[2.0.20] registration disable website signature

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
65%
Very Good
12%
Good
8%
Fair
6%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 49

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Yes, it is, but it is something that gets ran through the templating engine before it gets outputted. And the template engine checks the .php file to see if that switch is enabled or disabled. More info about that perticular switch here: http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=342
JohnB352

Post by JohnB352 »

EXreaction wrote: Yes, it is, but it is something that gets ran through the templating engine before it gets outputted. And the template engine checks the .php file to see if that switch is enabled or disabled. More info about that perticular switch here: http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=342

I have changed both templates and can still see the website field. Any idea what else I'm missing here?
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

JohnB352 wrote: I have changed both templates and can still see the website field. Any idea what else I'm missing here?

I have no idea. :?

If you want me to look at it more I think I would need FTP access. If you can't get it working, you should probably remove the mod entirely because you may end up blocking legit users.

EDIT: Just thought of something...

Do you have the switches on seperate lines? They have to be on seperate lines in order to work.
JohnB352

Post by JohnB352 »

EXreaction wrote:
JohnB352 wrote:I have changed both templates and can still see the website field. Any idea what else I'm missing here?

I have no idea. :?

If you want me to look at it more I think I would need FTP access. If you can't get it working, you should probably remove the mod entirely because you may end up blocking legit users.

EDIT: Just thought of something...

Do you have the switches on seperate lines? They have to be on seperate lines in order to work.

I finally figured out the problem: the company that hosts our website recently changed our server, I was FTP'ing into and changing files on our old server... Doh!! I FTP'd into the current server, made the changes, and all is working as it should!!!
I was just about to give up
8O
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

JohnB352 wrote: I finally figured out the problem: the company that hosts our website recently changed our server, I was FTP'ing into and changing files on our old server... Doh!! I FTP'd into the current server, made the changes, and all is working as it should!!!
I was just about to give up
8O

Well, that makes some sense, but it sounded like the signature field was hidden correctly as it is supposed to be. :?
meko111

How to install disable website signature 1.1.11a.zip ?

Post by meko111 »

Classification: 58 Profile

MOD Name: registration disable website signature
Author: EXreaction
MOD Description: When a user registers the website and signature sections are hidden. If they enter in anything in the hidden fields(only a bot would do that) they are denied from registration and if you turned the IP ban on, their IP Address is automatically banned.

Hi
Please,
How to install disable website signature 1.1.11a.zip ?

MOD Version: 1.1.11 (Updated 05/19/06)
Installation Level: Easy
Installation Time: ~ 3 Minutes

Download File: registration disable website signature 1.1.11a.zip
File Size: 6300 Bytes

Security Score: 0

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD T
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Your asking how to install the mod right?

Read the mod installation guide here:
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=150
spiritofamerica

Corrupted or unsupported?

Post by spiritofamerica »

I downloaded this 1.1.11 (zip file) and ran winzip. I then attempted to open the file (which has the extension .mod) and received an error, "corrupted or unsupported winamp file." I thought this would be a text file. I do not have winamp installed. Have I done something wrong? If so, what? Or, what do I need to do in order to see the Mod text? Thanks.
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Re: Corrupted or unsupported?

Post by EXreaction »

spiritofamerica wrote: I downloaded this 1.1.11 (zip file) and ran winzip. I then attempted to open the file (which has the extension .mod) and received an error, "corrupted or unsupported winamp file." I thought this would be a text file. I do not have winamp installed. Have I done something wrong? If so, what? Or, what do I need to do in order to see the Mod text? Thanks.

Right click the file
Go to open with(it can either be a single button or an extra menu. If it is an extra menu go to choose program, otherwise just click open with).
Find wordpad or notepad, and select it
Hit "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file"
and then hit ok

:)
True Crime Fanatic

Using Codes: third party?

Post by True Crime Fanatic »

I use my phpBB through my hosting service. I tried it on my own and I am just not able to do it. Am I able to use new codes such as these to help lower SPAMMERS when the board was created for me through the hosting server? I recently had to request them to upgrade to the phpBB 2.0.21 (again), and they are working on it.

Does this make sense? Do I need to ask THEM to put in the code?

Thank you.

Teraisa
Teraisa J. Rogers
True Crime Fanatic
http://TrueCrimeFanatic.com
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Re: Using Codes: third party?

Post by EXreaction »

True Crime Fanatic wrote: I use my phpBB through my hosting service. I tried it on my own and I am just not able to do it. Am I able to use new codes such as these to help lower SPAMMERS when the board was created for me through the hosting server? I recently had to request them to upgrade to the phpBB 2.0.21 (again), and they are working on it.

Does this make sense? Do I need to ask THEM to put in the code?

Thank you.

Teraisa

I have worked on some boards that have been installed by hosts before, and I have to say it depends on how it is setup. If you have ftp access to the actual phpBB files you should be able to do it yourself. Otherwise you will need to ask them. :)

It depends on what you mean by lower spammers. If the spam you are talking about is spam that you get from users registering with crap in their signature and website fields, then yes, this will help stop that spam.
Graffxman

Post by Graffxman »

Hey everyone!

I posted something like this in another thread, but this seems to be the best place...

EXreaction .... You're da' Man!
I downloaded the (your) latest version, installed it with EZmod, everything went so smooth I almost cried...
:cry:

Sure as sheet, not less than 1 hr after installing I started getting these **** bots using the "location, hobbies..." and other fields to post they're degenerate messages and links...

Is there anyway to disable, config or require auth in these fields to STOP these ***** bots from doing this ???

I just downloaded the 'email confirm' mod to see if that helps any...

Thanks in advance for all your help!
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

That's what I hear. :)

For a more advanced mod, try this(more fields and adminCP configurable):
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=399374

But before you install it, remove registration disable website signature first, as they will conflict.

No problem. :)
Graffxman

Post by Graffxman »

I was trying to get to that mod my friend, but when I click on the link to get it I keep getting 'domain has expired' ?

This domain has expired
It will be deleted in the next few days. If you are the owner of this domain, you still have a chance to renew it.

Domain Name Expires
gotechzilla.com 09-AUG-06
http://expired.revenuedirect.com/park.p ... e_id=35427
EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction »

Oops, sorry about that, I forgot it was on that server(we are changing hosts).

The first post in that thread is updated with the new link to it. :)

If your lazy, here is a direct link.
http://www.lithiumstudios.org/files/php ... am_ACP.zip

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”