[2.0.20] registration disable website signature

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
65%
Very Good
12%
Good
8%
Fair
6%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 49

drbob101

question

Post by drbob101 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:28 pm

If I install this mod is there a way to delete the www that are already posted alongside the users names? Or do I just have to go in and manually delete all of them?

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Re: question

Post by EXreaction » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:11 pm

drbob101 wrote: If I install this mod is there a way to delete the www that are already posted alongside the users names? Or do I just have to go in and manually delete all of them?

You would have to delete them manually. This only removes the www(and signature) field during registration.

Shunt

Post by Shunt » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:56 am

After trying this mod for a few days, I'm going to go the agressive way and hide location, occupation & interest as well.

I got almost as many bots with this mod, they just stopped filling in the website-part. Anyway, at least my ban-ip db is growing at a nice rate. :D

groundfighter

Post by groundfighter » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:15 am

I like this solution, cool mod. Thanks. 8)

neilbombd

Post by neilbombd » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:31 pm

Oops, forgot to post my thanks in here the other day....thanks! Really great idea.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:03 pm

Shunt wrote: After trying this mod for a few days, I'm going to go the agressive way and hide location, occupation & interest as well.

I got almost as many bots with this mod, they just stopped filling in the website-part. Anyway, at least my ban-ip db is growing at a nice rate. :D

I am working on something new that will block out whatever sections you want during registration and until they have a certian # of posts(all configurable in the adminCP). Its definatly not ready for a live board(its still in development) but if you want to keep an eye out for it you can here:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=399374

Shadow503

Post by Shadow503 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:30 pm

Nice mod, but I'm having issues and just removed those fields all together.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:35 pm

Shadow503 wrote: Nice mod, but I'm having issues and just removed those fields all together.

What kind of issues? What exactly did you remove(or from what file did you remove stuff)?

Shadow503

Post by Shadow503 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:46 pm

Wow, I completely messed up the wording on my post. :oops: I meant that the mod completely removed those fields, it has to do with me already installing Xdata and I need to modify the logged in switch to work as a nested switch.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:07 pm

Shadow503 wrote: Wow, I completely messed up the wording on my post. :oops: I meant that the mod completely removed those fields, it has to do with me already installing Xdata and I need to modify the logged in switch to work as a nested switch.

Ah, I never could get nested switches to work. :(

visionquest99

Post by visionquest99 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:37 pm

Shunt wrote: Anyway, at least my ban-ip db is growing at a nice rate. :D

Is that such a good thing? Some of your genuine users may be affected if you ban a proxy ip.

myst123

Post by myst123 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:37 pm

I downloaded these files, but they are Winamp media files, and my computer can't read them. What am I supposed to do? I'm used to text files for mods.

Thanks.

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Post by EXreaction » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:10 pm

myst123 wrote: I downloaded these files, but they are Winamp media files, and my computer can't read them. What am I supposed to do? I'm used to text files for mods.

Thanks.

They are text files. ;)

Right click on them and use open with, if wordpad is not on the list hit choose program... find wordpad and select it, then hit Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.

sooj

Still Getting Email Notification

Post by sooj » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:42 am

I installed the "registration disable website signature MOD" and recently the site got inadvertantly nuked by the web host. My forum is gone... but I am still getting email notifications of Spam-bot attempts and there is nothing I can do to make them stop since the files are gone! The database is gone too. Any idea how this could be happening since the files are no longer there? We've decided not to start up the forum again because there is more spam activity then active members and it's not worth the trouble. We need to stop these emails though.

thanks,
sooj

EXreaction
Former Team Member

Re: Still Getting Email Notification

Post by EXreaction » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:46 pm

sooj wrote: I installed the "registration disable website signature MOD" and recently the site got inadvertantly nuked by the web host. My forum is gone... but I am still getting email notifications of Spam-bot attempts and there is nothing I can do to make them stop since the files are gone! The database is gone too. Any idea how this could be happening since the files are no longer there? We've decided not to start up the forum again because there is more spam activity then active members and it's not worth the trouble. We need to stop these emails though.

thanks,
sooj

You sure this is the correct mod? This mod doesn't send any emails from a spam attempt. Did you install this mod:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

Even with that, if the files are gone you won't get any new emails, so I don't know what is going on.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”