[2.0.21] Show Last Visited Users

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
16
73%
Very Good
1
5%
Good
3
14%
Fair
1
5%
Poor
1
5%
 
Total votes: 22

User avatar
Toho_NL
Registered User
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:31 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Post by Toho_NL »

Hi, I have just installed the Search Bot Indexing MOD and would like to add the possibility to show them in the last 24 hours-part. The link to this MOD is: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=397001 Do you think this is possible?

I hope you can help me.

Best regards,

Toho_NL.

chatasos
Registered User
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 1:16 pm
Location: Paralia

Post by chatasos »

Aztec Summer wrote:
chatasos wrote:You can use either the contrib/install.txt file (plain text, easymod compatible) or the modx-install.xml file (html).

PS: I wouldn't recommend installing it manually if this is your first mod.


Thank You!

I'm am at the bottom of the Mod, and I'm stuck! 8O

I don't know what (en-gb) means after the Comment to open templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl, and am beginning to think it is important to solving the mystery (to me) below.

I do have this line, in the above file:
<td class="row1" align="center" valign="middle" rowspan="2">
but, I don't have this line:
-- <td class="row1" align="center" valign="middle" rowspan="{%:1}">
and can't find this:
-- "{%:1}" - anywhere. I don't understand. :?


The "{%:1}" thing is just a pseudo-variable used here to define a number. "2" is the default number but others may have changed it to "3" or whatever else, so we use this way of representing it.
If you have a look the phpbb kb article "how to install a mod" you'll find more info about it.

The "en-gb" is just the language used for comments in modx files. No need to deal with it.

Report Posts 1.2.3c (MODDB) - Report Posts 2.1.5 (ALPHA)
Rebuild Search 2.4.0 (MODDB)
MOD Version Checker 1.2.0 (MODDB)
Mega Mail System 0.9.8 (ALPHA)
Pagination Select List & Input Box (MODDB)

Aztec Summer
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:59 pm
Contact:

Post by Aztec Summer »

chatasos wrote:
Aztec Summer wrote:
chatasos wrote:You can use either the contrib/install.txt file (plain text, easymod compatible) or the modx-install.xml file (html).

PS: I wouldn't recommend installing it manually if this is your first mod.


Thank You!

I'm am at the bottom of the Mod, and I'm stuck! 8O

I don't know what (en-gb) means after the Comment to open templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl, and am beginning to think it is important to solving the mystery (to me) below.

I do have this line, in the above file:
<td class="row1" align="center" valign="middle" rowspan="2">
but, I don't have this line:
-- <td class="row1" align="center" valign="middle" rowspan="{%:1}">
and can't find this:
-- "{%:1}" - anywhere. I don't understand. :?


The "{%:1}" thing is just a pseudo-variable used here to define a number. "2" is the default number but others may have changed it to "3" or whatever else, so we use this way of representing it.
If you have a look the phpbb kb article "how to install a mod" you'll find more info about it.

The "en-gb" is just the language used for comments in modx files. No need to deal with it.


Thank you for helping me resolve this issue. :D I've finished the install and the mod is running beautifully across 3 different styles (Glass2, SubSilver and MYDev). I even tweaked the Language file to add a more personal feel to the wording...A brilliant addition to the Index/Who Is Online.

:?: Is there a way to make the member names static...like not click to their profile (just from that one spot)?

Cheers!

angryhobbit
Registered User
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:20 am
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Post by angryhobbit »

This mod installed fine through easyMod but there is an issue with it messing up with the layout of the forum.

Here is a screenshot of the area that is messed up layout wise. I know this is within the index_body.tpl of each style installed including subsilver.

http://freakusa.com/phpBB2/08-16-06%20issue.jpg

Ajnabi
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:28 am

Post by Ajnabi »

Used Easymod to install... Worked nicely!

Had to do a couple template changes myself on my custom template! Nonetheless, very nice mod :)

angryhobbit
Registered User
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:20 am
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Update

Post by angryhobbit »

angryhobbit wrote: This mod installed fine through easyMod but there is an issue with it messing up with the layout of the forum.

Here is a screenshot of the area that is messed up layout wise. I know this is within the index_body.tpl of each style installed including subsilver.

http://freakusa.com/phpBB2/08-16-06%20issue.jpg


I have been working with this a lot since I posted this message. I kept getting closer and closer but not solving the issues. I even directly emailed the creator of this mod about 4 days ago and still have not gotten a response. So much for supporting mods.

The solution I finally came up with was removing a closing and following opening tr tag. Once I removed it and uploaded the newly modified file I verified that it messed up the layout even more.

Then I went back in and added the exact same tags I just removed back into the HTML code and it fixed everything. Very strange indeed but it solved this issue.

chatasos
Registered User
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 1:16 pm
Location: Paralia

Post by chatasos »

Aztec Summer wrote: :?: Is there a way to make the member names static...like not click to their profile (just from that one spot)?

Cheers!


If i understand correctly and you want to remove the links from usernames, then in file "includes/page_header.php":

1) replace

Code: Select all

$user_link = '<a href="' . append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . "=" . $row['user_id']) . '"' . $style_color .'>' . $row['username'] . '</a>';
with

Code: Select all

$user_link = $row['username'];
2) replace

Code: Select all

$user_link = '<a href="' . append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . "=" . $row['user_id']) . '"' . $style_color .'><i>' . $row['username'] . '</i></a>';
with

Code: Select all

$user_link = '<i>' . $row['username'] . '</i>';


Report Posts 1.2.3c (MODDB) - Report Posts 2.1.5 (ALPHA)
Rebuild Search 2.4.0 (MODDB)
MOD Version Checker 1.2.0 (MODDB)
Mega Mail System 0.9.8 (ALPHA)
Pagination Select List & Input Box (MODDB)

chatasos
Registered User
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 1:16 pm
Location: Paralia

Re: Update

Post by chatasos »

angryhobbit wrote:
angryhobbit wrote:This mod installed fine through easyMod but there is an issue with it messing up with the layout of the forum.

Here is a screenshot of the area that is messed up layout wise. I know this is within the index_body.tpl of each style installed including subsilver.

http://freakusa.com/phpBB2/08-16-06%20issue.jpg


I have been working with this a lot since I posted this message. I kept getting closer and closer but not solving the issues. I even directly emailed the creator of this mod about 4 days ago and still have not gotten a response. So much for supporting mods.

The solution I finally came up with was removing a closing and following opening tr tag. Once I removed it and uploaded the newly modified file I verified that it messed up the layout even more.

Then I went back in and added the exact same tags I just removed back into the HTML code and it fixed everything. Very strange indeed but it solved this issue.


While on vacation, it's a little bit difficult to support anything... :wink:

Anyway, i'm glad you figured it out by yourself 8)

Report Posts 1.2.3c (MODDB) - Report Posts 2.1.5 (ALPHA)
Rebuild Search 2.4.0 (MODDB)
MOD Version Checker 1.2.0 (MODDB)
Mega Mail System 0.9.8 (ALPHA)
Pagination Select List & Input Box (MODDB)

angryhobbit
Registered User
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:20 am
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: Update

Post by angryhobbit »

chatasos wrote:
angryhobbit wrote:
angryhobbit wrote:This mod installed fine through easyMod but there is an issue with it messing up with the layout of the forum.

Here is a screenshot of the area that is messed up layout wise. I know this is within the index_body.tpl of each style installed including subsilver.

http://freakusa.com/phpBB2/08-16-06%20issue.jpg


I have been working with this a lot since I posted this message. I kept getting closer and closer but not solving the issues. I even directly emailed the creator of this mod about 4 days ago and still have not gotten a response. So much for supporting mods.

The solution I finally came up with was removing a closing and following opening tr tag. Once I removed it and uploaded the newly modified file I verified that it messed up the layout even more.

Then I went back in and added the exact same tags I just removed back into the HTML code and it fixed everything. Very strange indeed but it solved this issue.


While on vacation, it's a little bit difficult to support anything... :wink:

Anyway, i'm glad you figured it out by yourself 8)


I was not aware you were on vacation. Did you have a good time?

mnp13
Registered User
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:48 pm
Contact:

Post by mnp13 »

easy mod didn't like it, so I did it by hand.

One problem - my Admins and Mods are not showing up in the right colors in the list. what did I miss?
Michelle

chatasos
Registered User
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 1:16 pm
Location: Paralia

Post by chatasos »

mnp13 wrote: easy mod didn't like it, so I did it by hand.

One problem - my Admins and Mods are not showing up in the right colors in the list. what did I miss?

Have you installed any other mod that might have changed their colors?

Report Posts 1.2.3c (MODDB) - Report Posts 2.1.5 (ALPHA)
Rebuild Search 2.4.0 (MODDB)
MOD Version Checker 1.2.0 (MODDB)
Mega Mail System 0.9.8 (ALPHA)
Pagination Select List & Input Box (MODDB)

mnp13
Registered User
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:48 pm
Contact:

Post by mnp13 »

chatasos wrote:
mnp13 wrote:easy mod didn't like it, so I did it by hand.

One problem - my Admins and Mods are not showing up in the right colors in the list. what did I miss?

Have you installed any other mod that might have changed their colors?


I don't think so... where do I check the colors? I think I changed them at some point, but for the life of me I can't remember where.
Michelle

Aztec Summer
Registered User
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:59 pm
Contact:

Post by Aztec Summer »

chatasos wrote:
Aztec Summer wrote: :?: Is there a way to make the member names static...like not click to their profile (just from that one spot)?

Cheers!


If i understand correctly and you want to remove the links from usernames, then in file "includes/page_header.php":

1) replace

Code: Select all

$user_link = '<a href="' . append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . "=" . $row['user_id']) . '"' . $style_color .'>' . $row['username'] . '</a>';
with

Code: Select all

$user_link = $row['username'];
2) replace

Code: Select all

$user_link = '<a href="' . append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=viewprofile&" . POST_USERS_URL . "=" . $row['user_id']) . '"' . $style_color .'><i>' . $row['username'] . '</i></a>';
with

Code: Select all

$user_link = '<i>' . $row['username'] . '</i>';



Thank You, chatasos! That's exactly what I wanted to do. 8)

User avatar
Chiva Fighter
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:25 pm
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Post by Chiva Fighter »

One question.... when I making the donwload of the zip file.. the install.txt inthere is a mess.. is there any other place where I can get it?

10x

chatasos
Registered User
Posts: 748
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 1:16 pm
Location: Paralia

Post by chatasos »

Chiva Fighter wrote: One question.... when I making the donwload of the zip file.. the install.txt inthere is a mess.. is there any other place where I can get it?

10x

What exactly do you mean by "mess"?
"install.txt" should be a simple text file.

Report Posts 1.2.3c (MODDB) - Report Posts 2.1.5 (ALPHA)
Rebuild Search 2.4.0 (MODDB)
MOD Version Checker 1.2.0 (MODDB)
Mega Mail System 0.9.8 (ALPHA)
Pagination Select List & Input Box (MODDB)

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”