[2.0.20] Vote Manager

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
19%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 53

gold007eye

Post by gold007eye »

I wound up just removing it, because of all the problems (especially if you other styles). I didn't even download that other one that they mention, because to me that was more of a survey MOD then a voting MOD (from what I was reading about it.)
PokerTony

Post by PokerTony »

gold007eye wrote: I wound up just removing it, because of all the problems (especially if you other styles). I didn't even download that other one that they mention, because to me that was more of a survey MOD then a voting MOD (from what I was reading about it.)

It is more of a survey mod, in fact that's exactly what it is. But I found that it does basically the same thing as this mod... Allows people to change their answers, and shows who voted and how they voted and so on.

I think you'll like it if you try it.
gold007eye

Post by gold007eye »

I downloaded the newest version and read the readme.html file. I might try it out when I get home tonight and see if I like it.
bad_hex

Post by bad_hex »

I get the following error when trying to remove a user's vote:

Code: Select all

Could not query user information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'cacheDir' in 'where clause'

SELECT vote_option_text FROM phpbb_vote_results WHERE vote_id = 3 AND vote_option_id = cacheDir

Line : 385
File : vote_manage.php
I took a peek and it appears that the issue is around the $key variable.
gold007eye

Post by gold007eye »

"Unknown column" Would sound to me like the 'cacheDir' field is missing in the sql table. Have you checked out your tables?
bad_hex

Post by bad_hex »

Yeah. It looks like that foreach loop in the code there is getting corrupted or isn't set up correctly. I have no idea what is going on with it. I get strange results with that loop.
gold007eye

Post by gold007eye »

When I tried installing this I ran into a LOT of problems in the end (especially if you have other styles) so I just removed it and kept the standard voting system.
vrflyer

Post by vrflyer »

Tried to TEST ono your site got this instead:

Error in posting

DEBUG MODE

UPDATE phpbb_forums SET forum_posts = forum_posts + 1, forum_last_post_id = 59, forum_topics = forum_topics + 1 WHERE forum_id = 1

Line : 422
File : functions_post.php
:P
Always Under Construction !
Rumal

Post by Rumal »

Hello, sorry for my english, is to bad.
i´ve instaled this mod in my forum, version 2.0.21 and i´ve this problem:

Warning: Missing argument 14 for prepare_post() in /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php on line 93

Warning: Missing argument 15 for prepare_post() in /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php on line 93

Warning: Missing argument 16 for prepare_post() in /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php on line 93

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php:93) in /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/posting.php on line 689

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php:93) in /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 482

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php:93) in /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 484

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php:93) in /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 485
when I modify the function_post.php in this way (in the line 93):

//
// Prepare a message for posting
// 
function prepare_post(&$mode, &$post_data, &$bbcode_on, &$html_on, &$smilies_on, &$error_msg, &$username, &$bbcode_uid, &$subject, &$message, &$poll_title, &$poll_options, &$poll_length)//, &$poll_length_h, &$max_vote, &$undo_vote)
it does not appear an error, but it does not work well.
btw, I don´t use the subsilver theme, I use Cobalt 2.0.

Thanks!
there are only 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that no
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

You need to take that

)//
garbage out of the middle of that line
Rumal

Post by Rumal »

when I delete ")//" it appears the error...

Warning: Missing argument 14 for prepare_post() in /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php on line 93

Warning: Missing argument 15 for prepare_post() in /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php on line 93

Warning: Missing argument 16 for prepare_post() in /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php on line 93

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php:93) in /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/posting.php on line 689

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php:93) in /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 482

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php:93) in /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 484

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/functions_post.php:93) in /data/members/free/tripod/es/r/u/m/rumalteca/htdocs/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 485
there are only 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that no
Rumal

Post by Rumal »

somebody?
ptheyser

Post by ptheyser »

not sure if it's this mod or another mod that I had installed, but for some reason, I cannot change the permission to Vote to ALL. I tried uninstalling the mod by reverting the modified files to their backups that I made prior to installing this mod, still couldn't get it to allow ALL users to vote. I don't think the SQL queries did anything. Could anyone confirm this problem?

It seems that the mod author is MIA, so hopefully someone else could answer this.

Thanks
bandmom

Post by bandmom »

Great mod. I use it to manage volunteers for a high school band (people "vote" for the job they're willing to do -- like concessions, chaperone, and such). With this I can see who my volunteers are, they can see what they volunteered for, and they can unvolunteer, if necessary. Just what I needed.

I did notice a small bug.
I had a poll with 3 vote options. I didn't need the 2nd option, so I deleted it. The database had entries with vote_option_id of 1 and 3. Then I needed to add an option. The new option was added with vote_option_id of 3, giving me 2 entries with that option_id for the same vote_id. Only one of the 2 option_id = 3 items displayed. I tried adding again (and again), and got another entry with option_id = 3. I went into the database and manually deleted all unwanted options and set one of them to vote_option_id = 2, and everything was fine.

Thanks.
gracelessone

Post by gracelessone »

dirtymeat80 wrote: I must have goofed something bigtime, cause when anyone posts a poll, no one can vote on it.

I'm using CH, and a bunch of other mods as well, and will be happy to give you any code you might wanna peep.

I have the exact same problem, no errors, sql or otherwise, it just doesn't let anyone vote, admin, user, or guest.

I'm not using CH but I do have a heavily modded board.

Anyone know if soapergem is still supporting this?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”