[2.0.19] Thumbnail-on-Dimensions mod (for Attachment mod)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
33%
Very Good
17%
Good
33%
Fair
17%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 6

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.19] Thumbnail-on-Dimensions mod (for Attachment mod)

Post by Extensions Robot » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:14 pm

MOD Name: Thumbnail-on-Dimensions mod (for Attachment mod)
Author: Pseudonym
MOD Description: This mod is designed to be installed over the top of Acyd Burn's Attachment mod.
It enables thumbnail creation to be triggered by the original image's dimensions, not its filesize.

The Attachment mod can create a plain text link if an image exceeds certain dimensions (the dimensions set via the ACP), but when determining whether or not to create a thumbnail image, it relies solely on filesize. This Thumbnail-on-Dimensions mod takes the dimensions at which a link would be displayed in place of the original image, and uses them to display a thumbnail instead.

MOD Version: 1.0.7

Download File: thumbnail_on_dimensions_1.0.7.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 3089 Bytes

Security Score: 0

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version in the topic title. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:52 am

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
Attachment MOD Thumbnail Creation is now triggered based on the image's dimensions, not its filesize.

This MOD requires that you have the Attachment MOD installed. You should also test the Attachment MOD's thumbnails to make sure they're working properly on your board prior to installing this MOD, or this MOD will not work.
Last edited by webmacster87 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

-ds-

Post by -ds- » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:34 am

Congrats on this nice mod.

Maybe the devlopers of the attachment mod can add this into their new versions? :P

Shanana

Post by Shanana » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:51 am

Cool mod.

InfoTAINER

Post by InfoTAINER » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:40 pm

Very nice MOD.
Good work.
time goes by

yngwiethps

Post by yngwiethps » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:41 pm

Perfect for those who use full templates and don't want their images scattered all over. I don't need it at this point but I'm going to use it anyway. Good job. 8)

yngwiethps

Post by yngwiethps » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:53 pm

It didnt work at all :(
First off, when I post and its loaded I have errors on page_header.tpl
and when its loaded and i vew the topic there is no thumbnail. :(

i can make a test account if you want

EDIT:
i uploaded the files i backed up for this mod and the errors are gone. im not sure whats wrong

colin_bb

Post by colin_bb » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:02 pm

This might just be the mod i'm desperately in need for but, i'm having the problem you outline in your author notes:
## Images that were posted before this mod was installed may not have had thumbnails created for them.
## This means that the thumbnail will be displayed as a broken image - although its link to the full
## image will work fine. If this is the case, you need to run the thumbnail-creation file that is
## included with the Attachment Mod in the /scripts/ folder. It's called, strangely enough,
## create_thumbnails.php and it comes with instructions in a readme file in the same folder.

The images appear as red crosses (broken link) yet when i click them, they open full size, which is great.

You say the solution to this is to run create_thumbnails.php in /scripts/ directory... but no such file or directory exists! I've downloaded the latest attachment_mod, and am running phpBB 2.0.19.

Looking forward to resolve this.

:)

Pseudonym

Post by Pseudonym » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:52 am

Colin, I can't argue with you. That file is definitely not included any more. But it used to be there, I swear! 8O

You're not the only one to have missed it - there have been a few requests for it on Acyd Burn's website, here and here. The second topic suggests that the create_thumbnails.php file from the earlier releases still works just as well.

I've sent a PM to Acyd Burn, asking for his advice. In the meantime, you could try the create_thumbnails file I've posted here.

yngwiethps - I'm not sure what to suggest. This mod doesn't change the page_header.tpl file at all. Are you using EasyMod to install it, or are you installing it manually?

yngwiethps

Post by yngwiethps » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:05 am

im using easymod beta 0.3.0 or w/e

yngwiethps

Post by yngwiethps » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:54 pm

This mod didn't work for me at all. The 3rd time i tried it to.

Warning: imagepng(): Unable to open '/home/www/metalwreck.com/JMF/files/thumbs/t_hakuna_121.png' for writing in /home/www/metalwreck.com/JMF/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php on line 217

Warning: imagepng(): Unable to open '/home/www/metalwreck.com/JMF/files/thumbs/t_hakuna_121.png' for writing in /home/www/metalwreck.com/JMF/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php on line 217

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/metalwreck.com/JMF/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:217) in /home/www/metalwreck.com/JMF/includes/page_header.php on line 589

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/metalwreck.com/JMF/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:217) in /home/www/metalwreck.com/JMF/includes/page_header.php on line 591

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/metalwreck.com/JMF/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:217) in /home/www/metalwreck.com/JMF/includes/page_header.php on line 592

Disturbed One

Post by Disturbed One » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:23 am

A demo would be nice :D

Pseudonym

Post by Pseudonym » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:33 am

yngwiethps - It sounds like there's a problem with your folder permissions. Have you tried creating thumbnails without this mod installed? My guess is that won't work for you either. Change the CHMOD permissions for the /thumbs/ folder to allow writing.

travelhazard

INSTALL??

Post by travelhazard » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:52 pm

I want to install this mod but currently (running phpbb with attachment_mod only). when I have the thumbnails enabled in attachment_mod I get this error when posting an image:

Warning: imagegif(): Unable to open '/home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/files/thumbs/t_latin_america_100.gif' for writing in /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php on line 209

Warning: imagegif(): Unable to open '/home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/files/thumbs/t_latin_america_100.gif' for writing in /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php on line 209

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:209) in /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 483

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:209) in /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:209) in /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 486

if I install this mod will it take care of this problem .. what should i do?

Thanks

travelhazard

more

Post by travelhazard » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:02 pm

well I read the post before mine and tried CHMOD'in the directory for images and the directory called include.. but it just resulted in more errors (I made it R/W/E, R/W, R

Warning: imagegif(): Unable to open '/home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/files/thumbs/t_latin_america_469.gif' for writing in /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php on line 209

Warning: imagegif(): Unable to open '/home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/files/thumbs/t_latin_america_469.gif' for writing in /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php on line 209

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:209) in /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/posting.php on line 602

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:209) in /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 483

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:209) in /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/attach_mod/includes/functions_thumbs.php:209) in /home/content/t/r/a/travelhazard/html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 486

any idea what I am doing wrong?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”