[2.0.21] User Shield

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
79%
Very Good
12%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
2%

Total votes: 66

will_hough
Former Team Member
Name: Will Hough

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield

Post by will_hough »

thecomputergal wrote:I am also having the problem with not being able to delete spammers in the User Shield inactive users window. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Thanks!
Did you run the SQL?
thecomputergal

Post by thecomputergal »

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean "run the SQL." I installed the User Shield mod to give the guy who deletes the spammers a quick way to do it. Now we can't delete from that window because of a missing group id. The problem started all the sudden about two weeks ago.
will_hough
Former Team Member

Post by will_hough »

thecomputergal wrote:Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean "run the SQL." I installed the User Shield mod to give the guy who deletes the spammers a quick way to do it. Now we can't delete from that window because of a missing group id. The problem started all the sudden about two weeks ago.
The MOD was working fine and now it's not?
thecomputergal

Post by thecomputergal »

Yes, that's correct. We have been using User Shield for a number of months, and it has been a great tool for dumping spammers. We have our forum set so that folks have to be approved before they can post. But, they were still showing up in the Memberlist before they were approved. User Shield hides them until they are approved.

It's my guess that someone has figured out how to get in the list without a Group ID; so, the delete function fails. I was wondering if anyone had built a patch or found some other solution.

Wolf has always given great responses to questions, but he doesn't seem to be available any more.

Thanks for your response!
will_hough
Former Team Member

Post by will_hough »

Has anyone been messing with files, installing MODs?
ChakraGoddess

Re:

Post by ChakraGoddess »

Wo1f wrote: [*]Using the XML installation file type:
  1. Extract "install_user_shield_v1_x_x.xml" along with "modx.subsilver.en.xsl" into the same folder on your local machine
  2. Launch the XML installation file (double-click on "install_user_shield_v1_x_x.xml"), to display it's content in your default browser
  3. Follow the installation instructions until completion
  4. When done, proceed with #2 (Database update)
  5. You can safely ignore the [SQL] action at the beginning of the installation file (will be taken care of in step #2)
  6. You can safely ignore the TXT installation file type in the zip package
[/list]
hi Wolf,

Got the file unzipped alright (yes!) but the .xml file is reading as an error when I try and open it. Got anything easier? ;-)
will_hough
Former Team Member

Post by will_hough »

There is a text file thats easy to use.

contrib/install_user_shield_v1_2_1.txt
charmedseed

Post by charmedseed »

I'm trying to install with EasyMod, having followed the instructions on the first post of this thread. But I keep getting this error message:
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [memberlist.php] could not find:

WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS;

MOD script line #281 :: FAQ :: Report
I've made sure to CHMOD to 755 on the folder, what else should I do?
thecomputergal

Post by thecomputergal »

Will,

Back to not being able to delete new users in the User Shield Mode, no, there were no files changed. In fact, I did a test and registered a test account. I was able to delete that particular account.

It seems that User Shield creates a query ?mode=inactive on the memberlist.php file. When that particular query string is passed in, each member has a checkbox by their name that is supposed to allow choice to delete.

However, those entries that are spammers don't allow for deleting. Also the Select All and Unselect All links don't work. I'm guessing that there is a new programming twist in the programming the spammers are using that bypasses the default group_id field entry, leaving it empty. That causes the query to delete the member to fail, giving this message:
Could not delete group for this user

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2

DELETE FROM NewForumgroups WHERE group_id =

Line : 429
File : memberlist.php

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the overall working of phpBB to fix the problem! I checked all my file dates, and no changes have been made to the files. I'm guessing this one will need a hole patched!

Thanks for all your help!
will_hough
Former Team Member

Post by will_hough »

charmedseed wrote:I'm trying to install with EasyMod, having followed the instructions on the first post of this thread. But I keep getting this error message:
Critical Error

You may need to install this by hand. Your file structure may have been altered by another mod. The error is telling you that Easy MOD can not find the code in memberlist.php

Code: Select all

JustForMilitary

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield...NEED HELP

Post by JustForMilitary »

I need help....I installed this MOD manually, but do not understand what to do about the DIY instructions. Yes, I am fairly new to all of this. I do not have an install folder, not sure how to "update" the config file, nor do I know how to get the update file in the files to even run it....I need help. I have completed all the other functions of the MOD manually.

Here is the DIY part I do not understand:

IMPORTANT ***** If you are NOT using EasyMOD to install User Shield, you MUST update the CONFIG table by following these instructions ***** IMPORTANT
IMPORTANT ***** Remember to change the default TABLE PREFIX in file "update_config_v1_2_1.php" if your board does not use " phpbb_ ". ***** IMPORTANT

1] Run this file: update_config_v1_2_1.php - located in the install folder off the root of your forum ( eg. In your browser URL field, type the following: http://yoursite.com/yourforumroot/insta ... v1_2_1.php )

Once done a message confirming a successful update will be displayed along with a reminder to delete the "install" folder including it's content, before returning to your forum.

Also, the SQL part in the beginning....what do I need to do here...not understanding where exactly or what exactly I need to do with this:
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`)
VALUES ('username_hide_inac', '1');

Help please??
Active duty US military, retired, or a family member...drop me an e-mail to hear about a place you must see. It's awesome!
JustForMilitary

Post by JustForMilitary »

update.....OK, I got the DIY install part completed, ran sucessfully and then deletd install file. I can not get th SQL part though in the beginning of the MOD??? When I log into my board and try to view the memberlist I get this:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"' in /home/jejainc/public_html/forum/memberlist.php on line 367

help???
Active duty US military, retired, or a family member...drop me an e-mail to hear about a place you must see. It's awesome!
aosfyc

Post by aosfyc »

Has anyone else experienced problems after updating to 2.0.23? I have had this running for a while now, and haven't had any problems, but just yesterday after upgrading to 2.0.23, the Who Is Online data in the index.php page is coming up with incorrect data.
Our users have posted a total of 2896 articles
We have 509 registered users and non-active registered users
Whereas before where the "non-active" verbiage is I had the number of inactive users.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

charmedseed wrote:I'm trying to install with EasyMod, having followed the instructions on the first post of this thread. But I keep getting this error message:
Critical Error

find this in memberlist.php

$sql = "SELECT count(*) AS total
		FROM " . USERS_TABLE . "
and change it to this

$sql = "SELECT count(*) AS total
		FROM " . USERS_TABLE . "
		WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . " $hide_inactive_on";
// User Stealth mod - added  $hide_inactive_on above
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

empressamermaids wrote:Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/functions.php] could not find:

MOD script line #517 :: FAQ :: Report

This is the error message I get after trying to install User Shield with EasyMod. Is the syntax wrong?
Find this in functions.php

case 'usercount':
			$sql = "SELECT COUNT(user_id) AS total
				FROM " . USERS_TABLE . "
			break;
and change it to this

case 'usercount':
// User Stealth mod - start
	$hide_inactive_on = ( $board_config['username_hide_inac'] ) ? 'AND user_active = 1' : 'AND user_active >= 0';
// User Stealth mod - end
			$sql = "SELECT COUNT(user_id) AS total
				FROM " . USERS_TABLE . "
				WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . " $hide_inactive_on ";
// User Stealth mod - added $hide_inactive_on above
			break;
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”