[2.0.21] Country Flags MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
57%
Very Good
17%
Good
11%
Fair
4%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 46

layke

Post by layke »

I tried the new one from your sourceforge site and I unfortunately got the same error but no matter. I updated the tables manually and it's all woking fine now. Thanks for the help :)
vinOk

Post by vinOk »

Hey i've installed "Country Flag" mod version: Mod Version: 2.2.0 (old but bug
free?)

Everything works fine, I'm just wondering how I would make the flag next to the a username under "Last Post" section on the index.php page?

I've tried editing the index.php page and it doesn't seem to be doing anything, any help would be highly
appreciated. :D
Toho_NL

Post by Toho_NL »

So, it is not necessary to install 2.3.2 when 2.3.1 is working fine (after installing it with EasyMOD)? What was wrong with that version than (if you install it with EasyMOD)? I installed it and everything is / seems to be fine.

Best regards,

Toho_NL.
RATT

Post by RATT »

Toho_NL wrote: So, it is not necessary to install 2.3.2 when 2.3.1 is working fine (after installing it with EasyMOD)? What was wrong with that version than (if you install it with EasyMOD)? I installed it and everything is / seems to be fine.

Best regards,

Toho_NL.

Version on 1st page reads
Download File: Country_Flags_2.3.1.zip

I dont think there is a 2.3.2 yet ;)
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

Toho_NL wrote: So, it is not necessary to install 2.3.2 when 2.3.1 is working fine (after installing it with EasyMOD)? What was wrong with that version than (if you install it with EasyMOD)? I installed it and everything is / seems to be fine.

Best regards,

Toho_NL.

As the MOD History read, there's no code change, it's just a version with SQL query in the EM installable format.
## 2006-06-24 - Version 2.3.2
## - Include EasyMOD compatible SQL update script separately

I did this because there are many people that are having problem using the auto update script (seems to be a problem with people using MySQL 5), so the purpose of this update is so that people can use the EM version to install using EasyMOD, or copy the SQL query and update their database manually.

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ DIY INSTRUCTIONS ]------------------------------------------ 
#
Method 1: Copy root/install/db_update_en.php to install/db_update_en.php. Execute and delete after it has been run
Method 2: Use EasyMOD to run contrib/install/db_update_en.txt
Method 3: Copy the SQL query from contrib/install/db_update_en.txt and execute it manually
RATT: 2.3.2 is now is the validation queue, it has not been validated yet.

~Mac
tinkerbell1

Post by tinkerbell1 »

Love this mod! My users think its pretty cool too.

I love how you can add a flag through the admin panel too.

thanks!
Last edited by tinkerbell1 on Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tinkerbell1

Post by tinkerbell1 »

I didn't like how the US flag looked though (sort of looks like its from the Revolutionary War era).

I edited it, if anyone would like to use this one instead: Image
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

Hi tinkerbell1,

Thanks for sharing the flag image, as said in the MOD file, I took all my images from the CIA website, which I'll considered a more official image set. But of course you can use whatever images you found/create to go with this MOD.

~Mac
97SiR

Post by 97SiR »

layke wrote: I've installed your Country flags Mod with Easymod 3.0 and it worked like a dream however when I try to update the DB I get this error message.

I tried running it outside of the install directory buy I got :

Warning: include(../extension.inc) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\xxxx\xxxx\www\forums\db_update_en.php on line 32

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in E:\xxxx\xxxx\\www\forums\db_update_en.php on line 32

Warning: include(../common.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\xxxx\xxxx\www\forums\db_update_en.php on line 33

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../common.' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in E:\xxxx\xxxx\www\forums\db_update_en.php on line 33

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in E:\xxxx\xxxx\www\forums\db_update_en.php on line 45
L

I am getting the same error message. I read the reply about d/l the db_update_en.sql file and updating it manually, but can someone pls tell me how to do this? I have the file but I don't know what to do with it. I would assume that I have to do something to it in the MySQL page, right?

Thanks and sorry for the silly question, but I am fairly new to php.[/b]
Toho_NL

Post by Toho_NL »

Is it possible to include, maybe in a next version, the availability of the flags when viewing the membergroups? In this list the flags aren't shown :(.

Best regards,

Toho_NL.
97SiR

Post by 97SiR »

layke wrote: I've installed your Country flags Mod with Easymod 3.0 and it worked like a dream however when I try to update the DB I get this error message.

I tried running it outside of the install directory buy I got :

Warning: include(../extension.inc) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\xxxx\xxxx\www\forums\db_update_en.php on line 32

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in E:\xxxx\xxxx\\www\forums\db_update_en.php on line 32

Warning: include(../common.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\xxxx\xxxx\www\forums\db_update_en.php on line 33

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../common.' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in E:\xxxx\xxxx\www\forums\db_update_en.php on line 33

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in E:\xxxx\xxxx\www\forums\db_update_en.php on line 45
L

I am getting the same error message. I read the reply about d/l the db_update_en.sql file and updating it manually, but can someone pls tell me how to do this? I have the file but I don't know what to do with it. I would assume that I have to do something to it in the MySQL page, right?

Thanks and sorry for the silly question, but I am fairly new to php.
97SiR

Post by 97SiR »

Problem fixed. There is no need to reply to my previous post. Thanks!
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

Toho_NL wrote: Is it possible to include, maybe in a next version, the availability of the flags when viewing the membergroups?

OK, I'll add that.

~Mac
dpaanlka

Post by dpaanlka »

This seems to be the only country flag mod left. Any chance of adding auto-recognize via IP address? Such as the former IP Country Flag mods that no longer seem to exist?
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

MOD Updated to version 2.3.2
See first post for Download Link

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”