[2.0.20] UploadPic

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
69%
Very Good
10%
Good
7%
Fair
5%
Poor
10%

Total votes: 83

sbourdon

Re: [2.0.20] UploadPic

Post by sbourdon » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:51 pm

From the official FAQ, available here: http://www.beehave.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=574
II. 10.
I'd like to change the default-value for the upload-permission after I installed UploadPic.

This change has to be done in the database directly - the following code will set the default to "yes" (permission for all new users):
Code:
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` CHANGE `user_allow_uploadpic` `user_allow_uploadpic` TINYINT( 4 ) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL

this code sets the default-value to "no":
Code:
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` CHANGE `user_allow_uploadpic` `user_allow_uploadpic` TINYINT( 4 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL

The best way to perform this change is phpMyAdmin (documentation here).
(Of course, you'll have to change "phpbb_" to your table-prefix if you set it to something else when you installed phpBB.)
Hope this helps! ;)

kamalr

How to get the UploadPic Link in the reply page

Post by kamalr » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:17 pm

I am new to phpbb, When a user creates a new subject or responds, there isn't an option to upload a picture, I have seen a lot of forums with this feature, but I am wondering what i need to do to add it. Than k you

dpaanlka

Post by dpaanlka » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:56 am

I've modified the mod a little bit, so that instead of having

Code: Select all

[img]http://the/full/path/to/the/image.jpg[/img]
my forum only allows for

[img]image.jpg[/img]
I modified the bbCode so that the [img] tag automatically inserts the rest of the path - this way people can only insert images uploaded to my server with UploadPic, if they try anything else, they get an image not found placeholder thanks to some .htaccess stuff...

In the admin control panel, I noticed that to figure out whether or not a picture is "in use" it simply searches for the full path of the image anywhere in the forum. My modifications broke the "in use" feature because instead of the full path, posts only have the filename. How might I modify this to only search for the file name?
phpBB user and evangelist since 2005.
My boards: Info-Mac | System 7 Today

mitchell65

Post by mitchell65 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:39 am

I have been using the Upload Pics Mod very successfully for some time. The userpix folder is now at userpix2 but suddenly none of the users can upload images. After hitting the Send button the image appears to load, the Done word appears at the bottom of the upload window but no image appears in the Upload window. The files I have been testing are very small only 200px wide and 40kb file size. The userpix2 folder is at 14.8 mg and the original userpix folder is 20mg. No other mods or edits have been done to the Forum so I am at a loss. Any ideas please. I'm thinking that I might need to re-install the mod but cannot see what is wrong at the moment
mitchell65
Silver Surfers Rule!

mitchell65

Post by mitchell65 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:50 pm

I have tried creating a new userpix folder and editing the appropriate MySQL file to suti but |I can't even upload to an empty folder. It is chmodded to 777 BTW
mitchell65
Silver Surfers Rule!

rehan

Post by rehan » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:35 pm

i tried to install this mod with EZ MOD. but it gives this error

Critical Error

Could not perform improperly formed COPY command.
copy install/*.* to install/*.*
MOD script line #199 :: FAQ :: Report

Christeh

Post by Christeh » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Are there more experiences installing it with EasyMod? Im new at mods and dont dare to install it manually.

Is it save to install v.1_3_4 on phpbb 2.0.22????

Christeh

Post by Christeh » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:28 pm

Hi.

I installed with EasyMod and the following shows up:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_allow_uploadpic TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

Error: Duplicate column name 'user_allow_uploadpic'
UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_allow_uploadpic = 1 WHERE user_level = 1;

Successful
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_allowed','image/jpg|image/jpeg|image/pjpeg|image/gif|image/png|image/x-png|image/x-citrix-pjpeg');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_allowed' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_allowguest','0');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_allowguest' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_allowpm','1');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_allowpm' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_delete','1');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_delete' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_disabled','0');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_disabled' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_forcepath','');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_forcepath' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_gallery','1');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_gallery' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_gallerysize','250');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_gallerysize' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_jpgqual','80');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_jpgqual' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_lrmod','0');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_lrmod' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_maxdisx','400');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_maxdisx' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_maxdisy','400');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_maxdisy' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_maxpicx','550');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_maxpicx' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_maxpicy','300');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_maxpicy' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_maxpmdays','30');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_maxpmdays' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_maxsize','75');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_maxsize' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_minimum','15');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_minimum' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_minposts','0');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_minposts' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_multiple','1');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_multiple' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_noresize','0');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_noresize' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_numlatest','10');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_numlatest' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_picdir','/foro/userpix/');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_picdir' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_showlink','0');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_showlink' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_uniqfn','1');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_uniqfn' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_vbbcode','0');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_vbbcode' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_watermark','0');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_watermark' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_wmpicture','images/up_watermark.png');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_wmpicture' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_wmpicx','150');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_wmpicx' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_wmpicy','150');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_wmpicy' for key 1
INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name,config_value) VALUES('uploadpic_wmposition','6');

Error: Duplicate entry 'uploadpic_wmposition' for key 1

I dont know nothing of php and its logistic, but it says DUPLICATE, so I checked on the directories and there are the same files 2 times: for example, the admin_uploadpic_config.php is inside the UploadPic directory and is also at the main forum directory (I used EasyMod).

Could be that? That is two times in 2 diff. places? Which I must delete?

Anyways, the forum is working, along with an "Upload Picture" button, but Im wondering if Im missing someting. Can the users have their own gallery, where other users may see the pictures?

*Everything is working fine, sorry for the space.
Last edited by Christeh on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ludmil

Post by ludmil » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:45 pm

Please, tell me how can I translate UploadPic in Bulgarian? Which files should I look for? I already installed it on my forum.

shellby

Post by shellby » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:23 pm

Hi, can someone please help? (urgently!)
I have the error "Please delete install/ config/ folders" as a lot of you others have but I cannot seem to resolve it.

I have tried and tried to install_uploadpic.php with no success (including through the "secret" directory). I have tried altering the uploadpic.txt file as also suggested. I dont understand how some of you say that when you logged in as Admin it worked ok. Surely I am already logged in as Admin to run EasyMod so why doesnt it work?

I have deleted the install folder by the "secret" method to get the board working again and there are just the usual errors on the UploadPic menus with no upload picture facility.

I am using phpBB 2.0.22 and uploadpic version 1.3.4

I uploaded this mod on another board with no problems (other than no userpix directory) and its working fine on 2.0.21.

Please help!

andrew241

Post by andrew241 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:54 pm

Can someone help me out?

An Error Occurred

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_allow_uploadpic' in 'field list'

SELECT user_id, username, user_allow_uploadpic FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_id > 0 ORDER BY LEFT(username,1), user_allow_uploadpic DESC, username

Line : 68
File : admin_uploadpic_users.php

I also get error messages when I click upload pic on the admin menu and the buttons to upload are nto showing on the forum. I used easymod to install.

andrew241

Post by andrew241 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:55 pm

duplicate

andrew241

Post by andrew241 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:35 pm

Well I figured it out. I added back the install file after I logged in as admin and then reinstalled that file now it works.

buegelfalte

Post by buegelfalte » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:42 pm

mates85 wrote:id prefer to just let them be activated and able to use image upload without me going thru every new profile.
This is in the doc (prior to installing) or in FAQ to change it afterwards. Also, UploadPic (starting from 1.3.4) has a link in the config saying "allow all" or "disallow all".
http://www.beehave.de - home of humbug
no support via PM or email, read the UploadPic FAQ before posting

buegelfalte

Post by buegelfalte » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:48 pm

dpaanlka wrote:How might I modify this to only search for the file name?
you'd have to dig into the code and change all occurrences of "uploadpic_checkfileinuse", which is the function that does all the checking
the variable it gets as the parameter is the filename + the dir, you'd have to change that to the filename only
http://www.beehave.de - home of humbug
no support via PM or email, read the UploadPic FAQ before posting

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”