[2.0.20] UploadPic

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
69%
Very Good
10%
Good
7%
Fair
5%
Poor
10%

Total votes: 83

mrdcjii

Re: [2.0.20] UploadPic

Post by mrdcjii » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:25 pm

buegelfalte wrote:It's most likely a path-error so your browser can't find the file (the forms are trying to send the data to a file that doesn't exist).
Which one, I can't tell you, but all possible path-errors are, too, covered in the FAQ.
Ok I checked my paths and they are correct. Infact I used my ftp program and uploaded a pic to the the user pics folder and it shows up in the admin under recent uploads. I am still not able to upload with the board and when I use the admin upload pic config to try to change settings It shows the defualt settings but when I try to change them and hit save I get a blank page and web page cannot be displayed the same as when I try to upload a pic.

I am wonderig where does the admin uploadpic config wright is data to? and could this be a database issue? any ideas out there??? I think I am missing a database?????

buegelfalte

Post by buegelfalte » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:04 pm

View the source code of the page which is not working and check what URL the form is trying to call - I bet you got an error in there, which has to be connected either to your UploadPic/forum-settings (yes, they are in the DB and no, no issue there, you'd get different errors), or to your server-settings.
http://www.beehave.de - home of humbug
no support via PM or email, read the UploadPic FAQ before posting

petersweden

easymod error executing install_uploadpic.php

Post by petersweden » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:45 am

Hi

I have installed UploadPic with easymod. When I try to execute forum/install/install_uploadpic.php i get the below error message:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Checking the error log I get:

error: directory is writable by others: .../public_html/forum/install

I execute the file from the forum/install directory not the mod directory.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Peter

petersweden

Post by petersweden » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:21 pm

I found out what was wrong: my webhost didn't allow 777 for the directory, I had to restrict the install directory to 755.

/Peter

sevenseven

Post by sevenseven » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:48 pm

The mod work but in the admin option the option:

max. width of picture
max. height of picture
max. displayed picture width after upload
max. displayed picture height after upload

don't work correctly
If i change the value of max. displayed picture width after upload there aren't modify in the upload results

Then there aren't any message if the image is too big (kb/mb)

:?:

buegelfalte

Post by buegelfalte » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:10 pm

sevenseven wrote:If i change the value of max. displayed picture width after upload there aren't modify in the upload results
Are you sure you also changed the TPL-files (for all templates !) correctly ?
Everything works fine here.
sevenseven wrote:Then there aren't any message if the image is too big (kb/mb)
Note that the message is only displayed if the image is too big after conversion (!) - that, too, works fine.

theNewt

Post by theNewt » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:50 am

Hi folks.....this MOD has been excellent, I had no issues with it up until today when I tried to give a member moderator status. I have ran the install file and all green ticks - no problem.

I must have made an error when copying some of the MODs into the files, any idea where etc...I'm no expert.

This is the error returned. Any help appreciated.. I have changed the users email with asterix's so he isnt bombarded with junk mail.

Admin_user_fail

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'user_allow_uploadpic = 1, user_notify_pm = 1, user_popup_pm = 1, user_lang = 'en' at line 2

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_email = '*****_apike**@hotmail.com', user_icq = '', user_website = '', user_occ = '', user_from = 'Tomerong, NSW', user_interests = 'Photography, diving,art, SCORPIONS!', user_sig = 'You don''t conquer a mountain The mountain allows you to climb it', user_viewemail = 0, user_aim = '', user_yim = '', user_msnm = '*****_apike**@hotmail.com', user_attachsig = 1, user_sig_bbcode_uid = 'd2948333c9', user_allowsmile = 1, user_allowhtml = 1, user_allowavatar = 1, user_allowbbcode = 1, user_allow_viewonline = 1, user_notify = 0, user_allow_pm = ,user_allow_uploadpic = 1, user_notify_pm = 1, user_popup_pm = 1, user_lang = 'english', user_style = 1, user_timezone = 9.5, user_dateformat = 'D M d, Y g:i a', user_active = 1, user_rank = 18 WHERE user_id = 241

Line : 694
File : admin_users.php

buegelfalte

Post by buegelfalte » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:45 pm

theNewt wrote:(...) user_allow_pm = ,user_allow_uploadpic = 1(...)
"user_allow_pm" needs to be set to something, that's why the query fails.
Check your changed files closely (for ALL MODS installed lately), this is not even necessarily connected with UploadPic !

theNewt

Post by theNewt » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:22 am

buegelfalte wrote:
Check your changed files closely (for ALL MODS installed lately), this is not even necessarily connected with UploadPic !

difficult to locate: any idea which files I should be looking in?

theNewt

Post by theNewt » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:27 am

buegelfalte wrote:
I restored admin/admin_users.php to the pre-uploadpic MOD installation and did not have the error as above. I was able to change the members rank to that of moderator without problem. I have reinstated the uploadpic version of admin/admin_users.php so the upload pic MOD operates. I have been through the syntax a number of times and cannot see any error.....but, there must be one somewhere.

ScallyWag1

Post by ScallyWag1 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:34 am

Help! I can't get this MOD to work and I've quadruple checked everything! What is up?
http://www.usssamuelgompers.org/Forum
There is no place to upload pics. It doesn't show up on the post page. Like I said I changed evything I was supposed to but It doesn't show up.
From posting_body.tpl
<tr>
<td colspan="9">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td><span class="genmed"> &nbsp;{L_FONT_COLOR}:
<select name="addbbcode18" onChange="bbfontstyle('[color=' + this.form.addbbcode18.options[this.form.addbbcode18.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/color]');this.selectedIndex=0;" onMouseOver="helpline('s')">
<option style="color:black; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="{T_FONTCOLOR1}" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_DEFAULT}</option>
<option style="color:darkred; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="darkred" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_DARK_RED}</option>
<option style="color:red; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="red" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_RED}</option>
<option style="color:orange; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="orange" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_ORANGE}</option>
<option style="color:brown; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="brown" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_BROWN}</option>
<option style="color:yellow; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="yellow" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_YELLOW}</option>
<option style="color:green; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="green" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_GREEN}</option>
<option style="color:olive; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="olive" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_OLIVE}</option>
<option style="color:cyan; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="cyan" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_CYAN}</option>
<option style="color:blue; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="blue" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_BLUE}</option>
<option style="color:darkblue; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="darkblue" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_DARK_BLUE}</option>
<option style="color:indigo; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="indigo" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_INDIGO}</option>
<option style="color:violet; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="violet" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_VIOLET}</option>
<option style="color:white; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="white" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_WHITE}</option>
<option style="color:black; background-color: {T_TD_COLOR1}" value="black" class="genmed">{L_COLOR_BLACK}</option>
</select> &nbsp;{L_FONT_SIZE}:<select name="addbbcode20" selected onChange="bbfontstyle('[size=' + this.form.addbbcode20.options[this.form.addbbcode20.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/size]');this.selectedIndex=0;" onMouseOver="helpline('f')">
<option value="0" class="genmed">{L_FONT_SIZE}</option>
<option value="7" class="genmed">{L_FONT_TINY}</option>
<option value="9" class="genmed">{L_FONT_SMALL}</option>
<option value="12" class="genmed">{L_FONT_NORMAL}</option>
<option value="18" class="genmed">{L_FONT_LARGE}</option>
<option value="24" class="genmed">{L_FONT_HUGE}</option>
</select>
</span></td>

<td nowrap="nowrap" align="right"><span class="gensmall">
<!-- BEGIN switch_uploadpic -->
<strong><a href="{S_UPLOADPIC}" onclick="window.open('{S_UPLOADPIC}', '_uploadpic', 'height=400,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,width=450');return false;" target="_uploadpic" class="nav" onMouseOver="helpline('up')">{L_UPLOADPIC}</a><br /></strong>
<!-- END switch_uploadpic -->
<a href="javascript:bbstyle(-1)" class="genmed" onMouseOver="helpline('a')">{L_BBCODE_CLOSE_TAGS}</a></span></td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>

buegelfalte

Post by buegelfalte » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:47 am

check the FAQ, II. 2.

ScallyWag1

Post by ScallyWag1 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:00 pm

been there done that. Can't find any answers on this. I checked everything the FAQ said to check. I don't understand the last one though.

buegelfalte

Post by buegelfalte » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:04 pm

The last one doesn't seem to apply.
Sorry, can't help you further - this part not working does always mean, there's something wrong with your installation.

kigoobe

Post by kigoobe » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:22 pm

A great mod, and thanks a lot for working on and releasing this to the public.

A few possible add-ons to this mod.

1. Users who are uploading images, can be given a link to delete / replace an image once uploaded.
2. There can be a link of user's album in the viewprofile page.
3. User's can be allowed to add additional pictures, independent of the forum posts, that they can later link to posts, or just keep in their album.
4. The pictures uploaded for forums can be put together in a separate album, and users can be given a possibility to add other albums, ie, to organize photos in two levels.
5. Why not also to have a caption for each image, that will appear just below an image, if given, both in the forum and album.
6. And lastly, why not also to store some references in a new table in the database. That way, data manipulation will be easy, and additional information with each image can be stored properly.

Cheers.
Last edited by kigoobe on Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”