Fix For The Firefox "Remember Passwords" Problem

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
65%
Very Good
18%
Good
10%
Fair
No votes
Poor
8%

Total votes: 40

ClodTalk

Post by ClodTalk »

New one seems to work for me again! I plan on installking the advance admin stuff today!

Thank you so mutch! My admins and myself are greatfull!
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

I just want to note that there isn't a requirement for MODs in our MODDB to fully work with other MODs; with the more MODs you have installed (with complexity), there is less of a chance another MOD that affects the same file(s) will work.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

It is nice when the MOD author is generous enough to make sure that their MOD plays nice with the rest of the board and popular MODs, like T0ny has done here. It's too bad that there are some who won't go that extra mile....

I applaud those like T0ny who will...

T0ny
Name: Tony

Post by T0ny »

ClodTalk wrote: New one seems to work for me again! I plan on installking the advance admin stuff today!

Thank you so mutch! My admins and myself are greatfull!

You're most welcome. Let me know if you find any conflicts with the advance admin stuff.

MennoniteHobbit wrote: the more MODs you have installed (with complexity), there is less of a chance another MOD that affects the same file(s) will work.

Tell me about it :) . Submitting this MOD has certainly been a learning experience for me. I previously had no idea that a MOD could cause so many conflicts :( . I appreciate you stepping in to post the official line on compatability though.
NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP »

T0ny, I applaud you for going that extra mile to make sure that your MOD plays nice with the others. There are several good MOD authors who would do the same and a lot that won't. I'm glad to see that you are one of the good guys...

Your MOD originally did remove a variable that was part of the standard phpBB layout. Everyone designs their MODs toward the standard, so when you removed one of the standard variables, it wasn't surprising that it would break more than one MOD that designed around the standards without removing any themselves. In this case, it wasn't that difficult for you to adjust your MOD so that it didn't break any others. That's all part of the learning process. Do no harm should be the motto of all good MOD authors...

T0ny, I think MennoniteHobbit made his comment more as a jab toward me rather than a clarification for you. I wouldn't expect anything less from him. We have a history...

jp1

Post by jp1 »

Thank you SO much for this mod. I use Firefox exclusively, and this was driving me crazy!
-John-
niksa

Post by niksa »

NightriderXP wrote: T0ny, I applaud you for going that extra mile to make sure that your MOD plays nice with the others. There are several good MOD authors who would do the same and a lot that won't. I'm glad to see that you are one of the good guys...

Couldn't have said it better myself. :)
TStarGermany

Post by TStarGermany »

hey t0ny,thx for the mod...the new version finally works 8)

i have a suggestion/question to you ppl though..

wouldn't it have been better to use another method from keeping ff inserting username/pw into the fields? i mean..after all it's a ff "misfunction",not a phpbb one, right?

my idea would've been: keep the username/pw fields inactive/"greyed out" until you click a small button next to it which changes the elements properties to active/non-greyed-out...
this way you could prevent all kind of accidental changes in those 2 important fields, not just the ff ones...
cubechris

Post by cubechris »

Many Thanks, the lastest version worked a treat, nice work, I am a big Firefox user, so this was such a pain, cheers!

:D
T0ny

Post by T0ny »

TStarGermany wrote: wouldn't it have been better to use another method from keeping ff inserting username/pw into the fields? i mean..after all it's a ff "misfunction",not a phpbb one, right?

The only other way to fix the problem, other than use a MOD, is to fix firefox; not something I can do :)
TStarGermany wrote: keep the username/pw fields inactive/"greyed out" until you click a small button next to it which changes the elements properties to active/non-greyed-out...

Unfortunately, setting the form fields to disabled/readonly doesn't stop firefox filling in the values. :(
T0ny

Post by T0ny »

Thanks to all for the positive feedback. I've submitted the v1.1.1 MOD to the MODDB (as v1.2.0), so assuming everything is OK, that should be available here soon. :)
concretemonkey

Post by concretemonkey »

I can concur with knightriderxp that there are incompatibility issues with some mods.

I will be installing the beta version now (after i have restored my backed up files) and am hopinf that this genuismod will work. As an exclusive FF user (previously opera) i am very grateful for your dedication to this mod.

Thanks

CM
T0ny

Post by T0ny »

concretemonkey wrote: I can concur with knightriderxp that there are incompatibility issues with some mods.

I will be installing the beta version now (after i have restored my backed up files) and am hopinf that this genuismod will work. As an exclusive FF user (previously opera) i am very grateful for your dedication to this mod.

Yes, the v1.0.2 MOD is incompatable with pretty much any MOD that alter the user admin functions :oops: . However v1.1.1 (hopefully soon to be approved as v1.2.0) is a lot more compatable. Let me know how you get along with it.
martijn2

Post by martijn2 »

Hi, I'm not sure if it is because of this mod, but whenever I now edit a user through the admin cp I get a username already taken error :(
This wasn't before like that, and I have this mod installed for some time now already :s
Anyway, here is my MODs list I have installed on my board, hope it helps...
Thanks in advance :)
Former phpBB user.
Dman8568

MOD incompatible w/ Attachment MOD

Post by Dman8568 »

I'm not sure how to word this, so please bear with me...

Your MOD does not currently work with Acyd Burn's "Attachment Mod".

Looking though my files I've found how you can correct this (If you wish).

Attachment Mod Download

File Location: /attach_mod/includes/functions_includes.php
Function: attachment_quota_settings()
Line: 181
Description: "username" needs to be changed to "user_name"
- Dman8568

My MODs:
- UserGroup E-Mail Switch MOD

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”