[2.0.19] Mass Delete Posts (From Topic)

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
50%
Very Good
25%
Good
No votes
Fair
No votes
Poor
25%

Total votes: 8

b-tone

Post by b-tone »

Hello, this is great mod, I'm also using Cash MOD and then I try to delete some posts it works great, but I also need that this script decrease users cash/points after deleting their posts. Do You have any suggestions about that?

Alex Zuyev

delete checkbox doesn't work

Post by Alex Zuyev »

Hallo.
When I check several messages with "a delete checkbox" and press Image button I think that will immediately pure selected messages. However it is not. This action openes extra page where I have to check all the messages once again. It is not fair! :cry:

Best wishes,
Alex

Roks

Post by Roks »

Sounds very cool, I will like to try it out.

KMac

Post by KMac »

eviL<3 wrote: GaryW: This is already a standard feature of phpBB. In Viewforum, simply scroll to the bottom of the page, and find the text "You can Moderate this Forum", or whatever it says. Simply click on that text ;)

I found that...thanks!

However it does not allow for multiple post delete. Just multiple topic delete which will of course delete all the topics....unless I'm missing something.

I click on a topic from that screen and I can split posts into a new topic but that's it.

Roks

Post by Roks »

Yeh, the Moderation Panel does only allow to Moderate Topics and not Posts.

stevefree

Mass delete post (s) from spam bot

Post by stevefree »

Great Mod. It's working great.

My problem however is that I have a large forum with several thousand posts. Unfortunatly I messed up my security one day (scripting) and I turned all my forums to public. THe next week I looked and a few bots had posted reply's to each of my topics.

So, this will work however I would have to manually visit each thread and delete all the replies.

Is there a tool which will let me delete all posts from an IP or mass delete based on subject?

Thanks

-SteveFree

Liga

are the bugs fixed?

Post by Liga »

@ Xpert
@ mario

are the bugs that mario reported fixed??
cause i wanna use this mod also
looks great

Bram

comicart.gr

Post by comicart.gr »

hello from Greece dear friends,

a small question....
there is a user in my forum who asked for deleting all his posts in the forum.
I know ... it sounds crazy, but do you know any mod which deletes ALL the posts of a SPECIFIC user ?

I run 2.0.19

thanks in advance
Markos Theodorakis

Tefal

Re: are the bugs fixed?

Post by Tefal »

Liga wrote: @ Xpert
@ mario

are the bugs that mario reported fixed??
cause i wanna use this mod also
looks great

Bram

You may try to install this mod of mine (download here)

Beware this is a pre-alpha so the MOD is not in phpbb standard.

The mod will remove the yellow card's form and set all the mod by Niels to work with GET method instead of POST method.
It also sets a new link above the user's avatar to let moderators and administrators decide wether warnings should be visible to other users or not.
This was implemented to avoid wars among users blaming each others for warnings received.

Run this SQL to make this work or the MOD will cause error

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_show_warnings TINYINT(1) DEFAULT 0;
Furthermore, the MOD also disables blu cards because I have another mod to do post reporting function.
So, if you wish to retain blu card functionality, please ignore the blu card removal lines of the MOD.

I've tested this only on my testing board and it was going to be online only the next week, so, please, let me know if you have any trouble with it.

maax

Post by maax »

pilotmike wrote: This looks like a winner.

Does anyone know if a similar one exists for USERS?

I have over 400 spam users that have registered to post spam, and there really is no good way to delete many users in the standard release.

This really needs to make it in their too. I'll write one if I have to, but right now, I have 400+ users to remove. I may ust do it through SQL directly, but I'd like to also remove any posts by those users.

havent tested, but all points to
this mod is useless ... for that.
---------------------------------------
personaly i do as folows and doesn´t mind if there are simply 10 posts to delete or 1 milion...
Its quite simple to delete all those messages it only take 5 minutes or so after the tools are instaled

All of this should be done considering this points:

- You must have phpbb 2 updated
- With DB maintenance fix/repair any error prior to deleting users
- you will erase topics/posts which contain the word "DELETED" (that isnt a problem for me, because all the language in my forum is portuguese)

1º Add this toolkit - its just a file... beter to rename it after installed
http://starfoxtj.no-ip.com/phpbb/toolkit/

2º Install this to the phpbb CP: http://phpbbhacks.com/download/4372

now delete them all:

a)
Now with the toolkit delete all the users .. check for suspicions usernames and email and select them... then check the clear posts and validate typing delete

now all those posts are from user DELETED which is a visitor user.

b)
Go to php my admin and search for DELETED word in the forum
and delete all entrys found.

c)
Login as admin to the forum and go to admin CP. Select DM maintenance and select "Synchronize forums and topics" and you´r all done.
(if you dont do this last step you will have empty recent posters in forum topics list and problems will soon appear, as topics simply desapear :D. to avoid this syncronize them)

Krank

Post by Krank »

i love the MOD, works great, but you should really put a confirmation page.
"are you sure you want to delete the posts selected?" or something like that

ThrashInc

Post by ThrashInc »

Hey, quickly; would this mod work/fix this problem I have when I try to moderate forums?
403 Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

alez

Post by alez »

love this mod, thanxs!

suggestion: Users can see the "delete post" button, it will be better if they cant;

Krank

Post by Krank »

how can i make it be logged with the Log Actions MOD?

Fayo

Re: [2.0.19] Mass Delete Posts (From Topic)

Post by Fayo »

It doesn't work for me. Perhaps it is because of some other MODs I have, like split & merge. When I click on a topic name in modcp I am (as before), transferred to "mode=split", and I can't see anything about deleting there. No buttons anywhere else anyway, neither. As if I didn't spend my time on doing it all.

Or maybe it's just that I'm tired and can't see it.

Anyway, I'm uninstalling it, although I believe something like this is still v. necessary :cry:

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”