[2.0.20] ConfusaBOT ACP

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
56%
Very Good
6%
Good
19%
Fair
6%
Poor
13%

Total votes: 16

ryan1918dotcom
I've Been Banned!

Post by ryan1918dotcom » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:50 am

I'm testing this out now, hopefully it stops this dang bots!
http://www.ryan1918.com More than security.

ryan1918dotcom
I've Been Banned!

Post by ryan1918dotcom » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:17 am

my left side of the admin panel is gone, and I did everything exactly.. or I thought.. ?

espicom

Post by espicom » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:39 am

What does your server error log say? Usually, when the left side goes away, it's because of a syntax error... although, most of the time, you just lose items from your left side menu (as I did a few days ago... :roll: )
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP
Support requests via PM are ignored!
"To be fully alive is to feel that everything is possible." - Eric Hoffer

Skywriter

Post by Skywriter » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:26 pm

nice mod... congrulations

EvilArcana

Post by EvilArcana » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:02 pm

Had no problems installing this mod...hope it helps.

BGC Mackey

Post by BGC Mackey » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:34 am

To increase the effectiveness of this, I would also recomend changing the 'disagree' link to look similar to the agree link (and then do a redirect to the index page in usercp_register.php). In addition, the text of the link itself should be changable - this way you could reword them (ex. 'This agreement is not for me' and 'I'm ok with this')

Of course, doing bot-checking here will never be 100% - the bot can just blindly try one link and if it dosn't work, try the others... Or, if the link order dosn't change, always follow the first/second/Nth link...

/mackey

ryan1918dotcom
I've Been Banned!

Post by ryan1918dotcom » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:56 pm

Thanks, mod works great and reduces spam ALOT. way to go!

delicata

Post by delicata » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:30 pm

I have added this mod but do not see the lines in the ACP that are supposed to be there.

DB updated ok and I use only SubSilver template. Any ideas?
John - Delicata Designs
Tel: +44 (0) 7930 343276 | Fax: +44 (0) 7092 004104

Supporter of:
Independent Web Designers Portal | Mini Tutorials

delicata

Post by delicata » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:17 pm

delicata wrote: I have added this mod but do not see the lines in the ACP that are supposed to be there.

DB updated ok and I use only SubSilver template. Any ideas?

I think I found the fix for this.

The install instructions say add this to the db

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name,config_value) VALUES ('agreed_var','IAmInAgreement');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name,config_value) VALUES ('agreed_val','Yes');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name,config_value) VALUES ('coppa_var','Under13');
and the first edit is adding this to admin/admin_board.php

'L_AGREED_VAR' => $lang['Agreed_Var'],
	'L_AGREED_VAR_EXPLAIN' => $lang['Agreed_Var_explain'], 
	'L_AGREED_VAL' => $lang['Agreed_Val'],
	'L_AGREED_VAL_EXPLAIN' => $lang['Agreed_Val_explain'], 
	'L_COPPA_VAR' => $lang['Coppa_Var'],
	'L_COPPA_VAR_EXPLAIN' => $lang['Coppa_Var_explain'], 
Note the change in case for the values. DB inserts are lowercase and file edits are UPPERCASE. I changed all file edits to lowercase and it now shows up in the ACP.

HTH
John - Delicata Designs

Supporter of:

espicom

Post by espicom » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:03 am

delicata wrote: I think I found the fix for this.

Wait - you're confusing things here. The SQL is for the SQL, and the template variables are for the templates. Case matching is done for you... Changing things should break it, not fix it.
'L_AGREED_VAR' => $lang['Agreed_Var'],
'L_AGREED_VAR_EXPLAIN' => $lang['Agreed_Var_explain'],
'L_AGREED_VAL' => $lang['Agreed_Val'],
'L_AGREED_VAL_EXPLAIN' => $lang['Agreed_Val_explain'],
'L_COPPA_VAR' => $lang['Coppa_Var'],
'L_COPPA_VAR_EXPLAIN' => $lang['Coppa_Var_explain'],

If you changed case of the variable names in blue above, that affects finding them in the lang_admin.php file; if you changed case on the ones in red, that makes them invisible in the template... Unless you messed up the case in those other files.
Jeff
Fixing 1016/1030/1034 Errors | (obsolete link) | MySQL 4.1/5.x Client Error | phpBBv2 Logo in ACP

delicata

Post by delicata » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:12 am

espicom wrote: If you changed case of the variable names in blue above, that affects finding them in the lang_admin.php file; if you changed case on the ones in red, that makes them invisible in the template... Unless you messed up the case in those other files.

I changed the case across all the files and it now displays in the ACP. As it was it was not displaying at all. Did I do a bad?
John - Delicata Designs

Supporter of:

espicom

Post by espicom » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:28 am

If you matched everything, then it's "OK", just not per the MOD. The naming of the variables was chosen to be in conformance with PHPBB coding standards... you're not bound by them, so it's up to you. :wink:
Jeff

lappert

Post by lappert » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:15 pm

So I just installed this mod with EZM on 2.0.21. The install seemed to work OK, no hiccups. I went through and made sure all the subsilver files were in my template, which was not that different in the first place.

Things seem to be OK. I did a test registration and it worked OK. No bot attempts in the last few hours.

But you've mentioned several times that you monitor bot attempts. How do you do that? Other than server logs, is there any way to see failed attempts?

One other question. On Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:24 am, you referred to some changes that were not in the file (or did I read that wrong?) I liiked at that file and could not find the parts under 'find.' Did I miss something there, or does the most recent version of the mod incorporate that?

espicom

Post by espicom » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:59 pm

The code mentioned on 17 November is part of the MOD - it was just something that n1h had missed when doing the MOD the first time. What is searched for is at line 895 of an unmodified v2.0.21 includes/usercp_register.php, but probably a different line number by the time you get to it, due to other MODs... :wink:

For logging what is sent for registration, I use simple code:

$xlogfn = "/home/mydirectory/registration.log";
$xloginfo = sprintf("%s\n%s\n%s\n%s\n",
		date("[Y-m-d H:i:s]"),
		$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"],
		print_r($_GET,true),
		print_r($_POST,true));
$xlogfp = @fopen($xlogfn,"a");
@fputs($xlogfp,$xloginfo);
@fclose($xlogfp);
It is inserted just before this line in profile.php:

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/usercp_register.'.$phpEx);
$xlogfn must be a file in a location that is legal for the web server to write, and preferably not where anyone can reach with a browser. If you can't accomplish this, you should change the code to post the information to a special table in the database, instead. It hasn't been important to me, because I have full control over the servers, and this code was for my purposes, not general distribution. The @ signs in front of the function calls are so that no error messages are displayed to give information away, if an error should happen to occur.
Jeff

mmkayle

Post by mmkayle » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:50 pm

My board is version 2.0.21. A couple of questions about the change to SQL. I have never done that before, so I want to be sure I've got it right. The MOD file says
#-----[ SQL ]-------------------------------------------
#
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name,config_value) VALUES ('agreed_var','IAmInAgreement');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name,config_value) VALUES ('agreed_val','Yes');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name,config_value) VALUES ('coppa_var','Under13');
#

I have posted a screen shot of the myphpadmin file page which I think is where I should make the changes required by the MOD. The URL is http://www.zoofence.org/sql.gif. If that is the wrong page, please tell me. If it is the right page, do I leave "Function" blank, or should I select one of the dozen or so choices in the Function drop-down list? And if so, which one (the screen shot at http://www.zoofence.org/sql.gif shows the full drop-down list). Then, am I right that I enter
('agreed_var','IAmInAgreement');
at "Value" for config_name and config_value, then select "Insert another new row" and click "GO", after which I insert the next two changes in the same way?

Finally, when the new version of phpBB is released, will I need to undo these changes, or will they be compatible with the new version? Or does that question make no sense?

Thank you! I really do appreciate the help.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”