My Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
12%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 83

smitjel

Re: [2.0.21] My Quick Reply

Post by smitjel »

Sam Spade wrote: Can't find the: ""0" alt="Reply to topic" align="middle" />" in posting_body.tpl

Look at viewtopic_body.tpl, not posting_body.tpl.
My Quick Reply MOD for phpBB2
Sam Spade

Post by Sam Spade »

smitjel wrote:
Sam Spade wrote: Can't find the: ""0" alt="Reply to topic" align="middle" />" in posting_body.tpl

The line: ""0" alt="Reply to topic" align="middle" />" isn't there, either.
smitjel

Post by smitjel »

Sam Spade wrote:
smitjel wrote:

The line: ""0" alt="Reply to topic" align="middle" />" isn't there, either.

It is there or else you wouldn't be seeing it. Go to the bottom of that file and review your edits around the buttons (Reply to Topic button). That's where you've messed up. You probably didn't close a double-quote or something like that.
Sam Spade

Post by Sam Spade »

Found, fixed, praise your soul.
Rocket_Man

Re: bug? this mod shuts off "Watch this topic for replies"

Post by Rocket_Man »

rmirasol wrote: we installed this mod on a 2.0.22 board using the subsilver template - people noticed that they were not getting email notices regularly when they clicked on "Watch this topic for replies"

when we tested, we found that My Quick Reply does not honor this setting - a watched thread is always set to not watched, when using the mod. normal posting, replying and editing works as expected - if a thread is being watched, it stays watched, and if the user is posting in a non-watched thread, it will be set to watched.

any ideas? thanks, Ron

I have the same experience on the 2.0.22. How do I fix this?
smitjel

Post by smitjel »

Rocket_Man wrote:
rmirasol wrote: we installed this mod on a 2.0.22 board using the subsilver template - people noticed that they were not getting email notices regularly when they clicked on "Watch this topic for replies"

when we tested, we found that My Quick Reply does not honor this setting - a watched thread is always set to not watched, when using the mod. normal posting, replying and editing works as expected - if a thread is being watched, it stays watched, and if the user is posting in a non-watched thread, it will be set to watched.

any ideas? thanks, Ron

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p2932097
Rocket_Man

Post by Rocket_Man »

smitjel wrote:
Rocket_Man wrote:

any ideas? thanks, Ron

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p2932097

Thank you. Also big thank you for being fast on answer :)
But this testboard behaves the same. Same "bahaviour" as at my board and as explained originally by rmirasol.

I tested that test board. Here is what I did :
1. Made "testuser". Logged in. Made a post the traditional way in http://www.devsmith.com/test/viewtopic.php?t=2
Made sure i was subscribed. Logged out.
2. Made "testuser2". Logged in. Made a post in the thread. The email to "testuser" worked perfectly.
3. Logged out. Logged in as "testuser". Made a quick reply in the thread. Logged out.
4. Logged in as "testuser2". Made a reply in the thread. NO email was made to "testuser".
Somewhere bestween action 2 and 4 it went wrong.

How do I solve?
smitjel

Post by smitjel »

Perform your same test WITHOUT using the mod (normal reply instead of quick reply) and see if you get different results. To do that you'd need to start a new thread, I think.
smitjel

Post by smitjel »

Also, rmirasol is explaining a much different problem than you are. You're simply saying you're not getting the second email. rmirasol is saying that the status watched/not watched is changing. Are you seeing that as well?
Rocket_Man

Post by Rocket_Man »

smitjel wrote: Perform your same test WITHOUT using the mod (normal reply instead of quick reply) and see if you get different results. To do that you'd need to start a new thread, I think.

Yes, there is a difference. Made the test exactly the same with new users and only difference that i dodn't use the MOD at all. This time testuser4 got the expected 2 emails. In first test he only got the 1.
Rocket_Man

Post by Rocket_Man »

smitjel wrote: Also, rmirasol is explaining a much different problem than you are. You're simply saying you're not getting the second email. rmirasol is saying that the status watched/not watched is changing. Are you seeing that as well?

I see the mark in "Subscribe to topic" is different. Isn't that the same problem? I am just mentionning the mails - they are the result - the mark means the same.

When posting WITHOUT the mod - then making another post in the same thread (with same user offcourse) sets the "Subscribe to topic" to marked.

When posting USING the mod - after that, making another post in the same thread - the "Subscribe to topic" is NOT marked automatically. And i think it should.
Last edited by Rocket_Man on Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smitjel

Post by smitjel »

Wait a minute, I'm an idiot. I may have messed up my test forum last night after I performed my own tests. I just realized that the notify-reply addon was only partially installed. I just corrected it and you should now see the subscribe checkbox in the quick reply. I wonder if that's going to make a difference?

But still, you're describing a different problem than rmirasol?
Rocket_Man

Post by Rocket_Man »

No, I think rmirasol and I experience the same. But let rmirasol decide ;)

Anyway, installing the "notify-reply addon" helped getting rid of the issue as the added "subscribe" box in the quick reply is marked/unmarked as expected - and it then works as expected :)

So I need to install the addon to my board? (I still think the MOD should work without addon, i.e. not by default shutting "subscribe" off and should honor the setting made by the user).
smitjel

Post by smitjel »

Rocket_Man wrote: No, I think rmirasol and I experience the same. But let rmirasol decide ;)

Anyway, installing the "notify-reply addon" helped getting rid of the issue as the added "subscribe" box in the quick reply is marked/unmarked as expected - and it then works as expected :)

So I need to install the addon to my board? (I still think the MOD should work without addon, i.e. not by default shutting "subscribe" off and should honor the setting made by the user).

Yeah, for now you need to install the addon. I need to do some more testing to make 100% sure that not using the addon doesn't break the board's notify feature. If it is in fact breaking the notify feature, I'll have to write this addon into the base mod and release an update.

Thanks for helping me test.
smitjel

Post by smitjel »

I can confirm that the mod breaks the notify status of a thread if you reply using the quick reply. Basically, if you don't install the notify-reply addon, the quick reply form doesn't include the "notify" checkbox that the normal posting form has, so the forum thinks you no longer want to watch the thread. The bug fix basically installs a hidden version of the notify-reply addon. So you can either install the notify-reply addon OR you can run this bug fix.

Here's the bug fix for people that aren't using the notify-reply addon. If you've already installed the notify-reply addon, you're good, don't do anything.

Thanks to Rocket_Man for the testing and also thanks to glitch_ for the code snippet that checks the user profile to see whether or not users have selected to "Always notify me of replies" (it will subscribe you to any thread you post in automatically now). This bug fix includes this functionality. Hopefully I can get an update out soon...if they're still taking mods?. My test forum is setup on a clean install of phpBB 2.0.22 with my quick reply mod installed with the bug fix outlined below. Feel free to test.

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
viewtopic.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
		$attach_sig = (( $userdata['session_logged_in'] ) ? $userdata['user_attachsig'] : 0)?' checked="checked"':'';

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#	
        if (($can_watch_topic && $is_watching_topic) || $userdata['user_notify'])
        {
            $notify_user = 'checked';
        }

#
#
			'MQR_ATTACH_SIG' => $lang['QR_Attach_Sig'],

#
#
			'MQR_NOTIFY_STATUS' => $notify_user,

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
templates/subSilver/viewtopic_body.tpl

#
#
			<br /><input type="checkbox" name="attach_sig" {switch_my_quick_reply.switch_member_functions.MQR_ATTACH_SIG_STATUS}

#
#
			<input type="hidden" name="notify" value="{switch_my_quick_reply.switch_member_functions.MQR_NOTIFY_STATUS}" />

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”