phpBB Garage

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
76%
Very Good
13%
Good
9%
Fair
1%
Poor
1%

Total votes: 101

slayer1011

Post by slayer1011 »

qctuners.com wrote: What about anything on track time's? Is there any kind of add for it or is that going to be on 2.0?

I havent seen it in teh works yet, but you could always edit the lang fiels and make the 1/4 into a track time??
or goto www.phpbbgarage.com and put in a feature request ;) hopefully it can make it into a future release for you

version 2.0 will have custom feilds :D so you can simply add your own info there
qctuners.com

Post by qctuners.com »

I would put a request in there but just dont want to register lol. Thanks for letting me know about the 2.0

I can't change the 1/4 fields because i have people who also dragrace so I'll just wait.

THanks!
Speedy62

Post by Speedy62 »

ChriZathens wrote: First of all, poyntesm, i would like to say a big WELL DONE !!! for your amazing mod !!!!
I installed it on my forum and it looks great !!!
There is only one thing i would like to achieve and i was hoping you could help me out on this...
My template is SubBlack . When users are trying to add a description in the white box when editing a vehicle or when wanting to add a description about a modification they cannot see what they are writing because the letters are light yellow on a white background.. :roll:
Attached screenshot :

The whole line is writing rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... but the r's showing are ones i selected with the mouse.
Is there a way i could change the letters's color????

The same here, how do I change the colour to black please?
MKCSystems

Post by MKCSystems »

I just found this mod this evening while looking for something else and I downloaded it and spent maybe the last hour and-a-half installing it and it works great!

If you want to check it out you can go to http://www.harshwintersvw.com/phpBB2/index.php

THANKS FOR THE MOD!!! :D

Mark
Mark Kurtz
Owner,
MKC Systems LLC
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Speedy62 -> You need to search for class='multitext' and change it to class='post in the file garage_vehicle.tpl. It will be in templates/xxxxx/ where xxxxx is your different template.'

MKCSystems -> Glad you like it. There is plenty more to come.

Nearly home from my 3 month holiday...so anyone with major porblems/issues/requests hang on in there and I will be back soon. Thanks for your understanding.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

qctuners.com -> Track times is a very interesting one. One that custom fields will not cover...but it is defo something I want to tackle as we will use it for my club too.

As mentioned I have been off on holidays for three months and will return soon. My main focus will be to get 1.2.0 finished. Then get a version ready for the upcoming phpBB v3. At that point I will look at all feature requests and start to plan a roadmap. It may end up being that 1.2.0 is the last major release for phpBB2 and that all new features such as tracktimes head into phpBB3. Time will tell....anyway better stop rambling. To cut a long story short...track times are defo in for the future.
Speedy62

Post by Speedy62 »

poyntesm wrote: Speedy62 -> You need to search for class='multitext' and change it to class='post in the file garage_vehicle.tpl. It will be in templates/xxxxx/ where xxxxx is your different template.'.

Thankyou.
panhead

Problem with query

Post by panhead »

I get this message when I want to enter the garage:
Could not query vehicle information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1030 Got error 28 from storage engine

SELECT g.id, CONCAT_WS(' ', g.made_year, makes.make, models.model) AS vehicle, g.member_id, g.date_created AS POI, m.username FROM phpbb_garage AS g LEFT JOIN phpbb_garage_makes AS makes ON g.make_id = makes.id LEFT JOIN phpbb_garage_models AS models ON g.model_id = models.id LEFT JOIN phpbb_users AS m ON g.member_id = m.user_id WHERE makes.pending = 0 AND models.pending = 0 ORDER BY POI DESC LIMIT 3

Line : 2523
File : functions_garage.php

I have changed nothing, anyone an idea?
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Sounds like your DB has had a problem. Contact your host and they might be able to help.
kiruna

Post by kiruna »

On page 10 in this topic "tgilbert" had the same problem as I do now.

"SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'p.poster_id' in 'on clause'"

On page 11 it was written that this should be changed: "FROM phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt "

To this: "FROM ( phpbb_posts p, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts_text pt )"

I'm probably stupid.. but where do I find that row? In viewtopic.php..?
I can't find it there.

I got a new server today and the only thing I can't get to work is this garage mod. The original phpbb forum works fine without it, I have tried it in several different ways. But it's not fun to just drop the garage mod after I used for a long time.
It's a little risk to use mod's, that day you need to upgrade it's usually a problem with something. :wink:
(I guess it's easy if you understand php a better than I do) :lol:
panhead

Post by panhead »

Sounds like your DB has had a problem. Contact your host and they might be able to help.

You're right, the problem has disappeared. Thanks.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

kiruna -> Sounds like you now have MySQL5. Head to phpbbgarage.com and download 1.0.3 which added support for MySQL5 I am awaiting for it to be approved here. Only tiny changes so it is perfectly safe to use.
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens »

poyntesm wrote: As mentioned I have been off on holidays for three months and will return soon.

3 months??? 8O
I hate you !!! :lol:
poyntesm wrote: It may end up being that 1.2.0 is the last major release for phpBB2 and that all new features such as tracktimes head into phpBB3.

Perhaps you should consider including features in the phpbb 2.x version, too
I don't believe that it is going to be replaced by phpBB3 so soon, since thousands of forums are heavily modded and cannot easily upgrade to phpbb3..... :roll:
What i mean is , that e.g. , in my forum, i must first wait till 90% of my mods have a phpbb3 version...Till then i will stick to 2.0.21
m4dm4x

Post by m4dm4x »

hi everybody,

I just installed the newest version of phpbb garage (phpbbgarage-v1[1].0.3.zip).
So far so god, but I can't upload pics.
everytime I'll want to upload one, I get a red X.
Could someone help me please??

mfg,
Johann

EDIT: I found the fault: the folder name was wrong. I created an "uploads" folder. but the right one's name is "upload" :roll: :wink:
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

ChriZathens -> Be great to have all features in all version...but I am just one person. So I think all major new feature will be phpBB3 only as we plan on trying to move to it sooner rather than later. Small simple stuff might end up in both..I will have to wait and see to be 100% on that but currently thats my plan.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”