[2.0.19] Thank You Mod

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
26
62%
Very Good
8
19%
Good
2
5%
Fair
2
5%
Poor
4
10%
 
Total votes: 42

fzmaster
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:56 pm
Contact:

Post by fzmaster » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:53 pm

Barduck wrote:
Rotekoppen wrote:this mod is verry wrong
i even made a test forum and installed this thank you mod and it does not comply with a clean subsilver style mod free??? so plaese administrators and moderators. please stop this mod until the author has made it right..
belive me i know how to install a mod and know there is this mySQL install in this mod. but when it is all in place... all you get is a white page with some text on that it tells you that viewtopic.php has something wrong in it. and you fixs that one then you a new error in includes/constants.php then you fixs that one and you still get a new error in includes/functions.php and you fix that one to. and when it all seam to work without this thank you mod installed you maybe wanna make a new section in your forum, but you can not. do to some wrong in admin/admin_forums.php.

so plaese stop this mod for now
this mod is tested on phpBB 2.0.21



I'm pretty sure you have not installed it like it should. Why? Because I have it on 3 different boards and it works like a charm.
Only thing that could be done to make this mod even better is the possibility to thank every post instead of only the main topic.


:twisted: if you are true please give me your board URL that you installed it !!!
Engineering forums www.fzmaster.com

Barduck
Registered User
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:19 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Barduck » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:20 pm

Problem there is it's on a private forum so you can't get on it.
But I'm currently building a new one and it will be in it two so as soon I have it installed I'll post the url
AVE CAESAR, MORITURI TE SALUTANT

Kinfule
Registered User
Posts: 706
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:16 am
Location: Chile

Post by Kinfule » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:25 am

@Rotekoppen, you sure you tried on a clean install?

Anyway I have not receive any report about problems with the install in my support forums. But as you prefer, no one forces you to use my mod.
Last edited by Kinfule on Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Mods:
Show Voters || Moderate Own Topics || Thanks Mod || Tibian Char BBcode || Tibian Guild BBCode
Working on:
Ajax Shoutbox
I don't support by PM

Barduck
Registered User
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:19 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Barduck » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:44 am

http://www.barduck.be/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2

Here you, just finished the install. As you can see, it's fully working (and I used a fresh downloaded copy off the MOD). Never mind the languages, I've delete alle English languages fils for this forum because it's Dutch only.
AVE CAESAR, MORITURI TE SALUTANT

Barduck
Registered User
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:19 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Barduck » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:47 am

@Kinfule: I don't have any problem with you're MOD, it works everytime I install it. Only a changed version would please me that is one where you can thank the post instead of the topic. Any idea's?
AVE CAESAR, MORITURI TE SALUTANT

Kinfule
Registered User
Posts: 706
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:16 am
Location: Chile

Post by Kinfule » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:30 pm

Sorry, thats not the purpose of the mod.
I think there is another mod that allows to thank every post in de Mod Development forum.
My Mods:
Show Voters || Moderate Own Topics || Thanks Mod || Tibian Char BBcode || Tibian Guild BBCode
Working on:
Ajax Shoutbox
I don't support by PM

fzmaster
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:56 pm
Contact:

Post by fzmaster » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:19 pm

Barduck wrote: http://www.barduck.be/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2

Here you, just finished the install. As you can see, it's fully working (and I used a fresh downloaded copy off the MOD). Never mind the languages, I've delete alle English languages fils for this forum because it's Dutch only.

:evil: my dear
i dont see any thank mod in your url !!!!!!!
Engineering forums www.fzmaster.com

fzmaster
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:56 pm
Contact:

Post by fzmaster » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:22 pm

Kinfule wrote: Sorry, thats not the purpose of the mod.
I think there is another mod that allows to thank every post in de Mod Development forum.

please give me your board URL that you installed it !!!
Engineering forums www.fzmaster.com

Kinfule
Registered User
Posts: 706
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:16 am
Location: Chile

Post by Kinfule » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:34 pm

fzmaster wrote:
Kinfule wrote:Sorry, thats not the purpose of the mod.
I think there is another mod that allows to thank every post in de Mod Development forum.

please give me your board URL that you installed it !!!

I dont have any demo board up now.
PS: Why do you write with such big letters?
My Mods:
Show Voters || Moderate Own Topics || Thanks Mod || Tibian Char BBcode || Tibian Guild BBCode
Working on:
Ajax Shoutbox
I don't support by PM

Barduck
Registered User
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:19 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Barduck » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:29 am

I think they need to buy themselfs some glasses.
Create yourself an account and look at the topic.
You can nicely thank the topic.
And there allready is a tanks, because I created the topic from a guestaccount and thanked it with my own account.
Here the screenshot:

Image
Image
AVE CAESAR, MORITURI TE SALUTANT

fzmaster
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:56 pm
Contact:

Post by fzmaster » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:51 pm

Barduck wrote: I think they need to buy themselfs some glasses.
Create yourself an account and look at the topic.
You can nicely thank the topic.
And there allready is a tanks, because I created the topic from a guestaccount and thanked it with my own account.
Here the screenshot:

Image
Image


8O i'm sorry that you are false ! i dont see any thank botton !
you add a thank botton on your board with photoshop or a other pics editor software .
:roll: i'm wonderful that why you want to say that this mod is ok ???

you wrote :"I think they need to buy themselfs some glasses"
:evil: i dont know dutch !!!
Engineering forums www.fzmaster.com

Barduck
Registered User
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:19 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Barduck » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:53 am

I'm not false at all. Else I wouldn't be giving the url of this. It's not been photoshopped in any way. If you just take a second to register you'll be able to thank to because guest can't thank posts.

translation:
Dankbare leden: thankfull members
1 volgende gebruiker(s) zijn dankbaar voor deze post: 1 users is thankfull for this post

When you click on the 1 you can see who thank for it by name.


If you don't even take the time to register so you are able to thank then I wonder why I'm waisting my time on you to show that this MOD works. I have nothing to gain from it by saying it does when it wouldn't.
AVE CAESAR, MORITURI TE SALUTANT

fzmaster
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:56 pm
Contact:

Post by fzmaster » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:07 am

Barduck wrote: I'm not false at all. Else I wouldn't be giving the url of this. It's not been photoshopped in any way. If you just take a second to register you'll be able to thank to because guest can't thank posts.

translation:
Dankbare leden: thankfull members
1 volgende gebruiker(s) zijn dankbaar voor deze post: 1 users is thankfull for this post

When you click on the 1 you can see who thank for it by name.


If you don't even take the time to register so you are able to thank then I wonder why I'm waisting my time on you to show that this MOD works. I have nothing to gain from it by saying it does when it wouldn't.


ok ! thanks

i installed it on my web ,i cheked it line-by-line in my files & all of things were ok! but it don't work now .
i have installed several mod in my web , and all of them work very good .
do you have a other "thank mod" ?
Engineering forums www.fzmaster.com

Barduck
Registered User
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:19 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Barduck » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:32 pm

Why? I downloaded a fresh one from the topic start link and everything worked out just fine. It should for you to. just take care for the after and before parts, mess one off those up and it may go wrong.
Also check for abnormal "enters" (an enter where there should not be one because the line isn'nt finished yet)
AVE CAESAR, MORITURI TE SALUTANT

Barduck
Registered User
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:19 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Barduck » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:18 pm

I've seen you've tested it but didn'nt see the thank you button. But you did it the wrong way I guess. You placed a topic with your account and tried to thank for it as a guest. But guests can't thank (they don't get to see the thank button) and you can't thank for your own topic. Should you have done it the other way around (make topic as guest and thank for it with your account you would see the thank button and be able to use it
AVE CAESAR, MORITURI TE SALUTANT

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”