[2.0.20] MOD Troll

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
77%
Very Good
5%
Good
8%
Fair
3%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 39

Merlin Sythove

Re: [2.0.20] MOD Troll

Post by Merlin Sythove »

DivaVocals wrote: As soon as I add the troll messages I get errors, and the user profile labels get all wonky..

Sorry, the language elements that are inserted look OK to me, I have no clue why they should give you errors.
Need custom work done? Pimp My Forum!
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

DivaVocals wrote: INSERT INTO he101phpbb_privmsgs

What sort of table name is that?
DivaVocals

Post by DivaVocals »

Merlin Sythove wrote:
DivaVocals wrote: INSERT INTO he101phpbb_privmsgs

What sort of table name is that?
Is the table name relevant to the error? It's a test forum.. and I used a different table prefix for the tables (the prefix is something that is meaningful to me).. My test forum is a place for me to test out forum mods and forum software updates before I move them over to my actual forum.. My test forum was a stable duplicate copy of the live forum, and the errors didn't start until I attempted to implement this mod..
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

Ah, sorry for not stating the obvious:
DivaVocals wrote: Could not insert/update private message sent info.

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO he101phpbb_privmsgs (privmsgs_type, privmsgs_subject, privmsgs_from_userid, privmsgs_to_userid, privmsgs_date, privmsgs_ip, privmsgs_enable_html, privmsgs_enable_bbcode, privmsgs_enable_smilies, privmsgs_attach_sig) VALUES (1, 'Testing 123', 43, 65, 1175608602, '4365abc5', 0, 1, 1, 1)

Line : 1315
File : privmsg.php

There is nothing wrong with the SQL instruction as far as I can see, except that if it is code, there is a semi-colon missing at the end. Since the table name is highly irregular, I assumed you made an inadvertent typo or paste operation at that point and I assumed the table name would be wrong. If the table name is correct, I have no clue why that SQL should not work.
DivaVocals

Post by DivaVocals »

Merlin Sythove wrote: Ah, sorry for not stating the obvious:
DivaVocals wrote: Could not insert/update private message sent info.

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO he101phpbb_privmsgs (privmsgs_type, privmsgs_subject, privmsgs_from_userid, privmsgs_to_userid, privmsgs_date, privmsgs_ip, privmsgs_enable_html, privmsgs_enable_bbcode, privmsgs_enable_smilies, privmsgs_attach_sig) VALUES (1, 'Testing 123', 43, 65, 1175608602, '4365abc5', 0, 1, 1, 1)

Line : 1315
File : privmsg.php

There is nothing wrong with the SQL instruction as far as I can see, except that if it is code, there is a semi-colon missing at the end. Since the table name is highly irregular, I assumed you made an inadvertent typo or paste operation at that point and I assumed the table name would be wrong. If the table name is correct, I have no clue why that SQL should not work.
Thanks for the clarification.. Nope this was direct cut and paste from the error message after I got it.. (For the record I have two test forums in one database.. The table prefix allows them to cohabitate peacefully together..

Okay.. So all of my errors are drawing a big blank from the crowd.. Quite aggravating.. **sigh** I also believe that the issue with the language file causing errors might be my Stealth mod and this mod not playing nicely.. :evil: Oh well I was hoping that I could get this to work.. Time to roll back I guess and let this mod go.. **sigh**
RalfNight

Post by RalfNight »

What this mod do? Its captcha? Its on confirm register, or posting?
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

RalfNight wrote: What this mod do? Its captcha? Its on confirm register, or posting?

Hmmm,you could try to read a few posts on page one:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... a#p2149373
psychobunny

Post by psychobunny »

not a bad mod! :D
ToXiQ

Post by ToXiQ »

will there a conversion for phpbb 3 rc1
ctinaw

Post by ctinaw »

Can I ask how you add someone to the "troll" list? Do you need their IP? Maybe I am just too new at the phpbb thing but I can only seem to find an IP of a user if they have posted but not if they have not posted yet - though even as we speak I have a bot signing up on my board right now.
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

ToXiQ wrote:will there a conversion for phpbb 3 rc1
I don't plan to make one since I don't plan to switch to phpBB 3 any time soon, I have too much time and effort invested in my current version. If someone else wants to make a conversion, feel free to get in touch!
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

ctinaw wrote:Can I ask how you add someone to the "troll" list? Do you need their IP? Maybe I am just too new at the phpbb thing but I can only seem to find an IP of a user if they have posted but not if they have not posted yet - though even as we speak I have a bot signing up on my board right now.
In the ACP panel in the user profile page an extra option is added to make a user a troll. Click and press OK, no brains needed :lol:
However, this is NOT a mod to keep robots off your site, there are other ways to do that, with robots.txt for example, and with more strict procedures for signing up in the first place.
spookydoo

Post by spookydoo »

Merlin Sythove wrote:
ctinaw wrote:Can I ask how you add someone to the "troll" list? Do you need their IP? Maybe I am just too new at the phpbb thing but I can only seem to find an IP of a user if they have posted but not if they have not posted yet - though even as we speak I have a bot signing up on my board right now.
In the ACP panel in the user profile page an extra option is added to make a user a troll. Click and press OK, no brains needed :lol:
However, this is NOT a mod to keep robots off your site, there are other ways to do that, with robots.txt for example, and with more strict procedures for signing up in the first place.
I'm not seeing where this function is listed in the ACP profile page of a user................ could you tell me what it is listed after please?
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

Hmmm, it is quite possible that my forum no longer reflects this exact mod. This is where I have stuff:

In the admin panel, user admin, ban control the two bottom sections are to make someone a troll or to remove trolls from the list.

In the admin panel, user admin, management, type user name and press show user, at the bottom I have a section with special admin-only fields like delete this user. There is an option to make a user a troll.

I'm positive at least one of these options was part of the original mod, an addition by Kalipo I'm sure.
M.O.B.

Post by M.O.B. »

Is there a way to add to this wonderful hack the ability to read the posts or replies the troll member has tried to post?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”