phpBB Garage

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
76%
Very Good
13%
Good
9%
Fair
1%
Poor
1%

Total votes: 101

cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:33 pm

hmm.. seems to have been sorted by the good ol' delete cookies and temp. int. files.

Everyone I've checked with can access it fine, and I've added a car successfully.

Now for some other mods :D

cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:39 am

Does anyone know where the Insurance cover types are held?

There is a typo on Third Party Fire & Theft. Its spelt Thired, and I just wanted to correct it.

Thanks
Ant

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:42 am

Code: Select all

$lang['Third_Party_Fire_Theft'] = 'Thired Party, Fire & Theft';
In lang_garage.php..thats the file that handles all strings.

As a small note its fixed in upcoming 1.2.0 which is about to hit beta..and includes many many more features.

cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:06 am

Thanks mate. I'll make the change on this one, and then eagerly await the next release :D

shotgun000

Post by shotgun000 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:28 pm

I'm having trouble with the install_garage.php file.

I created the garage folder in my root directory. Inside of that is an install folder. Inside of that is the install_garage.php file.

The garage folder is chmod to 775 and upload is chmod to 777.

The first time I ran it, it tried to install but I got a bunch of errors. I can't remember what they were. Now when I try to run it, I get this.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@domesticmisfits.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any ideas? :? The rest of the mod has been installed; files modified and garage files uploaded. I had no problem with that part.

Should I manually install the sql?

FWIW, I'm running a heavily modified board with 2.0.21

Thanks, and I look forward to using this mod!

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:37 pm

install_garage.php goes in the root of phpBB. You only need to create garage/upload and place nothing inside it. Not garage/install. When people upload pictures they will get stored there.

So place install_garage.php where viewtopic.php is and run it from there.

rrasco

Post by rrasco » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:47 pm

so with it being said there will be another release soon, will you have upgrade docs?
http://www.putfile.com/rrasco - My Media
http://www.cbrextreme.com - Honda CBR Community
http://www.snackbar-games.com - Your Games, Your Site, Your Community.

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:37 pm

Yes..you can always upgrade. The only thing is I offer a upgrade from only the last version so e.g 1.0.2->1.0.3

1.2.0 is the next release...HOWEVER..as noted I leave tomorrow for 3 months so it will not be to my return.

shotgun000

Post by shotgun000 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:52 pm

poyntesm wrote: install_garage.php goes in the root of phpBB. You only need to create garage/upload and place nothing inside it. Not garage/install. When people upload pictures they will get stored there.

So place install_garage.php where viewtopic.php is and run it from there.

That fixed it!

Now I feel really dumb. :oops: That's what I get for rushing, and not carefully reading the instructions. :lol:

Works perfect; my users really like it. Thanks again! :D

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:03 pm

Do not forget to drop by phpbbgarage.com and list you site in the site showcase forum!! I often browse others garages just looking at all the cars!!

mnp13

Post by mnp13 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:12 pm

I'm interested in this MOD, and want to know if it's something I can turn off and on?

I would be adapting it to dogs "view kennel" "browse kennel" etc. but it will probably take me a while to get the images made, etc.

is someone going to be filling in for you during the three months you are gone?

Can you move where the menu is located, or does it default install to the upper left?

I have skimmed over the thread, but I admit I have not read all 20 pages.

Thanks!

mnp13

Post by mnp13 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:46 pm

does this mod automatically size the pictures?

rrasco

Post by rrasco » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:58 pm

just an FYI, i have been receiving help from my brother and the user in this article. i just wanted to link to it so everyone can see how to display a featured vehicle outside of the forums or phpBB2 dir.

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=406144
http://www.putfile.com/rrasco - My Media
http://www.cbrextreme.com - Honda CBR Community
http://www.snackbar-games.com - Your Games, Your Site, Your Community.

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:02 am

mnp13 -> Yes it automatically produces thumbnail images of the full image. The MOD is very flexible and the menu is stored in a seperate .tpl and as such can easily be placed where you want with a bit of HTML skill. There will be a member of my forum answering basic stuff but I am the sole developer so no new code in my absense. In 1.0.3 (current version) you can disable a lot of stuff but it does not completly remove them from the GUI. In 1.2.0 any item disabled is removed from the GUI completly.

rrasco -> There is also a sticky on my forum relating to get data to other parts of your site.

mnp13

Post by mnp13 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:44 pm

I'm attempting to turn this from a garage into a kennel...

It's going slowly though and some stuff has broken, such as the browse, which doesn't make sense to me because all I have changed is the text in the viewable area and not any field names. Though it is pretty funny to see my dog listed as a 2001 Pit Bull!

I'm not sure this is going to work, but I'm going to give it a shot. I joined your forum, and hopefully people there will be able to help me out as well.

Have a good trip!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”