The humanizer

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
73%
Very Good
12%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 95

LightningGA

Post by LightningGA »

Underhill wrote: Hi,
azuredreams wrote:However tracking down the offending character is impossible. Ive copied the code exactly 3 times, but still get this. Does anyone perhaps have the entire correct text that i can copy and paste into the relevant file? Thank you in advance.

Does the error appears around this lines?

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------------------------
#

validate_optional_fields(

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------------------------
#

// The humanizer MOD
	$ruhuman = ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['ruhuman']) ) ? ( ($HTTP_POST_VARS['ruhuman']) ? TRUE : 0 ) : 0;
Did you notice that the action is "After, Add" this line (not "Inline After add")?

If yes could you please show your "usercp_register.php" as a textfile for download?

Reg.
Underhill

that's where I made my mistake too....I added right after "validate_optional_fields( " instead of going to the end and then adding it

now I just need to wait and see what happens....we've been getting a lot of spam registrations lately
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

Very nice mod, underhill!

If there is a new version in the works, would you consider adding the option to change the question and right answer in the ACP?

Thanks again
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Underhill

Post by Underhill »

Hi,

better use this MOD for your request:
http://www.phpbb.de/moddb/mod.php?id=ABQ
(English translation inside the MOD)

Reg.
Underhill
batlh ghajbe' De'wI'mey!
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

MOD Updated to version 1.0.4
See first post for Download Link
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

better use this MOD for your request:
http://www.phpbb.de/moddb/mod.php?id=ABQ
(English translation inside the MOD)

Reg.
Underhill

Thanks but I like your mod better due to its simplicity. I was just wondering whether you had considered my suggestion for a future release as this would save me going to the file and upload it every time I want to change the questions and answer option?

Also, I compared 1.0.3 and the newly released 1.0.4 but could not see any difference except the typo in "answered" but then it is Sunday :P
Did I miss anything?

Thanks again :)
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
Toho_NL

Post by Toho_NL »

1.0.4 has been tested successfully for phpBB 2.0.21. This is stated in the official releasenotes. So, you didn't miss anything ;).

Best regards,

Toho_NL.
still

Oopsie

Post by still »

I'm assuming I did something worng in syntax or something, anyways....here's the error I get after installation -
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in c:\users\stillmusic.com\phpbb2\includes\usercp_register.php on line 142

and here's what that area of the page reads as after I put the mod in-
// Run some validation on the optional fields. These are pass-by-ref, so they'll be changed to
// empty strings if they fail.
validate_optional_fields
// The humanizer MOD
$ruhuman = ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['ruhuman']) ) ? ( ($HTTP_POST_VARS['ruhuman']) ? TRUE : 0 ) : 0;

($icq, $aim, $msn, $yim, $website, $location, $occupation, $interests, $signature);

Stab me with a brick......

whatcha think?
Underhill

Post by Underhill »

Hi,

the answer is a few posts up :wink:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=2117621#2117621 wrote: Did you notice that the action is "After, Add" this line (not "Inline After add")?

Reg.
Underhill
batlh ghajbe' De'wI'mey!
robertduffy

Post by robertduffy »

Hey there,

I guess I am a dum dum.. I went through the instructions twice, and still cant figure it out..

I dont get errors, but on my registration page I do not get the question to show up.. When I submit a registtrration, I do get the error though, so that works!!

:)

http://www.donewaiting.com/forum/

any ideas? i know i am not smart but i thought i did it right!!!
VinceDee

Post by VinceDee »

I feel like a retard :oops:

It's been awhile since I've been on these forums, so I'm sure that I've forgotten something obvious, but where would I find the instructions for using this mod? I downloaded it already, and see some notes and such, but no instructions.
dapaintballer333

Post by dapaintballer333 »

this is a great idea, but it won't be hard for someone to modify their program and add one more static variable that gets posted.

Mabey you should have something dynamic, like "Whats 4 plus 9?" while those numbers change every time like image verification. Although that still isn't extremly hard to get by it will deffinitly be harder than specifying an extra static variable.
Underhill

Post by Underhill »

Hi,

@robertduffy:
Please double check your changes in "includes/usercp_register.php
" - the "templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl" seems to be ok..

@VinceDee:
What kind of instructions are you looking for?

@dapaintballer333:
Please see at this post http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 15#2221515

Reg.Underhill
batlh ghajbe' De'wI'mey!
still

Post by still »

the answer is a few posts up :wink:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=2117621#2117621 wrote:Did you notice that the action is "After, Add" this line (not "Inline After add")?

Reg.
Underhill

Hi, thanx, that fixed it, but I should note that it's not really clear what is meant by the answer, and although one should be able to figure it out, when the reader doesn't understand syntax issues, the answer is a little tough to sort out....

That said, (and I don't mean to scold, only to point out) the mod seems to work, and I have high hopes for it's success, so many thanx for bringing it out to help us newbs out!
8)
Underhill

Post by Underhill »

Done,

see
http://www.underhill.de/downloads/phpbb ... anizer.txt
and
http://www.underhill.de/downloads/phpbb ... ertips.txt

But V1.0.5 will NOT be submitted to the phpBB group (just a small update)...

Reg.
Underhill
batlh ghajbe' De'wI'mey!
gizzorge

Post by gizzorge »

Hi,

I am using the most recent version, but I am also getting two lines of the humanizer on the registration page. I cked through and the mod is installed correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”