[Tool] phpBB 2.0.20 to phpBB 2.0.21 Changes

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
53%
Very Good
12%
Good
29%
Fair
No votes
Poor
6%

Total votes: 17

asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:00 am

ruler wrote: ok thanks for that. i have already deleted the MOD folder in phpbb/admin/mods and i havent used the install yet. hope i havent goofed this up :lol: thanks again

That's not a problem. Just get the 2.0.21 upgrade mod again and copy the install folder from it so that the install folder appears directly under your phpbb2 folder (the folder structure needs to be phpbb2/install/update_to_latest.php, but obviously if you have renamed your phpbb2 root folder to something other than phpbb2 you should use whatever your root phpbb2 name is).

When you run update_to_latest.php the way I told you, all it does is to update ypur database for 2.0.21 (which has nothing to do with the files you already modified)...so everything should work smoothly.

ruler
I've Been Banned!

Post by ruler » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:05 am

This MOD has saved me so much work and time, brilliant :) i voted exelent :wink:

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:05 am

ruler wrote: hey it worked :lol: thanks, now i am happy :)

Wow, if that's all it takes to make you happy your girlfriend/wife is very lucky ;)

Glad it worked.

Lill-Micke

Post by Lill-Micke » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:24 pm

Hi!

Can I use this update to my phpBB2 Plus 1.52?

//Micke

greengatored

Post by greengatored » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:57 am

I've been trying to update my board for the longest to this latest version. I try this mod n make all the edit but when i run the update, it give me this error.

Code: Select all

Warning: main(./../extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/C/L/U/CLUBCREOLE/html/forum/update_to_latest.php on line 46

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/C/L/U/CLUBCREOLE/html/forum/update_to_latest.php on line 46

Warning: main(./../config.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/C/L/U/CLUBCREOLE/html/forum/update_to_latest.php on line 47

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../config.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/C/L/U/CLUBCREOLE/html/forum/update_to_latest.php on line 47
Please read: INSTALL.html before attempting to update.
the board seems to be running ok now and it still says that i'm running phpBB 2.0.20. Can anyone help me with this issue?

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:44 am

Where did you put the update to latest file? You are supposed. To copy the install file (with the update_to_latest.php file in it) to your rgular phpbb root directory and then browse to [your regular forum address]/install/update_to_latest.php. If you separated the update_to_latest..php file from the install directory you did it wrong and should try it again.

greengatored

Post by greengatored » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:41 am

asinshesq wrote: Where did you put the update to latest file? You are supposed. To copy the install file (with the update_to_latest.php file in it) to your rgular phpbb root directory and then browse to [your regular forum address]/install/update_to_latest.php. If you separated the update_to_latest..php file from the install directory you did it wrong and should try it again.

thanks you for the heads' up. It's updated now.

mpolo

Post by mpolo » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:56 pm

I need to upgrade from 2.0.6 to 2.0.21. What's the procedure? Do I need to go through each one, or is the "2.0.6_to_2.0.21" file in the "2.0.21 changed files" download the ticket?

Also, I've never updated and am not exactly an expert here. Can I just copy files over manually from the update file location to the correct server location or are the file deletes that also have to happen?

Finally: subSilver has been modified on my current 2.0.6 install. How can I be sure to retain the modifications in the update process?

frank44

Post by frank44 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:02 pm

In sessions it's asking me to replace this:

setcookie($cookiename . '_data', serialize($sessiondata), $current_time + 31536000, $cookiepath, $cookiedomain, $cookiesecure);
					setcookie($cookiename . '_sid', $session_id, 0, $cookiepath, $cookiedomain, $cookiesecure);
				}
with this:

// Add the session_key to the userdata array if it is set
				if ( isset($sessiondata['autologinid']) && $sessiondata['autologinid'] != '' )
				{
					$userdata['session_key'] = $sessiondata['autologinid'];
				}
But I have this for the code:
setcookie($cookiename . '_data', serialize($sessiondata), $current_time + 31536000, $cookiepath, $cookiedomain, $cookiesecure);
setcookie($cookiename . '_sid', $session_id, 0, $cookiepath, $cookiedomain, $cookiesecure);

$SID = $user_id > 0 ? 'sid=' . $session_id : '';

return $userdata;

}

Should I ignore the extra red code and just add the new code after?

What exactly is happening with the new code in sessions?

buntyindia

Post by buntyindia » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:55 am

Please help.

The mod installed fine without any errors but now when I access my forum I get the follow error;

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: phpbb_ltrim() in /Library/WebServer/Documents/forum/includes/functions.php on line 331

Help!

Thanks.
=====================
Knowledge Is Power Share It

S. Stevens

Re: [Tool] phpBB 2.0.20 to phpBB 2.0.21 Changes

Post by S. Stevens » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:14 pm

Got this to go though successfully, but it's now telling me to delete install_contrib...which I can't seem to find ANYWHERE!

Someone help me as to the location of this file?

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:09 am

S. Stevens wrote:Got this to go though successfully, but it's now telling me to delete install_contrib...which I can't seem to find ANYWHERE!

Someone help me as to the location of this file?
Did anyone ever get back to you? If not: that message is telling you to delete the install folder and the contrib folder (if it exists) that appear in the root phpbb2 folder.

This upgrade mod comes with an install folder that you put in your root phpbb2 folder and that's what you need to delete or you won't be able to use your board. Once you delete it, you should be fine.

S. Stevens

Post by S. Stevens » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:46 pm

No, never heard back, but I figured it out. Because the message uses underscores instead of and/or, I was a bit confused. Everything is working fine. Thanks.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”