[2.0.19] Youtube Video BBCode

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
12%
Good
11%
Fair
3%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 195

Thumper.

Post by Thumper. »

will this work for phpBB 2.0.22?

as i really want to install this...it looks amazing :D

OUTLAWRIDAZ

Post by OUTLAWRIDAZ »

doesn't work for me. got the bb code button but it wont embed the video.

batman129

Post by batman129 »

I believe I read somewhere that you must have the Multiple BBCode MOD in order for this MOD to work... can someone confirm or deny this?

Helitown

Post by Helitown »

I installed it on my forum and it is working great but there is a link under the video to Youtube under the video like here http://www.helitown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=901

I might be missing something but is there any way to remove that link or it has to be there? Thanks for the mod - it is a great mod!

minimumrage

Post by minimumrage »

Could this MOD be considered illegal, since you are essentially showing youtubes content on your site without permission. I love the MOD, I am just concerend about liability.

batman129

Post by batman129 »

minimumrage wrote: Could this MOD be considered illegal, since you are essentially showing youtubes content on your site without permission. I love the MOD, I am just concerend about liability.

If you own the content (i.e., home videos), then liability shouldn't be an issue, right?

minimumrage

Post by minimumrage »

So the answer is yes - I mean who is going to only show their home videos that they uploaded to Youtube?

Helitown

Post by Helitown »

That is going to be very sticky to talk about but I assume that if the video is yours and you only use it for personal use, it shouldn't be an issue.

"You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, ordistribution of User Submissions of third parties obtained through the Website for any commercial purposes. If you download or print a copy of the Content for personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. "

batman129

Post by batman129 »

batman129 wrote: I believe I read somewhere that you must have the Multiple BBCode MOD in order for this MOD to work... can someone confirm or deny this?

I'd still like an answer to this, if anyone knows?

Shadow503

Post by Shadow503 »

minimumrage wrote: So the answer is yes - I mean who is going to only show their home videos that they uploaded to Youtube?

No, click the embed link on youtube. They give you the code to do this. It is in no way illegal, unless of course the video itself is.

alez

Post by alez »

ok i have this problem.,.. i have the mod running perfect on two templates... now ive installed a new template, ive changed the posting_body.tpl and bbcode.tpl from the new template. Now i can see the videos, BUT when i want to write a new post, i cant see the youtube button!
any clue? thanxs.

alez

Post by alez »

fix it, im having troubles with the multi bbcode.

NICKEL BELT

Post by NICKEL BELT »

OUTLAWRIDAZ wrote: doesn't work for me. got the bb code button but it wont embed the video.

Same for me - I get the bb code button with link but will not embed the video.

Steve

penelope_b

Post by penelope_b »

This stopped working a day or two ago. Youtube must have changed their offsite linking policy?

sageev

i can not find $EMBB_widths=array(" plz help

Post by sageev »

i hav tried to installed that youtube mod..but, i cna not find this code in to my bbcode.php file...

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------
#
$EMBB_widths = array(''

any ideaaa

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”