Page 4 of 6

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:42 pm
by Ruroshin
I'm having the quote problem too.

It works in normal posting but doesn't work in PM.

i.e. in PM

Code: Select all

[quote="user"]blah[/quote]
doesn't work but

Code: Select all

[quote]blah[/quote]
works ok.

I don't have that extra $message statement in the functions_post.php and it does work in normal posting. I've search all the functions file for quote related stuff but can't figure it out.

I'm using PCP mod, any ideas?

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:39 am
by Saeru
Note you can't save smily packs with 21. Gives off an error.

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:53 am
by oopanda
Hi guys, could someone kindly point me to the right direction in using this? I've used many mods by means of EasyMod, when I put it under mods, it recognizes it. Then when I click Process, it gives me this error:

Code: Select all

Function Trace: main[1]->modio_prep[2]
FTP ERROR: login failed
Is this to do with the host perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it. :) My host changed servers and therefore different host.

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:00 am
by ohlookitspaul
I'm having the same problem as on the first page where all I have is a blank page show up. What can I do?

That guy said "The last update and this update share the same files as ones being edited which caused the confusion. Thanks for the help."

I have no idea what that means though. I am fairly new at working with phpbb.

EDIT - I restored the database and remodded all of the files back to 2.0.20, it's still giving me the same error. Can anyone help??

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:32 am
by asinshesq
ohlookitspaul wrote: I'm having the same problem as on the first page where all I have is a blank page show up. What can I do?

That guy said "The last update and this update share the same files as ones being edited which caused the confusion. Thanks for the help."

I have no idea what that means though. I am fairly new at working with phpbb.

EDIT - I restored the database and remodded all of the files back to 2.0.20, it's still giving me the same error. Can anyone help??


You made a mistake when you upgraded (typo, put chagne in wrong place, etc.). Openup your php error log (if you are on a host ask their support how to get access to your php error log) and it will probably tell you where the problem is.

Alternatively you could start with a fresh copy of 2.0.21.

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:23 pm
by Peter_E

Code: Select all

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/functions.php] could not find:

return substr($val, 16); 
I couldn't find this line in my functions.php in any version. How can I go on? Delete this command from the MOD?

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:42 pm
by sgrayban
I think its suppose to be

Code: Select all

return substr($val, 4, 16);
around line 144.

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:44 pm
by yida83
after updating, my users complained of slow in loadin of pages. anyone experience this ?

Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:52 pm
by sgrayban
Nope.

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:00 pm
by Peter_E
Peter_E wrote:

Code: Select all

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/functions.php] could not find:

return substr($val, 16); 
I couldn't find this line in my functions.php in any version. How can I go on? Delete this command from the MOD?


Sorry, this file hadn't been upgraded to v. 2.0.20.

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:02 am
by gamberger
forget about it! I had a problem, but it seems that now my forum is working perfectly!

Mod to 2.0.21

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:50 pm
by hoov34
I used the mod and it seemed to work fine with EASYMOD. The odd thing is that now when I go into the admin index it still tells me that I have the old 2.0.20 version? What might I have missed?

Re: Mod to 2.0.21

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:56 pm
by asinshesq
hoov34 wrote: I used the mod and it seemed to work fine with EASYMOD. The odd thing is that now when I go into the admin index it still tells me that I have the old 2.0.20 version? What might I have missed?


After you install the mod, you need to run the script that updates your database. You do that like this: copy the install directory from a regular clean set of phpbb2 files into your phpbb2 directory, then browse to [your_site_address]/install/update_to_latest.php. That should run a script and tell you all is done. Once it's done, you need to delete the install directory or noone will be able to log in.

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:15 pm
by hoov34
Worked perfectly!! Thanks so much your your fast and correct response!

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:39 am
by WarriorPrincess
ok... this may seem like a dumb question...

but the post states....
Please ensure you read the INSTALL and README documents in docs/ before proceeding with installation or updates!.


I have downloaded the code changes as I have a heavily modded board... but all I have is the update to latest.php and the phpbb 20 - 21.txt

where are the instructions for what I need to do??