Fix For The Firefox "Remember Passwords" Problem

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
65%
Very Good
18%
Good
10%
Fair
No votes
Poor
8%

Total votes: 40

ravelink69

Post by ravelink69 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:24 pm

I dunno what it is im doing wrong but ive tried to install this thing on 4 seperate occasions and everytime ive gotten the same problem. im obviously the only one thats doing this wrong so im just going to leave it alone. everytime i install it it deletes all the lines from 728 down. and then when i re-install admin_ug... then it says the same error on admin_user.php line 1023.

oh well, i guess this is one of the MODs that has defeated me.

thanks for the help anyways. i dont wanna waist anymore of your time.

Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape » Wed May 03, 2006 2:54 pm

Try using a different text editor for your work...sounds like an issue with that?

Check out AceHTML, it hasn't let me down yet!
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :

wiccaan

Post by wiccaan » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:55 am

Haha, I was just bitching how Firefox was doing this to a friend and I come and find this mod to fix it. Thanks a lot :) Works great! Installed with EasyMod as well :)

Chris Lee

Post by Chris Lee » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:52 pm

I am still having trouble with the "Find a Username selection" where it says "Sorry, but that user does not exist." I only have the mod eXtreme Styles and the IM Portal. I don't know if these conflict with this Firefox Fix.

If so, how can I fix the problem? The mod seems to somehow change the "Find a Username" function to do the exact same thing as the "Look Up User" button because when I enter the exact user name, it works, when I enter a non-existant username, they both give me the same "Sorry, but that user does not exist." error. Maybe something got rerouted. Hope that helps.

Everything else in editing a member's info works.

Thanks

T0ny
Name: Tony

Post by T0ny » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:49 pm

Chris Lee wrote: "Find a Username" function to do the exact same thing as the "Look Up User" button because when I enter the exact user name, it works, when I enter a non-existant username, they both give me the same "Sorry, but that user does not exist." error.

Do you have javascript disabled?

Chris Lee

Post by Chris Lee » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:38 am

Wow, that worked, thanks.

wiccaan

Post by wiccaan » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:22 am

Hmm.. not sure why but this stopped working for me all of a sudden... was working finr a few days ago now its not working at all. Javascript is enabled, I dont see what is causing it to stop though.

asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:37 pm

Thanks, this was a very clever approach and the fix is much appreciated.

I have a quick technical question: This is the first phpbb or phpbb mod code I've seen that uses bitwise operators ( &, | ) rather than logical operators ( &&, || ) and I'm curious to know why you would do that when each part of the if statement is logically true or false. I can see why either way would work fine (each side of the expression presumably equates to 1 if true and 0 if false so a bitwise and or or comparison of the two sides gets to the same result as a logical and or or comparison) but I'm wondering if there are times when bitwise opererators are more efficient or otherwise indicated for this sort of thing.

T0ny
Name: Tony

Post by T0ny » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:30 am

asinshesq wrote: I'm curious to know why you would do that when each part of the if statement is logically true or false.

This is because ,apparently, I'm not very good at typing :D

The bitwise &s should be logical &&s. Whoops :oops:

I'll correct this and re-submit. Thanks for pointing this out :wink:

zurn

Post by zurn » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:26 pm

Works great here too.

decorgal

Post by decorgal » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:44 am

I can't thank you enough for this! I was constantly having to open up the forum in IE to make user changes- and I rarely use IE.

Mr Papa

Post by Mr Papa » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:36 am

I cant say that I understand it, but if I do as you indicate it should be a couple of posts back and change the bitwise/logical operators & to &&, the mod doesnt work.

When the submit button is hit, nothing is saved and you are taken back to the enter username screen.

If I change the && back to &, everything works fine...

Nice mod...

Mr Papa

killyouall

Post by killyouall » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:45 am

ill wait till the next realease lol

groundfighter

Post by groundfighter » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:09 pm

A nice simple fix to such an annoying problem. Thanks. 8)

lefty74

Post by lefty74 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:48 pm

T0ny wrote:
asinshesq wrote:I'm curious to know why you would do that when each part of the if statement is logically true or false.

This is because ,apparently, I'm not very good at typing :D

The bitwise &s should be logical &&s. Whoops :oops:

I'll correct this and re-submit. Thanks for pointing this out :wink:

T0ny,
have you already had a chance to do that?

THanks
lefty
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”