[2.0.20] UploadPic

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
69%
Very Good
10%
Good
7%
Fair
5%
Poor
10%

Total votes: 83

Methyus

Post by Methyus » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:17 am

All of the files it says to edit are from the SubSilver skin. This may be a dumb question, but can't this mod be incorporated into custom designs/skins?

- Aedryan

mljackson

Post by mljackson » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:45 pm

I simply would like to know if there were any additional updates for this mod before I install it..

Thanks

The Suite

Post by The Suite » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:54 pm

Hi all,

I just installed this MOD and after all the file file changes were made I tried to run the install/install_uploadpic.php file and got this error

Code: Select all

The directory containing /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/sitename/httpdocs/forum/phpBB2/install/install_uploadpic.php cannot be world writable. 
What did I miss?

Please advice.
Much appreciloved,

The Suite
Thank you :-)
The IT Security Information Center

danger89
Name: Melroy van den Berg

Post by danger89 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:30 pm

http://212.238.159.185/lang_main.php_

For the Dutch translation!

The Suite

Post by The Suite » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:49 pm

How do I move the Upload Pic to the left side of the post screen. I don't like having it all the way to the right side of the post screen.

Any advise would be appreciloved.
Much appreciloved,

The Suite
Thank you :-)
The IT Security Information Center

tchristopher02

Post by tchristopher02 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:41 pm

edit: problem fixed.

8)

x-minds

SAVE Button

Post by x-minds » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:56 pm

Hello, I'm having problems with this MOD, te upload pic works fine but when I logg in te admin pannel then the SAVE button dont work, I recive a blanck page. Then the upload pic in the forum stop working and I need to open a new browser window to upload a picture successfully.
Please HEEELP!!!

Roks

Post by Roks » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:27 pm

I had been using ImageShack MOD, but this one has quite alot of features. Thanks for the MOD.

KMac

Post by KMac » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:01 pm

No problems with the install and have been using it for a couple of weeks

...however I just realized that by default my members cannot upload pics and I have to go into their profile and change their upload permission from no to yes.....How do I set this to yes by default when someone signs up...it will be a pain to change it for everyone.

I set the configuration permissions in the ACP from 0 to -1 posts to upload pics but it had no effect....

I went into Uploadpic>>userlist and set the permissions box to all/none...and although it sets everyone currently a member to be able to upload, it has no effect on any registrations after it is set.

Thanks for any assistance.

Kevin

FIXED:To set the the standard-permission for picture-upload to "yes", change the
file install_uploadpic.php BEFORE executing it. Change line:
$sql[] = 'ALTER TABLE ' . USERS_TABLE . ' ADD user_allow_uploadpic TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0';
to:
$sql[] = 'ALTER TABLE ' . USERS_TABLE . ' ADD user_allow_uploadpic TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 1';

Since I had already installed the files I had to go into PhpMyadmin to change it.
This was in the readme file that came with the mod, and I know why no one responded to my question.
In my defense, most readme files I read only contain information about the author (website, etc), so I stopped reading them. :oops:
Last edited by KMac on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

macrosky

Post by macrosky » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:29 pm

I installed the MOD using easy mod, and then follow the instruction to run the install_uploadpic.php, but got this message

"..........install/install_uploadpic.php cannot be world writable."

What does this mean?

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:58 pm

Hi. I just installed this mod and everything seemed to go perfectly, and now I'm getting a message that says

Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted

I deleted the install directory, but I cannot for the life of me find a contrib directory anywhere, so now the whole board is down.

Any tips?

Thanks so much.

EDIT:

I got it...they're were two install directories hiding in there. Thanks anyway : )
Last edited by Cammie on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:28 am

edit: figured it out

macrosky

Post by macrosky » Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:54 am

Can anyone help me with this? When I run the file "..install/install_uploadpic.phpinstall_uploadpic.php", I always got this message.

"..........install/install_uploadpic.php cannot be world writable."

I tryied to figure it our the whole night, but still no clue at all.

What does this mean? :(

wgadm

Post by wgadm » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:47 pm

Please help!... :(

Installed UploadPic v1.3.2 on a fresh install of phpBB 2.0.21, followed the instructions (long-ish but clear), and now I get a number of errors in the admin panel:

UploadPic: "Un error occured"
"UploadPic config" and "UploadPic groups" seem to work (well, they display a page of settings)
UploadPic recent: "Un error occured"
UploadPic users:An Error Occurred
DEBUG MODE
SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_allow_uploadpic' in 'field list'
SELECT user_id, username, user_allow_uploadpic FROM phpbb_XYZforumusers WHERE user_id > 0 ORDER BY LEFT(username,1), user_allow_uploadpic DESC, username
Line : 68
File : admin_uploadpic_users.php

(Which reads "message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, '', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql); )"

According to the FAQ, the "SQL Error : 1054" means I didn't execute the SQL-query from the UploadPic-docfile. Which UploadPic-docfile?
The FAQ also states that, starting with UploadPic v1.1.2 this task will be executed by the installscript, which implies I don't have to do it myself, so I guess something went very wrong.

BTW, yes, I did run install/install_uploadpic.php. I can't code to save my life, but I can follow instructions... :mrgreen:
I even changed the "ADD user_allow_uploadpic TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0';" line to read 1, but I really don't think it could be the cause.

--Edited to add:

Ok, it worked at last!! Actually the install_uploadpic.php had not run. I got redirected back to the login, and thought it was normal. Trying to launch the script a dozen more times, i eventually managed to trigger it, and it did make the changes it was supposed to. It didn't manage to create the "userpix" directory, but that's easy to make yourself.

Thanks anyway. Hope this will help anyone else having a similar problem:
Don't take it for granted that the install_uploadpic.php script did run, unless it starts asking questions and display a confirmation of all actions. Apparently you have to be logged in as forum admin for it to work?
Anyway, now everything is shipshape. :D

Francis33

Post by Francis33 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:11 am

This is a great job !!!I just did it on my forum which runs the latest phpbb version.
I made the MOD manually, meaning without easymod and the only issue was with the last step, the patch of the database with the install_uploadpic.php.
It is not clearly explain how to do it. So I went trhough this forum (about 20 pages to read) but I found the tip.
Connect to your forum in admin mode and run the install_uploadpic.php, then it worked.
Thank you for this MOD, it is really fantastic job.
Francis the Frenchy

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”