The humanizer

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
73%
Very Good
12%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 95

Underhill

Re: The humanizer

Post by Underhill » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:50 am

Hi,

thanks - but remember to change your question and answer ;)

Reg.
Underhill
batlh ghajbe' De'wI'mey!

rpgreseller

Post by rpgreseller » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:19 am

Giving this a shot right now, going to edit the question and answer to text box instead of multiple choice, maybe add a picture to the registration page and ask "What shape is this"

Or perhaps a picture of an apple and question. "The word apple begins with the letter" [text input]

If adjustable simple human authentication like this were made standard in the next release of phpbb, spam would pretty much stop being an industry. board hackers would have to find something that could be exploited more productively.

Canadian Neigh

Post by Canadian Neigh » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:31 am

Hi,

I made the mistake of adding the Security Question mod in addition to the humanizer (did not find the humanizer helped, so "beefed up" the guns, so to speak).... as a result, I attempted to uninstall BOTH the humanizer and the security question mod - granted, I may not have done it correctly. I originally installed both with EasyMod, and tried to uninstall (since there was no obvious way to do this and I am the kind of person who needs things to be obvious) by going to MOD Center >> EasyMOD History >> then opened the MOD in question and hit "restore database backup"... which was probably my first mistake. As a result, both of the MODS no longer appear on my registration page BUT when I attempt to register a test account, it keeps returning me an error saying "Sorry but you must answer the humanizer question first." - when there's no option to do so anymore!

Which file should I look in and for what to get rid of the MODs so I can reinstall and fix? Any advice? I wanted to stop spammers, not EVERYONE! :)

Thanks in advance!
Into horses? Check out Canadian Neigh!

Underhill

Post by Underhill » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:40 pm

Hi,
Canadian Neigh wrote:...
keeps returning me an error saying "Sorry but you must answer the humanizer question first." - when there's no option to do so anymore!
just delete the lines of the humanizer from the "includes/usercp_register.php" manually..

Reg.
Underhill
batlh ghajbe' De'wI'mey!

Underhill

Post by Underhill » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:45 pm

Hi,

please note:

With humanizer version 1.2.0 the old tip files (like underhill.de/downloads/phpbb2mods/thehumanizertips.txt or underhill.de/downloads/phpbb2mods/thehumanizertips2.txt) are NOT needed anymore...

Thanks and reg.
Underhill
batlh ghajbe' De'wI'mey!

gany

Post by gany » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:55 am

I installed this mod, and it works fine. But... I need to change the language. Can I open the txt file, change the words, and upload it to the server?

What I really want is a question with 2 or three buttons one had to click to reply:
"Are you human?" - ( ) yes - ( ) no - ( ) I'm a spam bot.

Thanks for the assist,

Gany

Rat Rescue

Post by Rat Rescue » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:48 pm

I just installed this mod but when I go to my index page I get this message:

General Error

Could not obtain user/online information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1030 Got error 12 from table handler

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_allow_viewonline, u.user_level, s.session_logged_in, s.session_ip FROM phpbb_users u, phpbb_sessions s WHERE u.user_id = s.session_user_id AND s.session_time >= 1194201774 ORDER BY u.username ASC, s.session_ip ASC

Line : 108
File : page_header.php

Go to Administration Panel

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Underhill

Post by Underhill » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:58 pm

Hi,
gany wrote:I installed this mod, and it works fine. But... I need to change the language. Can I open the txt file, change the words, and upload it to the server?
No, do your changes in the "language/lang_xyz/lang_main.php" file...
gany wrote:What I really want is a question with 2 or three buttons one had to click to reply:
"Are you human?" - ( ) yes - ( ) no - ( ) I'm a spam bot.
With version 1.2.0 the radio buttons are retired - Please use the current version...

Rat Rescue wrote:SQL Error : 1030 Got error 12 from table handler

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_allow_viewonline, u.user_level, s.session_logged_in, s.session_ip FROM phpbb_users u, phpbb_sessions s WHERE u.user_id = s.session_user_id AND s.session_time >= 1194201774 ORDER BY u.username ASC, s.session_ip ASC

The humanizer has nothing to do with mysql tables or databases - Please check your other mods...

Reg.
Underhill
batlh ghajbe' De'wI'mey!

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:11 pm

Rat Rescue wrote:I just installed this mod but when I go to my index page I get this message:

General Error

Could not obtain user/online information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1030 Got error 12 from table handler

Go to Administration Panel