phpBB Garage

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
76%
Very Good
13%
Good
9%
Fair
1%
Poor
1%

Total votes: 101

slayer1011

Post by slayer1011 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:51 pm

i unfortunatly dont have version 1.0.2 to compare the templates to the correct ones, (and the download here is broken) could you PM me your files in question (the code to them)

please use the [code]&[/code] so i can read the code properly..

the files in question are

garage_vehicle.tpl
garage_modification.tpl
garage_view_gusetbook.tpl

anton1o

Post by anton1o » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:59 pm

How would i possibly go about changing all text that says

BHP to RWKW

Thanks Alot.

slayer1011

Post by slayer1011 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:10 pm

anton1o wrote: How would i possibly go about changing all text that says

BHP to RWKW

Thanks Alot.

Simple. its all stored in teh LANG files... language/lang_english/lang_garage.php & language/lang_english/lang_admin.php

when you are editing do NOT change the part that says $lang[xxxx] only the stuff between the quotations can be modified, the $lang part is the language variable that the garage uses to load that info..

if you need more specific instructions let me know

PaulusB

Post by PaulusB » Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:32 pm

slayer1011 wrote: i unfortunatly dont have version 1.0.2 to compare the templates to the correct ones, (and the download here is broken) could you PM me your files in question (the code to them)

please use the

Code: Select all

&
so i can read the code properly..

the files in question are

garage_vehicle.tpl
garage_modification.tpl
garage_view_gusetbook.tpl

@slayer1011 check your pm box greets

anton1o

Post by anton1o » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:01 am

Just to clarify..

$lang['Bhp_Explain'] = '<b>BHP</b><br />Enter Your BHP';
I would change that to
$lang['Bhp_Explain'] = '<b>RWKW</b><br />Enter Your RWKW';

and as follow thru out all the other lines of code that say BHP..

tgilbert

Post by tgilbert » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:51 am

Glenn I wrote: Any screen shots. I run an aviation site and some of the members own aircraft. Instead of cars, can it be changed to aircraft somehow? Only asking because I have no idea what this mod info looks like so a screen shot would be helpful.

Thanks 8)

Hi Glenn

I have customised Garage for motorcycles, so you should be able to customise it for planes. You'll need to turn off some of the features like quarter mile times and dyno specs. Most of the changes to be made are in one or two language files - just changes of terminology really. You can see my site at http://www.bikesonshow.com.

TonyG

slayer1011

Post by slayer1011 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:19 pm

anton1o wrote: Just to clarify..

$lang['Bhp_Explain'] = '<b>BHP</b><br />Enter Your BHP';
I would change that to
$lang['Bhp_Explain'] = '<b>RWKW</b><br />Enter Your RWKW';

and as follow thru out all the other lines of code that say BHP..

that is correct ;)

tgilbert

Esmond, where are you??? Thumbnails in browse list.

Post by tgilbert » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:05 am

Hi Esmond, what's happened to your website? It says you're not paying your bills. Hope things haven't got that grim. Maybe it's time to ask for contributions from freeloaders like myself.

I was trying to find a smart way to display thumbnail photos in the table for "browse the garage", instead of little camera icons. Has anyone done this?

TonyG
www.bikesonshow.com

PaulusB

Post by PaulusB » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:16 am

Question when hoovering over de function delete your car you see a the same tekst appearing. In which file must can I change that. Not in the lang file I already had done that, but had no effect :?:

Garibaldi

Post by Garibaldi » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:43 pm

I would like to create an add-on for this hack, however I need some help coding the phpBB MOD. Here's my basic idea:

I live in Wisconsin, USA, and really enjoy attending the car shows during the summer. Unfortunately the shows end around eary October because of the poor weather. During the winter months I would like to do a "virtual car show" on my site, so that all the car guys around here (and throughout the world) can stay in touch and particpate in shows even if we can't physically go out to one.

This would mainly involve the following parts:
-> When looking at your car in the garage, there would be a button to "register your car for the ___ show on ___
-> On the Registration Page you could change any info on the car as well as add additional comments, then submit. You would automatically recieve an email reminding you about the show 1 day before it takes place
-> During the show you would go to the Car Show Page, ie /forum/show.php, where you could view everyone's cars (who has registered) with a picture on top and stats below. Also there would be a button to "talk with {username}" so that you could chat. Also could this page be playing music in the background, maybe from a streaming radio station, configurably from the ACP?
-> In this Chat window you can chat privately with just one person or a group of people. Your avatar would be displayed next to each comment you make. Also the cars of the people you are chatting with would be displayed on the right. You could do text chat as well as voice chat

I've setup a demo of this here:
www.wiscollectorcar.com/carshowdemo

What do you think?

slayer1011

Re: Esmond, where are you??? Thumbnails in browse list.

Post by slayer1011 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:28 pm

tgilbert : Esmond (poyntesm) is on Holidays, and it appears may gave forgotten about his hosting service.. I have emailed him to remind him, hopefully no data will be lossed...

PaulusB : Can you be more specific? if you hover over delete the same task as what appears? there shoudlnt be ANY function related bugs in teh latest stable release, if you click the button / link, does it funtion properly?? Im not quite sure what you want to edit?

Garibaldi : Im not sure anyone here can help you, because what you want is so specific and complicated.. its basically 3 more mods in 1?? Chat, Reg Page, and a virtual car show??

Garibaldi

Post by Garibaldi » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:57 pm

Garibaldi : Im not sure anyone here can help you, because what you want is so specific and complicated.. its basically 3 more mods in 1?? Chat, Reg Page, and a virtual car show??

Well the Reg Page would have to be tied to part of the virtual car show. I suppose we could just adapt an existing chat mod for phpBB too. I'm willing to do whatever is necessary to create this, I just need help from someone who can code php. Does anyone have any ideas on how this could be done, or what parts of it could be created?

slayer1011

Post by slayer1011 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:10 am

it can all be created, unfortunatly my knowledge of php Ends at Basic php Pnly, for what you are wanting to do, you would need to know how to program for SQL as well...

Maybe you could ask in teh Mod Wrighters Discussion, or Mod Requests, you'll get better answers there

PaulusB

Post by PaulusB » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:07 am

@slayer1011

The white popup tekst that i would like to change but its not in the lang file.

{S'PORT}_Skillz

Post by {S'PORT}_Skillz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:27 am

Hmm, appears I have a small problem that has started.

Currently I am running PhpBB 2.0.21, and CH 2.1.4e.

I have the garage mod installed, and it's the only other mod installed.

When someone enteres a rolling road entry, it will not automatically remove itself from the pending page, even if it's approved. It will still display in the garage as being active, but it's also in the pending garage items page.

Any ideas?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”