[Tool] phpBB 2.0.19 to phpBB 2.0.20 Changes

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
36%
Very Good
6%
Good
15%
Fair
6%
Poor
36%

Total votes: 33

tones_ie

Post by tones_ie »

Hi guys...can i get verfication if this bit is intentional... IT basically has 2 "Finds" in a row...

Find line 514..but dosent say to do anything with it ? then goes on to another Find but this has a replace command...

Code: Select all

#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------- 
# 
admin/admin_db_utilities.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Line 497
		unset($schema_vals);
		unset($schema_fields);
		unset($schema_insert);

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------
#
		$schema_vals = '';
		$schema_fields = '';
		$schema_insert = '';

#
# Line 514
				$strEmpty = "";
				$strVal = addslashes($strVal);
			}
			elseif (eregi("date|timestamp", $aryType[$i]))
			{

#
# Line 519
				if ($empty($strVal))

#
#
				if (empty($strVal))

cheers guys
master2004134

Post by master2004134 »

hmmmm, I think that was unintentional.....

I did the update using EasyMod without any problems, so there are no errors in the script. Maybe you have an older version.....
tones_ie

Post by tones_ie »

those instructions i just grabbed not 2 hours ago...so i dunno.. :?
da_badtz_one

Post by da_badtz_one »

@tones_ie: Those are intensional and are there for a purpose as you will find throughout the whole upgrade mod. It's to let you find the simple things are written throughout the script and the update only wants a specific part of it to be found not the first.

Just follow those steps and do the two finds.

I've a heavily modded forum with over a hundred or so mods, I just updated it an hour ago and things are working fine :)
Timtam1234

Post by Timtam1234 »

What do I do with the update_to_latest.php file?

I went to it and I got this error
Warning: main(./../extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/forum/admin/mods/phpbb-2.0.19_to_2.0.20/install/update_to_latest.php on line 46

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/forum/admin/mods/phpbb-2.0.19_to_2.0.20/install/update_to_latest.php on line 46

Warning: main(./../config.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/forum/admin/mods/phpbb-2.0.19_to_2.0.20/install/update_to_latest.php on line 47

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../config.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/forum/admin/mods/phpbb-2.0.19_to_2.0.20/install/update_to_latest.php on line 47
Please read: INSTALL.html before attempting to update.

Did I do something wrong?
I used Easymod.
Seraphic

Post by Seraphic »

Timtam1234 wrote: What do I do with the update_to_latest.php file?

Warning: main(./../extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/forum/admin/mods/phpbb-2.0.19_to_2.0.20/install/update_to_latest.php on line 46

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/forum/admin/mods/phpbb-2.0.19_to_2.0.20/install/update_to_latest.php on line 46

Warning: main(./../config.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/forum/admin/mods/phpbb-2.0.19_to_2.0.20/install/update_to_latest.php on line 47

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../config.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/forum/admin/mods/phpbb-2.0.19_to_2.0.20/install/update_to_latest.php on line 47

I used Easymod.

I think you need to move the config file back into your forum folder. And then change back the location in the common.php file.
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

Timtam1234 wrote: What do I do with the update_to_latest.php file?

I used Easymod.

Your install folder is in thewrong place. Copy the 'install' folder into your root phpbb2 folder (so that it is a sister right next to the admin folder, the language folder, etc.) and then navigate with your browser to [whatever your forum address is]/install/update_to_latest.php
carloclaessen

Post by carloclaessen »

asinshesq wrote: The following change in includes/functions_post.php kills the ability to recognize named quotes (quotes in the format [qoute="asinshesq"]...) on my board:

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------- 
# 
includes/functions_post.php

#
# Line 44
		$allowed_html_tags = split(',', $board_config['allow_html_tags']);

$end_html = 0;
		$start_html = 1;
		$tmp_message = '';
		$message = ' ' . $message . ' ';

while ($start_html = strpos($message, '<', $start_html))
		{
			$tmp_message .= preg_replace($html_entities_match, $html_entities_replace, substr($message, $end_html + 1, ($start_html - $end_html - 1)));

if ($end_html = strpos($message, '>', $start_html))
			{
				$length = $end_html - $start_html + 1;
				$hold_string = substr($message, $start_html, $length);

if (($unclosed_open = strrpos(' ' . $hold_string, '<')) != 1)
				{
					$tmp_message .= preg_replace($html_entities_match, $html_entities_replace, substr($hold_string, 0, $unclosed_open - 1));
					$hold_string = substr($hold_string, $unclosed_open - 1);
				}

$tagallowed = false;
				for ($i = 0; $i < sizeof($allowed_html_tags); $i++)
				{
					$match_tag = trim($allowed_html_tags[$i]);
					if (preg_match('#^<\/?' . $match_tag . '[> ]#i', $hold_string))
					{
						$tagallowed = (preg_match('#^<\/?' . $match_tag . ' .*?(style[\t ]*?=|on[\w]+[\t ]*?=)#i', $hold_string)) ? false : true;
					}
				}

$tmp_message .= ($length && !$tagallowed) ? preg_replace($html_entities_match, $html_entities_replace, $hold_string) : $hold_string;

$start_html += $length;
			}
			else
			{
				$tmp_message .= preg_replace($html_entities_match, $html_entities_replace, substr($message, $start_html, strlen($message)));

$start_html = strlen($message);
				$end_html = $start_html;
			}
		}

if (!$end_html || ($end_html != strlen($message) && $tmp_message != ''))
		{
			$tmp_message .= preg_replace($html_entities_match, $html_entities_replace, substr($message, $end_html + 1));
		}

$message = ($tmp_message != '') ? trim($tmp_message) : trim($message);

#
#
		// If HTML is on, we try to make it safe
		// This approach is quite agressive and anything that does not look like a valid tag
		// is going to get converted to HTML entities
		$message = stripslashes($message);
		$html_match = '#<[^\w<]*(\w+)((?:"[^"]*"|\'[^\']*\'|[^<>\'"])+)?>#';
		$matches = array();

$message_split = preg_split($html_match, $message);
		preg_match_all($html_match, $message, $matches);

$message = '';

foreach ($message_split as $part)
		{
			$tag = array(array_shift($matches[0]), array_shift($matches[1]), array_shift($matches[2]));
			$message .= htmlspecialchars($part) . clean_html($tag);
		}

$message = addslashes($message);
When I leave that change out all is fine. This is probably a problem on my end (I have my board very heavily modded and have fooled around with html before). I'll try to track this down over the weekend and report back (and I'll test it on a plain vaniall phpbb2.0.19 upgrade to 2.0.20 to see whether all is fine there) but in the meantime I figured I'd mention it here in case anyone else runs into this problem. (And actually, I would appreciate it if anyone who has this problem replies to this post so I can confirm it's not solely my setup.)

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 39#2080839
Sl@va

Post by Sl@va »

Hi,now i done to edit admin files.
now when i enter to the admin panel i see this error::::

Parse error: parse error in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/h/a/t/*****/htdocs/Forum/admin/admin_ranks.php on line 279

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/members/free/tripod/uk/h/a/t/*****/htdocs/Forum/admin/admin_ranks.php:279) in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/h/a/t/*****/htdocs/Forum/admin/page_header_admin.php on line 159

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/members/free/tripod/uk/h/a/t/*****htdocs/Forum/admin/admin_ranks.php:279) in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/h/a/t/*****/htdocs/Forum/admin/page_header_admin.php on line 161

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/members/free/tripod/uk/h/a/t/*****/htdocs/Forum/admin/admin_ranks.php:279) in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/h/a/t/*****/htdocs/Forum/admin/page_header_admin.php on line 162
thanks for help.

EDIT::::

I Fix It.
Last edited by Sl@va on Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timtam1234

I Think it is going.

Post by Timtam1234 »

Updating database schema

Progress :: . Done
Result :: No errors
Updating data

Progress :: . . . .
Updating version and optimizing tables

Progress :: . . Done
Result :: No errors
Update completed

Dont you love that? Thanks everyone that helped.

Just one more thing, and mods if this is bad, just delete this post, this is a little off topic, but on the bottom of the configuration, there is no submit button. Have I edited a file that has made this bad? I have installed a mod that makes global announcements, but now the buttons have gone? Can I edit a file to make the buttons come back?

Thanks,
Timtam.

EDIT: SL@VA, I think there is something wrong with the lines. As in, if it says Unexpected parse in functions_post.php on line 161, it usually means theres something wrong with the coding on that line. But dont listen to me, listen to someone who knows something about PHP coding, I am just talking from experience from mods gone wrong.
liquiddanno

Error I get when I try to login

Post by liquiddanno »

General Error

Error in obtaining userdata

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_login_tries' in 'field list'

SELECT user_id, username, user_password, user_active, user_level, user_login_tries, user_last_login_try FROM phpbb_users WHERE username = 'waterboy'

Line : 66
File : login.php

I used EasyMod. I was upgrading from phpBB 2.0.18 to 2.0.20. Can some one point me in the right dirrection?
fazaljatoi
I've Been Banned!

Post by fazaljatoi »

i upgrade successfuly 2.0.19 to 2.0.20 with easy mod

thanks
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Re: Error I get when I try to login

Post by asinshesq »

liquiddanno wrote:
General Error

Error in obtaining userdata

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_login_tries' in 'field list'

SELECT user_id, username, user_password, user_active, user_level, user_login_tries, user_last_login_try FROM phpbb_users WHERE username = 'waterboy'

Line : 66
File : login.php

I used EasyMod. I was upgrading from phpBB 2.0.18 to 2.0.20. Can some one point me in the right dirrection?

So you used easymod in two steps, first to upgrade from 2.0.18 to 2.0.19 and then to upgrade from 2.0.19 to 2.0.20, correct? If so, you're pretty much done. but you forgot to run the script that updates the database for changes made in 2.0.19 and 2.0.20. To do that, copy the 'install' folder that comes with the 2.0.20 download and paste it into your root phpbb2 folder (so that it appears in the same place that the admin, langauge, includes, etc. folders do. Then use your browser to navigate to [your usual forum url]/install/update_to_latest.php

That should update your database and tell you it has done so. Once you do that, you need to delete the install folder that you had pasted into the root phpbb2 folder or else phpbb2 won't let you sign on.

That's all there is to it...come back here if you have problems.
davids2004

Post by davids2004 »

updated with easy mod no problems. I had a problem at first with my mods but I just restored the old files and removed my mods and it all worked.
gansert

Post by gansert »

worked

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”