My Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
12%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 83

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

My Quick Reply

Post by Extensions Robot » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:24 pm

Modification name: My Quick Reply
Author: smitjel
Modification description: This mod adds a quick reply form below every topic. User has the ability to quote the last post and attach signature. Addons include the ability to lock or unlock a topic with a quick reply post, use the post subject field, use the quick reply in a static sense without the quick reply button and also to subscribe to the topic with a quick reply post.
Modification version: 1.0.7a
Tested on phpBB version: See below

Download file: my_quick_reply_1.0.7a.zip
File size: 14910 Bytes

Modification overview page: View

Selected tags:
  1. category
    1. Add-Ons
  2. phpbb
    1. 2.0.21
    2. 2.0.22
Support for this modification needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Team is not responsible or required to give anyone support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:31 am

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This is another Quick Reply MOD. In it default state, it has the options to quote the last post, attach signature, and has a link to open the emoticons pop-up window.

smitjel

Post by smitjel » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:28 pm

Screenshots:

Closed default state

Open for a guest in a public forum

Opened for a member

Opened with lock and subscribe topic addons

Opened with lock and subscribe topic addons and subject field addon

Opened with the static form addon (no quick reply button)
Last edited by smitjel on Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wfobogger

HELP!!!

Post by wfobogger » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:08 pm

first i'd like to start off by saying i'm new here, and glad to be part of the family

now , i'm trying to start my own forum... i've only used pro boards forum and now that i have created my own website to learn on before i do my big offroad forum i decided to try a forum, upon trying to figure things out i came across these mods' however i can not figure out how you do them...

if any one would be interested in helping me out with learning what to do it would be greatly appreciated. There might even be sumthing in it for ya if thats what it takes to get some help

thanks,

Joel

smitjel

Post by smitjel » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:21 pm

Basically, installing mods means that you're changing the source code of the forum to do something extra/different. You can install mods manually, by opening the files and making the neccessary changes to the source or you can use EasyMod to do it for you. If there are any database schema changes associated with the mod, you'll need access to your database as well. Hope that helped.

Mod FAQ
EasyMod
My Quick Reply MOD for phpBB2

zensuke

Post by zensuke » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:28 am

wow man, thanks! i was looking for a stable version of this MOD O_O

Thanks!

wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:38 pm

MOD Updated to version 1.0.4
See first post for Download Link
Eric

Schadenfreude

Post by Schadenfreude » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:43 pm

I am having an issue where, when clicking "submit," instead of submitting the post it takes me to the preview page. From there, I can click submit again and it goes through. Any idea of why this would be happening? Thanks for any info.

smitjel

Post by smitjel » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:32 pm

Did you install the mod by hand or with EasyMod? Also, are you using the lock/unlock addon? If so, did you install the actual lock/unlock mod?

And I'm guessing, in your case, the Preview button and the Submit button do the same thing? Have you tested the Preview button just to make sure you didn't swap the buttons somehow?

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:06 am

best quick reply mod ever!!!

prekill2

Post by prekill2 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:12 pm

ok I am using the quick_reply.php in my phpbb forum.

the problem is that after adding some new smilies the row gets too long.

The help that I need is:

How to move all the smilies in the row onto the squre that I marked in the image, or how can I cut the line where I marked and make it duble?

thanks for the helpers!

smitjel

Post by smitjel » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:37 pm

prekill2 wrote: How to move all the smilies in the row onto the squre that I marked in the image, or how can I cut the line where I marked and make it duble?

Is that even my mod? I noticed you posted the same thing in the Simple Quick Reply thread. :?

With that said.....the text input box is probably inside a <td> right? Well just put another <td> on that row and fill it with your smilies. If you know anything about html tables, it should be pretty straight forward.
Last edited by smitjel on Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smitjel

Post by smitjel » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:44 pm

yexusbeliever wrote: best quick reply mod ever!!!

Thanks! The other two quick reply mods in the database were either not enough or waaaaay too much. I like how this one fits nicely in the middle. :)

Schadenfreude

Post by Schadenfreude » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:54 pm

Did you install the mod by hand or with EasyMod? Also, are you using the lock/unlock addon? If so, did you install the actual lock/unlock mod?

Thanks for your response, smitjel...I did install the mod with EasyMod (one odd thing...after installing, it did not show up in my list of installed mods, although it is clearly present). I have also installed the lock/unlock mod.
And I'm guessing, in your case, the Preview button and the Submit button do the same thing? Have you tested the Preview button just to make sure you didn't swap the buttons somehow?

That's correct -- the Preview and Submit buttons do the same thing. I have tested Preview (after reading a few posts on the board regarding a similar problem) and confirmed that I didn't swap the buttons.

Searching through the board, I see that at least one other person has had the same issue with a different quick reply mod, and resolved it, but didn't reveal his solution. D'ohh!

smitjel

Post by smitjel » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:02 pm

That's exactly why I don't use EasyMod...it either works perfectly or not at all and you have no place to start debugging from except the very beginning. I wish I could help you. Are you not comfortable checking the code by hand?

Also, do you have other mods installed that might conflict with this one? It sounds like there might be a problem with the quick reply form or maybe some of the form fields. If it doesn't submit the reply as it should, I'd check out the code around the quick reply form.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”