ACP User Registration

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
74%
Very Good
19%
Good
6%
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 31

webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:25 pm

davidnice wrote: The main thing I would like to add is to be able to assign each user an avatar. I have removed the profile contol from members but would like individual avatar assignment and control in the acp.

This is disabled because the class that is used for registering the user doesn't support avatars, and also because when you register a new user normally, you can't specify an avatar until you're already registered. You can, however, take a trip over to Admin User Management to specify an avatar.

davidnice

Post by davidnice » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:57 pm

Thanks, I guess we'll just have to take one more step when registering members. It should not be too difficult for an association with only around 400 members. (Once the bulk of them are registered).

cooleydd

Post by cooleydd » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:50 pm

I am a new user (an old man) and worried about goofing things up by changing code. I am using 2.0.21. I have control over the files except have no control over MySQL - but the forum is up and working.

Will the MOD work on version 2.0.21? I have no other MODS installed.

Are their exact instruction for installation in the MOD package?

I guess there is a first time for everything.

cooleydd

Post by cooleydd » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:41 pm

I bit the bullet and downloaded and installed. Every thing went ok!

EXCEPT!

When I bring the "Registration Information" screen up the very last line between the dark blue and the Submit icons it says:

": Yes No" (long space between : and Yes No)
(no quotes)

A question to be answered with a Yes or No but no question. What have I done wrong. It is my only MOD and I am running the very latest version (just a few days ago).

bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:49 pm

You didn't do the stuff from the install.txt file.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

cooleydd

Post by cooleydd » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:53 pm

I thought I followed it exactly - I went over each thing three times to make sure I was doing it right. But apparently I did something wrong.

Now I would like to know where did I make an error. I see nothing in the code to change that used these words. So I don't know where to check.

The only thing I was confused about was
----[AFTER ADD]---
# Note the two empty lines are necessary
#

I added exactly "# Note the two empty lines are necessary" but did not add the second line "#" - but wondered if I was suppose to add just two blank lines.

I copied and pasted the lines and double checked.
Last edited by cooleydd on Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

davidnice

Post by davidnice » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:58 pm

cooleydd wrote: I bit the bullet and downloaded and installed. Every thing went ok!

EXCEPT!

When I bring the "Registration Information" screen up the very last line between the dark blue and the Submit icons it says:

": Yes No" (long space between : and Yes No)
(no quotes)

A question to be answered with a Yes or No but no question. What have I done wrong. It is my only MOD and I am running the very latest version (just a few days ago).

Something must have gotten screwed up in admin/admin_acpuser.php

I installed it on two boards without a hitch. It ony takes one little slip to mess something up. I forget whether this is Easy Mod compliant but I sure would have installed Easy Mod before I did it, now that I have installed other mods with it (even some that are not officialy compliant).

davidnice

Post by davidnice » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:04 am

cooleydd wrote: I thought I followed it exactly - I went over each thing three times to make sure I was doing it right. But apparently I did something wrong.

Now I would like to know where did I make an error. I see nothing in the code to change that used these words. So I don't know where to check.

The only thing I was confused about was
----[AFTER ADD]---
# Note the two empty lines are necessary
#

I added exactly "# Note the two empty lines are necessary" but did not add the second line "#" - but wondered if I was suppose to add just two blank lines.

I copied and pasted the lines and double checked.

Try changing it to ONE blank line.

cooleydd

Post by cooleydd » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:44 am

I have done it with one line and two lines. Both ways I had the # before the lines. Does a blank line include the #

davidnice

Post by davidnice » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:35 am

No a blank line is really a blank line. I do recall having a problem with 2 lines and changed it to 1 line and everything worked. Sorry, it said "empty lines" but it still means empty.

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:39 am

If a line in the MOD instructions is prefixed with a #, then it simply indicates notes/instructions, and is not intended to be worked upon. That was simply to indicate to you that the two empty lines needed to be added to the code, you weren't supposed to add the line that said "# Note the two empty lines are necessary". :P

See also the KB doc. You may also be interested in using EasyMOD to install MODs.

cooleydd

Post by cooleydd » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:29 am

Here are my actual changes - I am going blind trying to see what I did wrong <smile> but learning. Where is my error!!! PLEASE

I still have:
: (big space) Yes No

By the way I have added two additional spaces (making four) and no luck. The sample below only shows 2. All I see is the Registration Box, four boxes to fill in "Username", "Email address", "Passord", "Confirm password" There is nothing on Utilities, Bannings, etc. . Nothing more than the Yes no above.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

$lang['Backup_DB'] = 'Backup Database';
$lang['Restore_DB'] = 'Restore Database';
// MOD: ACP User Registration
$lang['Register_User'] = 'Register User';
// END MOD: ACP User Registration

//
// Index

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

$lang['User_special'] = 'Special admin-only fields';
$lang['User_special_explain'] = 'These fields are not able to be modified by the users. Here you can set their status and other options that are not given to users.';

//
// Group Management
//

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:56 pm

cooleydd, that looks correct.

cooleydd

Post by cooleydd » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:50 pm

Wheewwwww - thought I was going blind. Should I have a total of 4 spaces or 2 spaces after the last mod?

This is all I see on the screen and this hasn't changed.

Registration Information
Items marked with a * are required unless stated otherwise.
Username: * (BOX)
E-mail address: * (BOX)
Password: * (BOX)
Confirm password: * (BOX)

: Yes No
Submit Reset

So I still have the same problem with the Yes NO - no question. Also shouldn't there be other things shown.

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:40 pm

cooleydd wrote: Wheewwwww - thought I was going blind. Should I have a total of 4 spaces or 2 spaces after the last mod?

This is all I see on the screen and this hasn't changed.

Registration Information
Items marked with a * are required unless stated otherwise.
Username: * (BOX)
E-mail address: * (BOX)
Password: * (BOX)
Confirm password: * (BOX)

: Yes No
Submit Reset

So I still have the same problem with the Yes NO - no question. Also shouldn't there be other things shown.

Okay, I'm not understanding the problem you're having.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”