[2.0.19] Youtube Video BBCode

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
12%
Good
11%
Fair
3%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 195

3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Re: [2.0.19] Youtube Video BBCode

Post by 3Di »

just open it with a text editor
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
phpaaa

Post by phpaaa »

my includes/bbcode.php file don't have any lines with "$EMBB_widths" or even the word "EMBB"??????

my bb2 version is 2.0.21. and i installed Flash and Textual Confirmation MOD ....

for the other 3 files, i can find and replace all the MOD lines as u said .

:cry:
dellsystem
Former Team Member
Name: Wendy

Post by dellsystem »

phpaaa wrote:my includes/bbcode.php file don't have any lines with "$EMBB_widths" or even the word "EMBB"??????

my bb2 version is 2.0.21. and i installed Flash and Textual Confirmation MOD ....

for the other 3 files, i can find and replace all the MOD lines as u said .

:cry:
Install Multiple BBCode MOD first http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=145513

Upgrading to 2.0.23 would be a good idea, although you should note that 2.0x will be retired in a few months.
Former moderator and website team member | My MODs, and more (GitHub)
phpaaa

Post by phpaaa »

i tried to install Multiple BBCode MOD but since i've installed "Flash" MOD ....

when i came to edit the file post_body.tpl , i encounter many problems .... well such as i can't find the lines .... with code

<select name="addbbcodefontcolor" onChange="bbfontstyle('[color=' + this.form.addbbcodefontcolor.options[this.form.addbbcodefontcolor.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/color]')" onMouseOver="helpline('s')">

addbbcode20, 18 seems already be used by my "flash MOD" line ....

should i PM u the program file ? I just want the YouTube posting function, any simplier way to do that ... now the problem seem to be getting more ad more complicated ...

YES, i'm thinking of using phpbb3, i know it's much more powerful ... but i also know the SQL transfer process (from bb2 to bb3) is VERY VERY difficult ...
dellsystem
Former Team Member

Post by dellsystem »

Since you're thinking about moving to v3 then I would suggest trying it. It'll be much easier to add custom BBCodes for that version (see the topic in the 3.0x support forums for more info on that).

The conversion is not that difficult. It's not converting so much as copying data to new tables. Give it a try! You can do it offline if you think you might get timeout errors. See these articles for some more information: http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/offline-conversions/ and http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1213555

If you have problems with conversion please do post in the 3.0 support forums :)
phpaaa

Post by phpaaa »

i would try, but before could anybody tell me how to finish my Youtube MOD on bb2 first ... could i nelect the MultiBBCode MOD and install the YouTube MOD only ?
phpaaa

Post by phpaaa »

nobody can HELP me ? :cry:
phpaaa

Post by phpaaa »

anyBODY here ....
dellsystem
Former Team Member

Post by dellsystem »

You can't "neglect" the Multiple BBcode MOD if you want this one.
Get rid of the flash MOD and install Multiple BBCode & Youtube BBCode, or, if no one has the time to do it for you, try digging through the code yourself to make them compatible. Or, as I suggested, you can convert to 3.0 and skip the problem entirely.
MarkIV

Re: Re:

Post by MarkIV »

MarkIV wrote:
HK_13 wrote:Would it be in any way possible to automatically have the title of the YouTube video included? Either above or below the video-frame. I've noticed that the title on YouTube pages has a certain id: id="video_title". Would this help?
Hi, I'm looking for this too! Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!!
Still looking for this... :( Apparently the id has been changed to "watch-vid-title". I also found out here that getVideoTitle () will get the title. This page seems helpful too, but I don't have the knowledge or skill to make this happen on my forum.. Any help is very much appreciated!
pattyjean78

Post by pattyjean78 »

I just wanted to say thank you for this mod. It installed perfect the first time and is working great! Thanks! :D
AV : ticklishdesigns - Site is gone
osmorphyus

Post by osmorphyus »

hi,

im trying to post a youtube video in my Welcome Message for the Portal Mod (1.0.2) and the code does not seem to parse.

is this command not compatible with the portal mod? all it does is print the actual code i am entering:

as well, is ning.com video embedding supported yet?
8pt~bowhunter

Post by 8pt~bowhunter »

Will this work for version 3.0.4 of phpbb?

Also, where would I download this file?

Thanks!
Mike
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

phpBB2 mods will NOT work with phpBB3. The download link is in the first post of this topic if you want it for phpBB2.

For phpBB3 you need to browse through this topic.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”