phpBB Garage

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
76%
Very Good
13%
Good
9%
Fair
1%
Poor
1%

Total votes: 101

tgilbert

Re: PHPBB Garage mod now causing problems for PHBPP forums

Post by tgilbert » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:08 am

tgilbert wrote: I have now found that the problem I've been seeing in PHPBB Garage pages with 1054 errors has affected by PHPBB Forum posts as well. And I really don't understand why Garage has modified viewtopic.php???

For all forum posts, when I try to read the posts, I now get:

Could not obtain post/user information.

For anyone else who experiences similar problems, here is the solution that poyntesm was kind enough to help me to fix:

In the files that give this error, find the SELECT statements with the table joins that are showing as the error lines, find the FROM statement and put brackets around the tablenames in the statement. E.g.:

Code:

Code: Select all

FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt 
Replace with
Code:

FROM ( phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt )
This was a problem with running Garage against MYSQL 5.x, by the way.

Tony G

PTRACER

Post by PTRACER » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:59 pm

This looks like an absolutely fantastic mod...but I'd like to ask - has anyone tried it on phpBB 2.0.17?

I already use quite a few mods on my forum and I really don't want to go through the trouble of upgrading again and losing all my old modifications.

tgilbert

Post by tgilbert » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:55 am

PTRACER wrote: This looks like an absolutely fantastic mod...but I'd like to ask - has anyone tried it on phpBB 2.0.17?

I already use quite a few mods on my forum and I really don't want to go through the trouble of upgrading again and losing all my old modifications.

Yes, I originally set it up under 2.0.17 on an existing BB before setting up the new on on 2.0.19.

Tony

slayer1011

Post by slayer1011 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:43 pm

Sizer wrote: Just realised Im using an old version : v. 0.9.4

I just downloaded the new(??) version : 1.0.2

Can i use the upgrade file to go from 0.9.4 to 1.0.2?

I noticed Poyntesm hasn't been around this thread in a while, you CAN upgade from 0.9.4 but you have to upgrade to 1.0.0 first, then goto 1.0.2

I would suggest visiting www.phpbbgarage.com for the best supoprt (and quick support) that is for anyone who needs support

also the 1.0.0 download can be obtained here

http://forums.phpbbgarage.com/dload.php ... &file_id=6

unfortunatly going fromt eh Beta to the v1 then to v1.0.2 (and 1.0.4 which migth be due out soon) may seem to be a hassle, but its strongly recomended, cause tehre was a bit of change (especially when the next version after 1.0.2 comes out, i heard theres alot of new features that may be released)

good luck on the upgarde

tgilbert

Post by tgilbert » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:47 am

PTRACER wrote: This looks like an absolutely fantastic mod...but I'd like to ask - has anyone tried it on phpBB 2.0.17?

One thing I am finding is that each MOD writer seems to assume that you are using an unmodified version of PHPBB and therefore EASYMOD throws up a lot of errors if you have many MODs. I have taken to looking at the individual errors thrown up, finding the code concerned and rewriting the MOD to work with my code. It's easier than manually adding the mods. And as I test each MOD locally first, it makes it much easier when I add them to the live sites.

TonyG

mike.newbern

Post by mike.newbern » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:54 am

I installed this MOD using EasyMOD on a heavily modified 2.0.18 with no problems! This is the coolest mod around. Now, if someone could just write a Hot or Not MOD, I'd be set!

I have one more customization to do and I'll be happy with my board for the next five minutes. I would like for the forum to not show up just before "-> Garage" so it looks more of a stand alone component. How would I delete that? I'm using seperate header files for the garage and the auction as you can see across the top. However, I would really like to take the forum name out of the top navigation area.

BTW, I run a Biker E-zine (http://www.americanmotorcycleclub.com) and modified my lang file so it shows 'bike' instead of 'vehicle' and I also modified the buttons. If anyone wants my lang file, you can download it http://www.americanmotorcycleclub.com/f ... garage.txt . Feel free to pull any of the buttons you want from my garage.

Thanks again for this killer Mod!

slayer1011

Post by slayer1011 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:20 pm

mike.newbern wrote: I would like for the forum to not show up just before "-> Garage" so it looks more of a stand alone component. How would I delete that? I'm using seperate header files for the garage and the auction as you can see across the top. However, I would really like to take the forum name out of the top navigation area.

Simple ;)

Open the template file called "garage_header.tpl"

find

<a href="{U_INDEX}" class="nav">{L_INDEX}</a> -> 
delete that and the index link and -> will not appear before the garage...

Just dont deleet the stuff after the garage, cause that is what shows up when you click otehr buttons eg: Garage -> Search, Garage -> Browse , Garage -> 1992 Honda Civic, so you want those otehr things there ;)

mike.newbern

Post by mike.newbern » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:52 pm

Thanks! That's exactly it. I just couldn't find it.

Mike

Fletch79

Post by Fletch79 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:13 pm

I know the answer to this will be simple

Is it possible to display multiple cars on each post??
At the moment i can only get the forum that the garage is set up on to display one car (the first one added) to display on my posts

Is it a setting in the admin panel??

Cheers
Fletch

slayer1011

Post by slayer1011 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:45 pm

Fletch79 wrote: I know the answer to this will be simple

Is it possible to display multiple cars on each post??
At the moment i can only get the forum that the garage is set up on to display one car (the first one added) to display on my posts

Is it a setting in the admin panel??

Cheers
Fletch

as far as i know .. No it is not possable right now..

the reason behind it (as i recall) is it will require anotehr SQL call per post in your viewtopic, which can overload your server. I beleive as it stands, the vehicle that is shown, is whatever the user has listed as their main Vehicle

microsplit

Post by microsplit » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:31 pm

I was wondering where in the scripts I could alter access rights for moderators to be able to approve vehicles.

Thanks.

We LOVE the garage mod!

slayer1011

Post by slayer1011 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:36 pm

microsplit wrote: I was wondering where in the scripts I could alter access rights for moderators to be able to approve vehicles.

Simple Fix...

http://forums.phpbbgarage.com/viewtopic.php?p=267#267

check out that link, its a simple 1 line edit ;)

robertut

Post by robertut » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:23 am

After a server crash, I could only recover the database and the garage pictures. I used phpBB 2.0.17 with garage 0.9.2.
How should I proceed with a little modified 2.0.20 phpBB, to install garage? The database is okay, and contains the garage tables with data.
Which version of garage?

Robert

slayer1011

Post by slayer1011 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:45 pm

well since the tables are already there, just install the latest Beta Code (0.9.4) available at www.phpbbgarage.com, after you install 0.9.4 Update to version 1.0.0 then you'll be up to date and Out of Beta Status... then you can update to the latest stable code.I highly suggest you check out www.phpbbgarage.com forums for the best support for your situation because upgrading from Beta to stable you need to go from 0.9.4 to 1.0.0 before you can keep up to date, and plus poyntesm is there daily to give support.. but your situation is not that un-common (upgrading that is) not the crash part..

head on over there and we'll be able to help you out alot more.

phpbbtester

Post by phpbbtester » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:51 pm

Trying to upload an image to garage, I got this error;

Could not insert new entry

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1366 Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'attach_thumb_width' at row 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_garage_images (attach_location, attach_hits, attach_ext, attach_file, attach_thumb_location, attach_thumb_width, attach_thumb_height, attach_is_image, attach_date, attach_filesize) VALUES ('garage_gallery-3-1146408517.jpg', '0', '.jpg', 'impreza.jpg', 'garage_gallery-3-1146408517_thumb.jpg', '', '', '1', '1146408517', '188568')

Line : 1556
File : functions_garage.php

What's wrong?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”