[2.0.20] Vote Manager

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
19%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 53

Miki_29

Post by Miki_29 »

gracelessone wrote: I have the exact same problem, no errors, sql or otherwise, it just doesn't let anyone vote, admin, user, or guest.

I'm not using CH but I do have a heavily modded board.

I had that problem in one of my templates... I compared the files and it was missing this code:

Code: Select all

<tr>
				<td class="row2" colspan="2"><br clear="all" /><form method="POST" action="{S_POLL_ACTION}"><table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" border="0" align="center">
in the first two lines of viewtopic_poll_ballot.tpl

I added it and it now works just fine :wink:

Hope it helps...
gracelessone

Post by gracelessone »

thanks Miki, I'll try that!

:D
mariocaz

Post by mariocaz »

Well I will have to uninstall this Mod in my board, because still not working well and also I didn't have any support to fix my problems with it. :(

The author never returns. :cry:
Emufarmers

Post by Emufarmers »

I'm having a problem with this mod: It seems to work fine, but after some testing, I've discovered that, as soon as the original post in a poll thread (or the poll itself, since it's part of the post/thread), nobody else can vote or change his vote.

I have...Quite a lot of mods, but is this something that anybody else has experienced before? (And maybe I'm just missing the fix for it, then.)
IcyBlueJ

Post by IcyBlueJ »

Hi,

What should I change to fix this:

Thanks!
Jordan

*EDIT* Figured it out.
EzerchE

Post by EzerchE »

Some users open new account and gives vote to him/herselfs, cant we stop that? maybe cookie, ip, minimum post require etc...

please, we need that...
mariocaz

Post by mariocaz »

Support please!!!!! :cry: :(
EzerchE

Post by EzerchE »

i installed this mod and it works with this mod:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 44#2421744
ham1299

Post by ham1299 »

I like it. But, it doesn't work with the template I've been using. So, we're stuck in Subsilver for now, I guess. Is there a way to manually modify my other template (ezSerenity) to get it to work?

ETA: I used easyMod.
Heather
akiratw

Post by akiratw »

Hello,
I have been installed this mod. but there is a problem:
In viewtopic.php, it show the result page instead of vote options (I am sure I have NOT voted yet! ), there is also no message body on it.

Problem Page: http://jamuze.net/viewtopic.php?t=7

And here is my viewtopic.php: http://jamuze.net/‾hs-guitar/viewtopic.php.txt
zolja

Post by zolja »

I tryed to install this MOD with easymod, but ... error

help pls

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [posting.php] could not find:

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . VOTE_USERS_TABLE . " (vote_id, vote_user_id, vote_user_ip)

MOD script line #319 :: FAQ :: Report

soapergem

Post by soapergem »

So I come back and this is what I see. Damn. So apparently a lot of you are having troubles with my MOD. Skimming through all the comments, I saw at least a couple times mention of "heavily modded boards" and other MODs in use. In those cases, my best guess is that there's a conflict with (at least) one of your other MODs, and from the beginning, I said I wasn't going to deal with debugging other people's MODs (see the author notes). I haven't updated this MOD in some time; I made it when 2.0.19 was the newest release of phpBB, so I'm not sure about any compatibilty issues with 2.0.21.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but in the ZIP file, there's a folder labeled "contrib," which contains all the files from 2.0.19 pre-modded. I did this so that you could download a fresh install of 2.0.19 and literally drag and drop the premodded files in there. If it's not working, the general rule of thumb I have for you is this: install this MOD first, before all other MODs. If you have the time, test it out right then and there. Then if you add other MODs and find the same errors, guess where your problems are stemming from!

I did this as a side project for the University of Wisconsin Anime Club, to provide a simple way for us to vote and keep track of the votes. I thought it was a pretty cool idea, so I shared it here. But handling seven pages of support requests is not what I had in mind. Originally I had a few of you send me code via private message, and I apologize for being non-responsive after that, but doing support is really a full-time job, and with three web projects, full-time school, and part-time work, I just don't have time to deal with it.

Skimming through the posts, I saw a couple of people up in arms, enraged that I wasn't around. Well, this was a free service, so too bad for them. I have no patience for people who make angry demands regarding anything given to them for free. But I think the majority of the support requests seemed like honest and courteous cries for help, so I feel really bad about abandoning you all. But the fact remains that I just don't have time anymore; I have too much going on. Sorry guys.

But I will say this: I know my MOD works when it's installed properly. I can't guarantee it will play nice with all of the other MODs, but throwing it into a fresh install (at least with 2.0.19 or less, I can't vouch for higher than that) will ensure success. (Although I saw some post where the word "cacheDir" came up, and I've never enabled cacheing, so I'm not really sure what effect that has.) If all else fails, grab a fresh copy of phpBB and install it first.

But there is hope. Olympus (aka phpBB3) has native support for multiple-choice voting, so when that's released my MOD will be obsolete. But until then, as I said, sorry. I just don't have time.

And now the yelling and screaming commences...again...
gondee

Post by gondee »

Urgh, any idea what could cause this error?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /xxx/xxx/public_html/forum/posting.php on line 226
I've tried two multiple choice voting mods and I'm getting the same error on both. I've triple checked my edits and they're all correct. :?
rodndtube

Problems on Demo Page

Post by rodndtube »

I wanted to try the Vote Manager on the Demo page but was thwarted every time. I even had problem making a Reply Post on the Sticky thread. Not all the error messages were the same but here is one:

Error in posting

DEBUG MODE

UPDATE phpbb_forums SET forum_posts = forum_posts + 1, forum_last_post_id = 91 WHERE forum_id = 1

Line : 422
File : functions_post.php

Here is another example:

Error in posting

General Error

Error in posting

DEBUG MODE

UPDATE phpbb_forums SET forum_posts = forum_posts + 1, forum_last_post_id = 94 WHERE forum_id = 1

Line : 422
File : functions_post.php
vr/Rod
slickerslick

Post by slickerslick »

hello :D

we have installed this mod, but polls dont work:

nobody cant vote!

the only way i've found to get vote working is to change vote_max directly into database.
the problem is that the default value for vote_max should be 1 and it still 0 in the database.

is there anyway to get that fixed ?
i dont think it should be very hard to fix, but im not php expert nor sql.

btw, i dont really need vote_max so maybe if i delete everything related to vote_max ... but i dont really know how.

can someone help ?
thanks

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”