[2.0.19] Ultimate Quiz MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
50%
Very Good
26%
Good
15%
Fair
7%
Poor
2%

Total votes: 46

chery

Re: [2.0.19] Ultimate Quiz MOD

Post by chery »

b1g3r wrote:Does anyone tried Ulimate Quiz to install in phpbb 2.0.22
Was the install succesfull in 2.0.22 :)

Thanks.
That's what I'm using :D
b1g3r

Post by b1g3r »

Cherry thanks for your reply.
Can you paste me your forum in pm or right here so i could see it.
Thank You.
chery

Post by chery »

b1g3r wrote:Cherry thanks for your reply.
Can you paste me your forum in pm or right here so i could see it.
Thank You.
http://wwd-games.com - the quiz is Usless FACTS Trivia at http://wwd-games.com/quiz.php
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

In case this hasn't been documented elsewhere, instructions on how to update from 1.0.6 to 1.3.3 are at http://www.cmxmods.net/quiz.php?mode=updating
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

Development for an Olympus version of this MOD will soon get underway.

Please post your suggestions and ideas at http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=590993

lugsciath

Post by lugsciath »

Little Bugfix for Quiz Packs in UQM (actual Version Nr. 1.33)

Open

admin/quiz_admin_packs.php

Search for

Code: Select all

require($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_quiz.' . $phpEx);
After Add

include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);

Ready! (Failure results in wrong imported quizfiles into sql, where some vars (e.g. cat id) imported as zero. Source is the missing link to common.php, which containing var $board_config).

Greetings

Uwe
Primy

Post by Primy »

Hi! Ive installed this nice mod, and it works good! But when ive uploaded the quiz_install file, it hasnt created this table:

CREATE TABLE phpbb_quiz_statistics ( `stats_id` int(5) NOT NULL default '', `quiz_id` int(10) NOT NULL default '', `user_id` int(10) NOT NULL default '', `stats_correct` INT(5) NOT NULL default '0', `stats_incorrect` INT(5) NOT NULL default '0', `stats_percentage` INT(3) NOT NULL default '0');
So, when i click on Quiz Statistics, it appears this message:

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'cinologia.phpbb_quiz_statistics' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_quiz_statistics ORDER BY stats_percentage DESC LIMIT 10

Line : 135
File : quiz_stats.php
Ive tried to install manually the table but it returns this error:

query SQL:

CREATE TABLE phpbb_quiz_statistics(

`stats_id` int( 5 ) NOT NULL default '',
`quiz_id` int( 10 ) NOT NULL default '',
`user_id` int( 10 ) NOT NULL default '',
`stats_correct` INT( 5 ) NOT NULL default '0',
`stats_incorrect` INT( 5 ) NOT NULL default '0',
`stats_percentage` INT( 3 ) NOT NULL default '0'
) 

Messaggio di MySQL:  

#1067 - Invalid default value for 'stats_id'
How can i solve this problem???

P. from Italy
justbishop

Post by justbishop »

I have the above issue, as well as a few others:

1. I've turned off the cash/points options because I don't have that feature installed on my site, and when I hit submit on the quiz adminCP page, I get this:

Query 17 did not execute correctly

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Cash_Currency'' at line 1

UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Cash_Currency'

Line : 84
File : admin_quiz.php
2. I've succesfully created a category and a quiz, but when I take the quiz (I've set it so that quiz authors can take their own quizzes), I get a plain white page that just says "Hacking attempt!"

3. Obviously, due to my first problem, I'm getting an error when I click on the Stats link.
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

justbishop

Post by justbishop »

EDIT: The first thing I did after reading the above post was to replace my original admin/admin_quiz.php with the one people are directed to in the thread posted [above]. That not only didn't fix any of my problems, but it also made my adminCP menu panel go white with an error message.

I did a bit more digging on the support site [in the link in the post above], and found that phpbb.com does not have the latest version of this mod in their database. I went and got the latest one [1.3.3], and everything seems to be working fine.
justbishop

Post by justbishop »

As I said earlier, I have this mod working fine, but I have another question...

Is there a way to order my categories alphabetically by default, and have any new categories I create down the line placed in order where they should go in the list? I'm assuming that this is a situation where something like this would be used, but I don't understand PHP well enough to place it or make it work:

ORDER BY category_name ASC
donbodo

Post by donbodo »

I want to use the Quiz mod, but I am not using Subsilver. I can't copy the Subsilver files directly in, or else it will mess up my design. So what can I do?
DakotaSurfer

Post by DakotaSurfer »

I put this question in the Cash Mod thread and was told to move it so here goes.

I don't think I could read through all the pages of posts but I have a couple simple questions about Quiz Mod. I've installed the Ultimate Quiz Mod on my forum and want just a very basic points system that would give each member taking a quiz a certain number of points depend on the percentage of correct answers in each quiz taken. I'd also want to be able to reward a point now and then for contests. Eventually these points would earn my members a prize of some kind but no money or funds of any kind will ever change hands and can not change hands.

Can a modified Cash Mod do this or am I looking for something else? if so... do you know where?

I also have some other options I'd like to see in the Quiz Mod like sorting options for the Quiz Stats.

Thank you for your time!!!
DakotaSurfer
Official John Wayne Message Board
Site Admin
quahappy
Former Team Member
Name: Andy Green

Post by quahappy »

Not sure if someone may have already suggested this plus I've only been looking through all the install and included files for the Ultimate Quiz MOD and can't find anything to suggest what I'm about to ask:

Do quizzes in this MOD have a timer (or is it possible?) so that Members have a certain length of time to answer all questions which prevents Searching (ie, Google) being used and getting every question right just to attain best results (statistics)? Yes, I know this is called "cheating" but I'm certain if some sort of timer was used (customisable according to Quiz type) then it adds tension and more accurate and fairer results heh heh. Results for members could be time taken and correct answers. Just a thought. ;)
If you don't ask.....
DakotaSurfer

Post by DakotaSurfer »

quahappy wrote:Not sure if someone may have already suggested this plus I've only been looking through all the install and included files for the Ultimate Quiz MOD and can't find anything to suggest what I'm about to ask:

Do quizzes in this MOD have a timer (or is it possible?) so that Members have a certain length of time to answer all questions which prevents Searching (ie, Google) being used and getting every question right just to attain best results (statistics)? Yes, I know this is called "cheating" but I'm certain if some sort of timer was used (customisable according to Quiz type) then it adds tension and more accurate and fairer results heh heh. Results for members could be time taken and correct answers. Just a thought. ;)
The timer is in the newest version from what I've read on the developers site.
DakotaSurfer
Official John Wayne Message Board
Site Admin

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”