[05/02/07] Profile guestbook

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
59%
Very Good
28%
Good
10%
Fair
3%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 29

jehzlau
Name: Jehzeel Laurente

Post by jehzlau »

brandsrus wrote:
jehzlau wrote:After editing the usercp_viewprofile.php of this MOD, I have encountered an error that states:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare load_bbcode_template() (previously declared in c:\appserv\www\savantboards\includes\bbcode.php:45) in c:\appserv\www\savantboards\includes\bbcode.php on line 43

need help of how to fix this kind of error :( i hope anyone would like to help :(
Have you installed a mod that changes the bbcode system?

Oh my.. i cant remember, i think i have installed 30+ mods already.. I better check it out :) thanks a lot ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bri wrote: I know this is an old mod but just wanna say it rocks! - Thanks :D

Oh and this made me smile - lol:
Cardcaptor Stacey wrote:How do you manually install it? I'm in no rush for a reply

Will install mods for cash as a sig but in the same breath asking how to manually install :lol:

I agree Bri, its insanely funny.. hehehe ^_^
JulieJesta

Post by JulieJesta »

hiya,
i'd like to install this, but am a bit nervous becuase of the number of errors ive seen reviewing thisa topic.
i've got several themes on my forum, and i use easymod. my other mods are birthdays, mph, hide zero posters, extreme sytles, forum auth by post count, faq editor, inline adverts...........
any of those conflict with this. and does anyone have a link to a live board i can view this on please? i wont post... just want to have a good look at it
Julie, Mum to 1 boy, 1 boyfriend, and many fluffy pets. :)
http://www.parentstime.co.uk
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

Without errors i cannot help you.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development
JulieJesta

Post by JulieJesta »

what i mean is i have been reading this topic. alot of other forum admins have had problems after installing your mod, conflicts with other mods. is it known to run along side the mods i've mentioned? or is it at my own risk?
jerx

Post by jerx »

JulieJesta wrote: what i mean is i have been reading this topic. alot of other forum admins have had problems after installing your mod, conflicts with other mods. is it known to run along side the mods i've mentioned? or is it at my own risk?

I don' t think anybody but you can answer this question. Since you are not using a standard phpbb and you don' t seem to use a premodded version, too, your forum is unique. Even if people are running a phpbb with the same mods installed, their forums might act differently, because they are running different server software.

It is no surprise that people post problems when they have many mods installed. This is not the fault of the mod author. He cannot take care of any possible setup. Usually mods are written for a vanilla phpbb only.

paul999 seems to be a very helpful guy, so you might want to take the plunge. I can only advise you to backup your database and all your files before modding your forum. You might also consider setting up a test forum. If you are modding a life site, you need to be sure that you can handle all problems. It doesn' t look like you do, so putting up a test forum should be mandatory for you.

And there' s no guarantee for any mod. You will only get a guarantee if you pay someone for support/or coding a mod for you. You cannot expect this kind of service for opensource/voluntary work, although many mod authors provide excellent support.
Paul

Post by Paul »

MOD Updated to version 1.0.8a
See first post for Download Link
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

Paul

Post by Paul »

Mod has been updated to the new version, Please update.
Within this version there is a new feature, for placing the guestbook on a new page. Documantation about that will be posted later.
There aren't many changes, mostly bugfixes.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

jehzlau
Name: Jehzeel Laurente

Post by jehzlau »

you can visit my site JulieJesta, my profile guestbook is working there... ;) check my sig ^_^
Anikie

Damn...another noob moment for me!

Post by Anikie »

Hello, I installed this mod with easymod..and I get this message when I click profile of any member.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class guestbook in /home/reddem0n/public_html/sin/includes/functions_guestbook.php on line 11

What am I to do :?:
"Oh !sh...its that what is suppose look like?"
"Well there is one logical explanation for this...

I fu@k3d up."
Paul

Post by Paul »

Do you has updated, or a new install?
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

Anikie

Post by Anikie »

EDIT: All problems fixed already, thanks anyway.
"Oh !sh...its that what is suppose look like?"
"Well there is one logical explanation for this...

I fu@k3d up."
JulieJesta

Post by JulieJesta »

jehzlau wrote: you can visit my site JulieJesta, my profile guestbook is working there... ;) check my sig ^_^

ace, that rocks!
acid tech templates too. :)
jerx

Post by jerx »

Do bots start to spam the profile guestbook? There are many weird entries on jehzlau' s profile.
Paul

Post by Paul »

jerx wrote: Do bots start to spam the profile guestbook? There are many weird entries on jehzlau' s profile.
Yes, they do. Iam busy with implantating a VC into the guestbook, but that costs some time.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

jerx

Post by jerx »

Damn, I hate these spammers. Unfortunately all the spam seems to be effective. People should refrain from buying from any spammer, this might stop them doing so.

Thanks for your hard work on this wonderful mod!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”