[2.0.21] Country Flags MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
57%
Very Good
17%
Good
11%
Fair
4%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 46

Christophe_911

Post by Christophe_911 »

lol working now... A litlle coma wasnt at the good place... :evil: lol
armyqt

Can some one help me

Post by armyqt »

I just installed this mod using EM. AT the end of the installation it says I have to do some things manually.
'Do it yourself' instructions need to be executed by you manually, EasyMOD can not perform these actions
Method 1: Copy root/install/db_update_en.php to install/db_update_en.php. Execute and delete after it has been run
Method 2: Use EasyMOD to run contrib/install/db_update_en.txt
Method 3: Copy the SQL query from contrib/install/db_update_en.txt and execute it manually

I'm new to all of this so I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. All I know is that now my board isn't functioning properly. The only other mod installed is the WSYIWYG editor.
armyqt

Post by armyqt »

Never mind, the newbie figured it out. :D
cronos42

MOD doesn't work

Post by cronos42 »

OK...I tried step 1) of the DIY instructions. The result:

1) I had an extra table called phpbb_flag_table
2) I had the extra field user_from_flag in the phpbb_users table

When I went to the admin console, 'flags' option, I got an error message that the table FLAG_TABLE was not present. I thought it was a little weird that the flag mod installer instructions take the phpbb prefix as default, but the code inside its PHP files doesn't.

To fix this, I copied table and contents to a table called FLAG_TABLE (even though that does waste space a little). The result:

1) The admin 'flags' option now works, though the button at the bottom has no text and when I edit a flag there is only ":" in front of the country name and the flag image.

The worst thing is that I cannot choose a flag in my profiles. So I can view the flags in the admin console but other than that the mod does nothing.

Can anyone please help?

(And can I now safely throw away the phpbb_flag_table?)
DarKReiGnS

Post by DarKReiGnS »

thanks...installed and working fine :)
Ajnabi

Post by Ajnabi »

working well...

installed with easymod :)
Digitster

Post by Digitster »

lo all, the mod installed very well but i'm finding something very strange, if you goto your profile and select your country and hit submit the flag shows up fine but if you then go back to your profile then you have to select your flag again, otherwise it will not show up, is there an easy fix for this or is it something i have overlooked.

Digit.
phasar

Post by phasar »

I just installed this using EasyMOD. There were no problems or hangups when I installed it. It installed GREAT!

But, it doesn't work. :( I am getting this error when I click on flags in the Admin panel

Couldn't obtain flags data

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'franksre_phpbb2.FLAG_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM FLAG_TABLE ORDER BY flag_name

Line : 233
File : admin_flags.php

HELP!!!!
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

Did you follow the DIY action to add the additional database table?

~Mac
phasar

Post by phasar »

Your instructions give 3 different Methods. Do you do one of, or all of them. Because if it's all of them, they aren't Methods, they're steps.
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

phasar wrote: Your instructions give 3 different Methods. Do you do one of, or all of them. Because if it's all of them, they aren't Methods, they're steps.

They are not steps!

~Mac
cronos42

Post by cronos42 »

Can someone please respond to my question of a few messages above?

I followed one of the methods in the instructions. I thought they were not steps.
phasar

Post by phasar »

I followed Method 2, using EasyMOD to install the program. So what else am I supposed to do? What other table are you supposed to create? And why doesn't EasyMOD do it when it does the rest of the install?

If I have to do all the OPEN, FIND, INSTALL AFTER crap, what was the point of EasyMOD?

What do I have to do here?
phasar

Post by phasar »

Well, I just did everything in the Step 3 instructions and I get this error when you try to view a post in the forums. :cry:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting ')' in /home/franksre/public_html/forums/viewtopic.php on line 1171

And I don't get the left colume or scroll bar anymore in the Admin panel. Instead I get this. :evil:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/franksre/public_html/forums/admin/admin_users.php on line 993

NOW WHAT???
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

phasar wrote: Well, I just did everything in the Step 3 instructions and I get this error when you try to view a post in the forums. :cry:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting ')' in /home/franksre/public_html/forums/viewtopic.php on line 1171

And I don't get the left colume or scroll bar anymore in the Admin panel. Instead I get this. :evil:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/franksre/public_html/forums/admin/admin_users.php on line 993

NOW WHAT???

With those error messages, it means you have added the codes incorrectly.

How you fix it? Just check the your codes again.

~Mac

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”