ACP User Registration

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
74%
Very Good
19%
Good
6%
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 31

igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:58 pm

jgreeno wrote: I am running phpBB 2.0.15 and have followed the install instructions but when I click the "Register User" link I get nothing but a blank window..

Any ideas on what I might be missing?

Upgrade to the newest version

jgreeno

Post by jgreeno » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:52 pm

I'm using PHPNuke 7.8 and the up-grade is choking, am I just outta luck?

igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:40 pm

German Language:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
language/lang_german/lang_admin.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
# This is a partial search; the full line is longer
#
$lang['Restore_DB'] = '
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#

// MOD: ACP User Registration
$lang['Register_User'] = 'Benutzer Registrieren';
// END MOD: ACP User Registration
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
# This is a partial search; the full line is longer
#
$lang['User_special_explain'] = '
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
# Note the two empty lines are necessary
#

// MOD: ACP User Registration
$lang['Register_new_user'] = 'Neuen Benutzer registrieren';
$lang['ACP_User_explain'] = 'Von hier aus lassen sich neue Benutzer für das Board registrieren. Man kann zwischen Einfacher Registration (Benutzername, E-mail Addresse, und Passwort)Und erweiterter Registration (Alle optionen) auswählen.
$lang['ACP_User_Simple'] = '%sSimple Mode%s'; // a href, /a tags or b, /b tags
$lang['ACP_User_Advanced'] = '%sAdvanced Mode%s'; // a href, /a tags or b, /b tags
$lang['Registration_options'] = 'Registrations Optionen';
$lang['Registration_options_explain'] = 'Hier lassen sich registrations-spezifische optionen einstellen.';
$lang['Registration_send_email'] = 'E-mail an neuen Benutzer senden';
$lang['User_validation_error'] = 'Der Benutzer konnte nicht registriert werden. Entweder existiert der Benutzername oder die E-mail Addresse bereits, oder sie wurde verbannt.';
$lang['No_user_in_db'] = 'Konnte Benutzer nicht zur Datenbank hinzufügen.';
$lang['ACP_new_user_added'] = 'Der Benutzer wurde erfolgreich hinzugefügt. Man kann %sView Their Profile%s.'; // a href, /a tags
$lang['Add_another_user'] = '%sHere%s klicken, um einen weiteren benutzer hinzuzufügen.'; // a href, /a tags
$lang['ACP_new_user_email'] = 'Ein Administrator von %s hat dich als neuen benutzer auf seinem Board registriert. Die Registration wurde direkt aktiviert. Bei weiteren Fragen, bitte %s, den Administratoren, der sie registriert hat kontaktieren.'; // Sitename, Admin Username
$lang['Add_to_groups'] = 'Benutzer zu Gruppen hinzufügen.';
$lang['Add_to_groups_explain'] = 'Der Benutzer wird automatisch zu den Gruppen hinzugefügt.';
$lang['No_group_list'] = 'Konnte Gruppenliste nicht finden.';
// END MOD: ACP User Registration
#
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------
#
# EoM
Advanced Registration:

Simple Registration:

Failed:

Done:

bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:13 pm

I get this error when I switch to ADVANCED mode:
Warning: Missing argument 10 for validate_optional_fields() in /home/ACCOUNTNAME/public_html/phpBB/includes/functions_validate.php on line 169
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:07 am

jgreeno: PHP-Nuke's phpBB is 100% different than the regular phpBB. I don't know much about it but I can guarantee you that this MOD wouldn't work with it.

evil<3: I really wanted you to PM them to me, there are reasons for that which I can explain in PM. :?

bonelifer: That would indicate that you have installed a MOD that edits functions_validate.php. The solution is documented in the third post on Page 1.
Last edited by webmacster87 on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:59 am

Fountain of Apples wrote: evil<3: I really wanted you to PM them to me, there are reasons for that which I can explain in PM. :?

bonelifer: That would indicate that you have installed a MOD that edits functions_validate.php. Solution:

Open admin/admin_acpuser.php
Find:

validate_optional_fields($icq, $aim, $msn, $yim, $website, $location, $occupation, $interests, $signature);
In-Line Find:

);
In-Line Replace With:

, ''
If you continue getting a similar error (i.e. you get a "Missing Argument 11" error) do the same thing over again until it works.

Sent you a PM :)

About this functions_validate.php... Is this only required, if it's a mod editing that file? I have some mods, that add additional fields when registering. Will these then be filled blank, or could it cause problems?

Thanks!

evil

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:12 pm

eviL<3 wrote:
Fountain of Apples wrote:evil<3: I really wanted you to PM them to me, there are reasons for that which I can explain in PM. :?

bonelifer: That would indicate that you have installed a MOD that edits functions_validate.php. Solution:

Open admin/admin_acpuser.php
Find:

validate_optional_fields($icq, $aim, $msn, $yim, $website, $location, $occupation, $interests, $signature);
In-Line Find:

);
In-Line Replace With:

, ''
If you continue getting a similar error (i.e. you get a "Missing Argument 11" error) do the same thing over again until it works.

Sent you a PM :)

About this functions_validate.php... Is this only required, if it's a mod editing that file? I have some mods, that add additional fields when registering. Will these then be filled blank, or could it cause problems?

Thanks!

evil

It only depends if they edit the validate_optional_fields() function by changing the number of vars passed to it. At the moment, there is no way to add fields to ACP User Registration. I will be working to fix that when I have time, but I'm being literally suffocated from homework nowadays.
For now, this is a temporary fix in case you have the warning that bonelifer talked about in Advanced Mode. If you don't have the warning, you don't need to fix anything. ;)

pittmike

Fix for Users not be able to login after being registered

Post by pittmike » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:16 pm

Good MOD I have to say, but following thing happened on my installation:

After adding a bunch of users all of them reported not to be able to login. The forum used is for a closed community.

After some hours of tracking through the issue, I found out that - at creation of the personal group in the groups table - a vital data point is not being written. That is the user_id to go into the group_user_id field.

Heres the fix:

-----------------------------------------------
FILE:  includes/functions_mod_user.php
-----------------------------------------------

Look for:
-----------

// Insert the personal group

And change the code after into:
-------------------------------------

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . GROUPS_TABLE . " (group_name, group_description, group_single_user, group_moderator, group_user_id)
VALUES ('', 'Personal User', 1, 0, " . $this->user_id . ")";

Cheers.
Choose PILLWAX Industrial Solutions Consulting for innovative solutions - Visit us at www.pillwax.com

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:33 pm

Thanks for posting. I'm kind of busy today to look at that but I'll try to take a look at that bug tomorrow. :)

morthaur

Post by morthaur » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:44 am

I'm hoping to get something like this working with Categories Hierarchy. Has anyone been able to do that with this mod?

Thanks,
Liam

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:51 pm

The reason this doesn't work with CH is for two reasons: one, the class that this uses has a duplicate name as a CH class (although that could probably be easily changed), and two, I'm pretty sure that CH's users system has a different setup which would require a considerable number of changes to the codebase. Frankly, CH is a complete rewrite of phpBB!

If I find time, I may look into the possibility of a CH-compat version, but I've got a lot of other priorities first.

Or, if anyone wants to write their own adaptation, they can. ;)

delar0cha

Registration - Using existing authentication system for phpB

Post by delar0cha » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:12 pm

This MOD is the closest I've found (so far) that ties in forum users to an existing user table. Being more familiar with the MOD library, can anyone tell me if this is the right place to start:?:

Basically, we have an internal CMA that lets people publish stuff online. They register to use our site, but we dont' want them to re-register for the forum section, which I'm hoping will be phpBB. Ideally, I'd like the phpBB to use the same cookie based authentication that our CMA uses....if the cookie is present, let the people post - otherwise, kick them to our registration page, let them sign up, set the cookies, then everything's good.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys offer!

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:37 pm

This MOD simply allows you to register users to phpBB yourself via a quick & easy backdoor method; what you want to do is integrate the phpBB users system with your own site, if I understand you correctly. This MOD can't help you there. However, I believe there is a topic somewhere in the Knowledge Base (don't have time to find an exact link right now).

nbeadmin

Post by nbeadmin » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:25 am

NICE!!!!! since i keep changing things...this makes testing much easier !

beckham388

Identity Insert Error - MS SQL Server

Post by beckham388 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:43 pm

Getting the following error when I try to create a new user from the ACP.

Warning: odbc_exec() [function.odbc-exec]: SQL error: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'phpbb_users' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF.

Disregard this question, I figured out the problem, thanks to all that might have assisted.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”