[2.0.20] MOD Troll

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
77%
Very Good
5%
Good
8%
Fair
3%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 39

Natolii

Post by Natolii »

Anything?
Tally XJ

Post by Tally XJ »

ARCHMUDO wrote: Is it possible to give moderators as well, not just Admins, the ability to activate troll mode for general users?

Is it possible to do that without having a MOD CP, and how? Is it possible to do that with a MOD CP, and how?

You would have to install a Moderator Control Panel to give them acces to this feature. it is currently an Admin feature only as it is installed.
Tally XJ

Post by Tally XJ »

Natolii wrote: I am reporting an Easy Mod 0.3.0 Critical Error with this Mod.

Here is the message:

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [admin/admin_users.php] could not find:

$user_allowavatar = ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['user_allowavatar']) ) ? intval( $HTTP_POST_VARS['user_allowavatar'] ) : 0;

MOD script line #234

Try searching for just the first part of that line. If you have other mods installed, this compete line of code might have been changed.
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

Tally XJ wrote: Is it possible to give moderators as well, not just Admins, the ability to activate troll mode for general users?

Moderators have the ability to set any post to "moderated" and that way hide its contents, until the post is approved again. That will give them plenty of time to contact the admin and discuss if this person should be moderated. So that is the way to do it with the existing features :D

In designing the mod, I assumed that setting someone to moderated is a group decision that will take some days to make, since it is a serious move. I assume the admin will be involved in the discussion and moderators themselves would not need this power.
Need custom work done? Pimp My Forum!
RalfNight

Re: [2.0.20] MOD Troll

Post by RalfNight »

Please reupload :)
James N

Post by James N »

RalfNight wrote: Please reupload :)

Read the first announcement on this page to download
DivaVocals

Post by DivaVocals »

Nevermind.. found it!
DivaVocals

Re:

Post by DivaVocals »

EZMod isn't detecting this contrib so I am manually modifying all the appropriate files.. I have a few questions, and have been through this thread TWICE and still don't see my answers.. So here's my two questions..

1st question:
Tally XJ wrote: - The phpbb_users table in you SQL MUST be altered. If you dont get the user_troll table created, the mod WILL NOT work. This is not as hard as it sounds. I did it right the first time and I had never seen that area of my Control Panel.
The SQL needed to alter the phpbb_users table is in the install.mod file. However, where do I find the SQL needed to create the user_troll table??

2nd question:
In the MOD_Troll_in_Ban_Users_Page_v100.mod file there is a line that reads:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#

language/lang_english/lang_admin.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#

$lang['Troll_users'] = 'Names of Trolls';

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#

$lang['User_troll_explain'] = 'Troll user will have very miserable time using the board.';
$lang['User_untroll'] = 'Remove troll status from user';
$lang['User_untroll_explain'] = 'You can "untroll" multiple users in one go using the appropriate combination of mouse and keyboard for your computer and browser';
$lang['No_trolls'] = 'No troll users';
The section of code it's asking me to find does not exist.. So I added this to the User Management section of my language/lang_english/lang_admin.php file:

$lang['Troll_users'] = 'Names of Trolls';
$lang['User_troll_explain'] = 'Troll user will have very miserable time using the board.';
$lang['User_untroll'] = 'Remove troll status from user';
$lang['User_untroll_explain'] = 'You can "untroll" multiple users in one go using the appropriate combination of mouse and keyboard for your computer and browser';
$lang['No_trolls'] = 'No troll users';
Is this okay??
DivaVocals

Post by DivaVocals »

Okay I ran into another snag

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#

language/lang_english/lang_main.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#

//
// That's all, Folks!
This text doesn't exist in this file.. Where do I place the new code???
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

First the language files. That's all folks is the last line, so you can put language entries always at the end of the file just before the last line, no problem. However, you should have found the search line provided the rest of the troll mod is already installed.

As for the user_troll table, I don't have it, maybe it is a mistake in the description?
DivaVocals

Post by DivaVocals »

I made some educated guesses and plowed through the manual install of this mod. I suspect the answers to my questions above will resolve the rest what I'm finding in my initial testing.. So the user profile is missing the following labels:

Under the Preferences section, these labels are missing
  • Hide your online status:
    Notify on new Private Message:
    Pop up window on new Private Message:
Under the Avatar control panel section, all of the labels are missing
  • Upload Avatar from your machine:
    Upload Avatar from a URL:
    Link to off-site Avatar:
    Select Avatar from gallery:
Not sure what I edited along the way that did this.. So how do I fix this.. So far I like this mod.. I will wait for the answers to ALL of my questions to ensure that I got it all right.. Thanks for your patience with my many posts.. I have somewhat of an urgent situation which requires me to install this mod rather quickly..
DivaVocals

Post by DivaVocals »

So in the process of fixing this issue, I restored back to my original lang_main file.. Then I attempted to add the mods for this file as per per the install.mod file. I add it to the file as follows:

//
// Errors (not related to a
// specific failure on a page)
//
$lang['Information'] = 'Information';
$lang['Critical_Information'] = 'Critical Information';

$lang['General_Error'] = 'General Error';
$lang['Critical_Error'] = 'Critical Error';
$lang['An_error_occured'] = 'An Error Occurred';
$lang['A_critical_error'] = 'A Critical Error Occurred';

$lang['Admin_reauthenticate'] = 'To administer the board you must re-authenticate yourself.';
$lang['Login_attempts_exceeded'] = 'The maximum number of %s login attempts has been exceeded. You are not allowed to login for the next %s minutes.';
$lang['Please_remove_install_contrib'] = 'Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted';

//MOD Troll
$lang['Troll_error_login_1'] = 'You have used a wrong or inactive username or a wrong password.';
$lang['Troll_error_login_2'] = 'Sorry, there are too many members logged in. Please try again later.';
$lang['Troll_error_login_3'] = 'Your password was wrong. Check that the CAPS LOCK key is off. ';

$lang['Troll_error_posting_1'] = 'You cannot post a message so soon after your last message. Please try again laters.';
$lang['Troll_error_posting_2'] = 'Only a limited amount of posts can be made in a certain time. Please try again later.';
$lang['Troll_error_posting_3'] = 'Sorry, your message has been refused by the language filter. Please rewrite your message.';

$lang['Troll_error_privmsg_1'] = 'Sorry, the recipient is unknown. Please make sure you choose an existing forum member.';
$lang['Troll_error_privmsg_2'] = 'Sorry, the recipient\'s mailbox is full, please try again later.';
$lang['Troll_error_privmsg_3'] = 'Sorry, your message has been refused by the language filter. Please rewrite your message.';

$lang['Troll_error_email_1'] = 'Sorry, the recipient is unknown. Please make sure you choose an existing forum member.';
$lang['Troll_error_email_2'] = 'Sorry, the recipient\'s mailbox is full, please try again later.';
$lang['Troll_error_email_3'] = 'Sorry, your message has been refused by the language filter. Please rewrite your message.';

//
// That's all, Folks!
// -------------------------------------------------
This gives me the following errors:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/katharos/divawebdzine.com/clients/he101/forum/language/lang_english/lang_main.php:1) in /hsphere/local/home/katharos/divawebdzine.com/clients/he101/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 483

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/katharos/divawebdzine.com/clients/he101/forum/language/lang_english/lang_main.php:1) in /hsphere/local/home/katharos/divawebdzine.com/clients/he101/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/katharos/divawebdzine.com/clients/he101/forum/language/lang_english/lang_main.php:1) in /hsphere/local/home/katharos/divawebdzine.com/clients/he101/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 486

If I remove the lines I added the lang_main.php works normally.. So I need to know how to add the troll error messages so it stops causing the errors..
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

The additions look fine. You've deletede the ?> at the end of the file.
DivaVocals

Post by DivaVocals »

Merlin Sythove wrote: The additions look fine. You've deletede the ?> at the end of the file.
Actually I didn't.. Let me clarify what my edited code looks like by showing you all the code BEFORE and AFTER the code I added..

//
// Errors (not related to a
// specific failure on a page)
//
$lang['Information'] = 'Information';
$lang['Critical_Information'] = 'Critical Information';

$lang['General_Error'] = 'General Error';
$lang['Critical_Error'] = 'Critical Error';
$lang['An_error_occured'] = 'An Error Occurred';
$lang['A_critical_error'] = 'A Critical Error Occurred';

$lang['Admin_reauthenticate'] = 'To administer the board you must re-authenticate yourself.';
$lang['Login_attempts_exceeded'] = 'The maximum number of %s login attempts has been exceeded. You are not allowed to login for the next %s minutes.';
$lang['Please_remove_install_contrib'] = 'Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted';

//MOD Troll
$lang['Troll_error_login_1'] = 'You have used a wrong or inactive username or a wrong password.';
$lang['Troll_error_login_2'] = 'Sorry, there are too many members logged in. Please try again later.';
$lang['Troll_error_login_3'] = 'Your password was wrong. Check that the CAPS LOCK key is off. ';

$lang['Troll_error_posting_1'] = 'You cannot post a message so soon after your last message. Please try again laters.';
$lang['Troll_error_posting_2'] = 'Only a limited amount of posts can be made in a certain time. Please try again later.';
$lang['Troll_error_posting_3'] = 'Sorry, your message has been refused by the language filter. Please rewrite your message.';

$lang['Troll_error_privmsg_1'] = 'Sorry, the recipient is unknown. Please make sure you choose an existing forum member.';
$lang['Troll_error_privmsg_2'] = 'Sorry, the recipient\'s mailbox is full, please try again later.';
$lang['Troll_error_privmsg_3'] = 'Sorry, your message has been refused by the language filter. Please rewrite your message.';

$lang['Troll_error_email_1'] = 'Sorry, the recipient is unknown. Please make sure you choose an existing forum member.';
$lang['Troll_error_email_2'] = 'Sorry, the recipient\'s mailbox is full, please try again later.';
$lang['Troll_error_email_3'] = 'Sorry, your message has been refused by the language filter. Please rewrite your message.';

//
// That's all, Folks!
// -------------------------------------------------

// User Stealth mod - start
$lang['Sort_Inactive'] = 'Non-active only';
$lang['Select'] = 'Select';
$lang['Select_all'] = 'Select All';
$lang['Divider'] = '::';
$lang['Unselect_all'] = 'Unselect All';
$lang['Activate'] = 'Activate selected';
$lang['Delete'] = 'Delete selected';
$lang['Inactive_selected_num'] = 'A total of ';
$lang['Inactive_activated'] = 'Selected inactive member has been activated successfully!';
$lang['Inactives_activated'] = 'selected inactive members have been activated successfully!';
$lang['Inactive_deleted'] = 'Selected inactive member has been deleted successfully!';
$lang['Inactives_deleted'] = 'selected inactive members have been deleted successfully!';
$lang['No_check_selected'] = 'Sorry for stating the obvious but, you must select at least 1 inactive member.';
$lang['Click_return_memberlist'] = 'Click %sHere%s to return to the Memberlist';
$lang['Click_return_index'] = 'Click %sHere%s to return to the Index';
$lang['Row_returned'] = ' row fetched ...';
$lang['Rows_returned'] = ' rows fetched ...';
$lang['No_data'] = 'There is currently no "non-activated" members in the USERS table to display.';
$lang['Non_active_on_index'] = ' and %s %s%s%s registered user';
$lang['Non_actives_on_index'] = ' and %s %s%s%s registered users';
$lang['Non_active_link'] = 'non-active';
$lang['Non_active_explain'] = 'View non-active registered users only';
$lang['Newest_user_winac'] = 'The newest activated registered user is <b>%s%s%s</b>';
$lang['Username_inactive_url_error'] = 'This user is either inactive or non-existant.';
// User Stealth mod - end

?>
As soon as I add the troll messages I get errors, and the user profile labels get all wonky..
DivaVocals

Post by DivaVocals »

Logged in as a non troll user, I'm getting errors sending private messages.. I'm not sure how to fix this error.. :evil:
Could not insert/update private message sent info.

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO he101phpbb_privmsgs (privmsgs_type, privmsgs_subject, privmsgs_from_userid, privmsgs_to_userid, privmsgs_date, privmsgs_ip, privmsgs_enable_html, privmsgs_enable_bbcode, privmsgs_enable_smilies, privmsgs_attach_sig) VALUES (1, 'Testing 123', 43, 65, 1175608602, '4365abc5', 0, 1, 1, 1)

Line : 1315
File : privmsg.php

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”