[2.0.19] Ultimate Quiz MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
50%
Very Good
26%
Good
15%
Fair
7%
Poor
2%

Total votes: 46

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.19] Ultimate Quiz MOD

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Ultimate Quiz MOD
Author: battye
MOD Description: A fully customisable quiz addition to your forum, some of the features include full categorization of quizzes, statistics, multiple quiz types (Multiple Choice, True / False, Input Answers) and an administration suite where many aspects of the quiz can be altered and edited. Cash MOD support included. For a list of all features, visit http://www.cmxmods.net/quiz.php?mode=quiz_features

MOD Version: 1.2.0

Download File: Ultimate_Quiz_MOD_120.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 52305 Bytes

Security Score: 0

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version in the topic title. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
A fun MOD that lets you set up quiz questions that the users of your board can try to answer correctly.
Robert_Nit

Post by Robert_Nit »

Two problems

1: When I click "Quiz" in the admin panel I get this error at the top:

Code: Select all

Warning: file(http://www.cmxmods.net/quiz_latest.txt): failed to open stream: Connection refused in /usr/home/dan10842/public_html/forumdk/admin/admin_quiz.php on line 359
2: When I click "Submit" I get this error:

Query 17 did not execute correctly

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Cash_Currency'' at line 1

UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Cash_Currency'

Line : 84
File : admin_quiz.php
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

1: When I click "Quiz" in the admin panel I get this error at the top:

Warning: file(http://www.cmxmods.net/quiz_latest.txt): failed to open stream: Connection refused in /usr/home/dan10842/public_html/forumdk/admin/admin_quiz.php on line 359

That means that either your host doesn't have the allow_url_fopen directive enabled or that cmxmods.net was down when you tried it. It's not a critical problem and it's not one that'll manifest itself on every server all the time, but the fix is easy enough. Replace the call to file with @file, instead. Using the same methods that phpBB uses in admin/index.php is another probably more ideal solution but it's one that battye is probably better equipped to implement then the end-user.
2: When I click "Submit" I get this error:

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Cash_Currency'' at line 1

I have that problem, too :( The chief thing I tested, when validating, was that quizes could be made in the first place - not that ACP info. could be updated... something to check for next time, I guess..
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

Is this with or without the Cash MOD installed? (That you get the second error)
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

Edit (4 July 2007)

v1.3.3 is available from http://www.cmxmods.net/quiz.php
However this is a Beta version. The only real changes from 1.2.0 are the additions of new features.

Cheers
Last edited by battye on Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pinger_Aus

SQL Error

Post by Pinger_Aus »

Is this with or without the Cash MOD installed? (That you get the second error)

I have the same Error Message, this is without the Cash MOD installed.

DEBUG MODE

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

Very odd indeed, everybody who has tested this MOD has never got this problem, and when I try it, there is no problem at all.

Did you run the quiz_install.php file?

Pinger_Aus

SQL Error Message

Post by Pinger_Aus »

Yes, The Quiz Mod still functions without any problems other than the Error message in the Admin Panel after the Submit Button is pressed. After exiting the error message all updated options have been saved correctly.
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Re: SQL Error Message

Post by battye »

Pinger_Aus wrote:

Yes, The Quiz Mod still functions without any problems other than the Error message in the Admin Panel after the Submit Button is pressed. After exiting the error message all updated options have been saved correctly.

So it outputs an error, but updates it correctly? Strange indeed, seeing it still works it lessens the weight on my shoulders, but I still want to get this rectified ASAP..

Liljeberg

Post by Liljeberg »

When I ran install_quiz.php in the /install directory I got this:

Warning: main(./extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in h:\home\users\yadayadayada\public_html\forum\install\quiz_install.php on line 26

Warning: main(): Failed opening './extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in h:\home\users\yadayadayada\public_html\forum\install\quiz_install.php on line 26

Warning: main(./common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in h:\home\users\yadayadayada\public_html\forum\install\quiz_install.php on line 27

Warning: main(): Failed opening './common.' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in h:\home\users\yadayadayada\public_html\forum\install\quiz_install.php on line 27

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in h:\home\users\yadayadayada\public_html\forum\install\quiz_install.php on line 29
I edited the file and changed on line 24

$phpbb_root_path = './';
to

$phpbb_root_path = '../';
and then it worked. Is this just my setup?
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

Don't run it from /install/
MOD Instructions wrote: Run quiz_install.php (found in the install/ folder of this package) to execute the SQL. Run quiz_install.php from the root folder of your forum.
Make file changes first, before running the file.

:wink:

Liljeberg

Post by Liljeberg »

battye wrote: Don't run it from /install/
MOD Instructions wrote:Run quiz_install.php (found in the install/ folder of this package) to execute the SQL. Run quiz_install.php from the root folder of your forum.
Make file changes first, before running the file.

:wink:

OK, thanks. :oops:
HighlanderICT

Post by HighlanderICT »

I am experiencing the same error as other users.

phpBB 2.0.19
Quiz Mod 1.2.0
NO Cash Mod installed

Installation completed succesfully, install script run from forum root succesfully, can create quiz easily enough .... however get the same error in admin whenever i try to adjust settings.

checked the php file and this is the code immediately before the error message in the file ....

// While this is long, it is the most efficient way to do it at this point in time. It is also the same way the phpBB dev's run a lot of queries, in update_to_latest.php :-D
	$sql = array();

if($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_Register_Play'] == ON )
		{
			$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_Post_Count_Play']) . " WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Post_Count_Play'";
			$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_Post_Requirement']) . " WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Post_Requirement'";
		}

$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_Author_Play']) . " WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Author_Play'";
	$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_show_answers']) . " WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_show_answers'";
	$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_Register_Play']) . " WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Register_Play'";
	$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_Play_Once']) . " WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Play_Once'";
	$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", htmlspecialchars($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_Min_Max_Questions'])) . "' WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Min_Max_Questions'";
	$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", htmlspecialchars($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_Moderators'])) . "' WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Moderators'";
	$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", htmlspecialchars($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_Banned'])) . "' WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Banned'";
	$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", htmlspecialchars($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_Author_Mod'])) . "' WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Author_Mod'";
	$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_Stats_Display']) . " WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Stats_Display'";
	$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_Mod_Submit']) . " WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Mod_Submit'";
	$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_CashMOD_On']) . " WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_CashMOD_On'";
	$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_CashMOD_On']) . " WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_CashMOD_On'";
	$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_admin_cash_correct']) . " WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Cash_Correct'";
	$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_admin_cash_incorrect']) . " WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Cash_Incorrect'";
	$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_admin_cash_tax']) . " WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Cash_Tax'";
	$sql[] = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = " . str_replace("\'", "''", htmlspecialchars($HTTP_POST_VARS['Quiz_admin_cash_currency'])) . " WHERE config_name = 'Quiz_Cash_Currency'";
2cools

Post by 2cools »

Appears the Archive is corrupt, have tried using a variety of programs to uncompress it, and also tried repairing it but still having no luck.
2cools 8)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”