[2.0.21] User Shield

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
79%
Very Good
12%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
2%

Total votes: 66

Wo1f

Post by Wo1f » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:58 am

Change

my_forum_root/admin/mods/my_mods_folder/contrib/install_user_shield_v1_2_1.txt

... TO ...

my_forum_root/admin/mods/contrib/install_user_shield_v1_2_1.txt

... and EM should see it now.

sen8

Post by sen8 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:45 am

I don't know what I did wrong or what I'm mean't to do after I process...

Installation Failed

EasyMOD encountered the following error(s). A general error could be ABC. A critical error means D and you should do XYZ.

Error Detail

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subBlack3d/index_body.tpl] could not find:

{TOTAL_POSTS}<br />{TOTAL_USERS}

MOD script line #674 :: FAQ :: Report

Error Detail

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/BlackSoul/index_body.tpl] could not find:

MOD script line #674 :: FAQ :: Report

Error Detail

Warning

IN-LINE FIND FAILED: In file [templates/DustyGreen/index_body.tpl] could not find:

{TOTAL_USERS}

MOD script line #686 :: FAQ :: Report

Error Detail

Critical Error

IN-LINE FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl] could not find:

{TOTAL_USERS}

MOD Data

MOD Title:
User Shield     1.2.1     install_user_shield_v1_2_1.txt

Author:
Wo1f     N/A     J. C. Woof     N/A

Processed Themes:
BlackSoul; DustyGreen; paraMilitary; subBlack3d; subSilver

Processed Languages:
english

Files Edited:

Commands Processed:

Unprocessed Commands:

LloydD

Fantastic - Thanks

Post by LloydD » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:43 pm

Hello Wolf

Just installed your MOD and I am delighted. Thanks so much for all your efforts.

(I wish there was a simpler way of installing these MODS but if you concentrate and you are careful, it really works).

Thanks again.

Lloyd
Lloyd Dicks

Wo1f

Post by Wo1f » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:49 pm

sen8 wrote: I don't know what I did wrong or what I'm mean't to do after I process...

Critical Error

IN-LINE FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl] could not find:

{TOTAL_USERS}

You din't do anything wrong. Your "index_body.tpl" has been modified by some other MOD that makes it impossible for EM to find the original line of code to modify. If this is the only edit that did not go through - for all your installed "styles", it's not bad at all and should be fixable in no time. What I need now is to view your "index_body.tpl" from your "subSilver" folder. Let's start with that one. Can you link me to it?

Wo1f

Re: Fantastic - Thanks

Post by Wo1f » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:53 pm

Hi LloydD,
LloydD wrote: Just installed your MOD and I am delighted. Thanks so much for all your efforts.

Your very welcome! :wink:

Best regards,
Wolf

abaldish

Post by abaldish » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:14 pm

after installed the mod and everything is where it is to be. But when i went to try to register as a new user i got this error:

Any ideas?

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

Also seen that if i set to admin this is when this error occurs.
When not set to admin works fine.
Is there something i am missing in a file somewhere? or is that what it does. If so is there a way to have it say instead of that error that the admin will look over your signup and email you to confirm your info or something like that?
Otherwise the users will think they can't get on the fourms.

Wo1f

Post by Wo1f » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:56 pm

Hi abaldish,

The emailer error you're getting has nothing to do with User Shield, but rather with your smtp settings or lack of. The fact that you require "Account activation" to be approved by the admin. has uncovered this misconfiguration. There is this knowledge base article to help you troubleshoot this issue, located here:
  • Issues that pertain to the emailer.php file not sending mail by PHP and SMTP
[/url]

Have a read, and if you're still having problems, just let me know and I'll help you out as best I can. In the meantime, if you believe that you might lose potential new members, either revert back to "User" for account activation or visit the "non-active" memberlist filter often on a daily basis to review the new accounts and activate them if need be.

Regards,
Wolf

sen8

Post by sen8 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:29 pm

Wo1f wrote:
sen8 wrote:I don't know what I did wrong or what I'm mean't to do after I process...

Critical Error

{TOTAL_USERS}

You din't do anything wrong. Your "index_body.tpl" has been modified by some other MOD that makes it impossible for EM to find the original line of code to modify. If this is the only edit that did not go through - for all your installed "styles", it's not bad at all and should be fixable in no time. What I need now is to view your "index_body.tpl" from your "subSilver" folder. Let's start with that one. Can you link me to it?

Not too sure what you mean, this is where it's located:

http://www.rotahavik.co.nz/htdocs/templ ... x_body.tpl

abaldish

Post by abaldish » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:59 pm

Thanks for the reply. Ok followed that link tried that got the same result. But one thing i did come across is when it is set under Enable account activation to admin the email does generate and send but still shows that error for some reason. Once i turn off the admin it works fine with no error. but that error has me puzzled and i don't want to yank the script you have that i installed.

any other ideas?

Wo1f wrote: Hi abaldish,

The emailer error you're getting has nothing to do with User Shield, but rather with your smtp settings or lack of. The fact that you require "Account activation" to be approved by the admin. has uncovered this misconfiguration. There is this knowledge base article to help you troubleshoot this issue, located here:
  • Issues that pertain to the emailer.php file not sending mail by PHP and SMTP
[/url]

Have a read, and if you're still having problems, just let me know and I'll help you out as best I can. In the meantime, if you believe that you might lose potential new members, either revert back to "User" for account activation or visit the "non-active" memberlist filter often on a daily basis to review the new accounts and activate them if need be.

Regards,
Wolf

Wo1f

Post by Wo1f » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:00 am

sen8 wrote: Not too sure what you mean, this is where it's located:

No, I can't review the file this way. I should of been more specific. My bad. Here's a simpler way of going about it. Post the content of the above mentionned file into a code tag (bbcode) here, and I'll be able to review it then.

Wo1f

Post by Wo1f » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:14 am

abaldish wrote: Ok followed that link tried that got the same result. But one thing i did come across is when it is set under Enable account activation to admin the email does generate and send but still shows that error for some reason.

if you've made sure that there is a valid email address here:

ACP --> "General Admin" --> "Configuration" --> "Email Settings" --> Admin Email Address

... even though you have "Use SMTP Server for email" set to NO, then I have no more suggestions. I know for a fact that User Shield does not modify code that would be responsible for this error message, as confirmed by my MODs DEMOs board. What other MODS do you currently use?

abaldish

Post by abaldish » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:42 am

Ok no problem, I will get it figured out, As i yanked the whole board reinstalled it, and pulled my backup databases in. So i am back to square one and will work on it from there. Will let ya know if a clean installed fixs that problem or not. lol

Wo1f wrote:
abaldish wrote:Ok followed that link tried that got the same result. But one thing i did come across is when it is set under Enable account activation to admin the email does generate and send but still shows that error for some reason.

if you've made sure that there is a valid email address here:

ACP --> "General Admin" --> "Configuration" --> "Email Settings" --> Admin Email Address

... even though you have "Use SMTP Server for email" set to NO, then I have no more suggestions. I know for a fact that User Shield does not modify code that would be responsible for this error message, as confirmed by my MODs DEMOs board. What other MODS do you currently use?

Wo1f

Post by Wo1f » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:05 am

abaldish wrote: Will let ya know if a clean installed fixs that problem or not.

I'm counting on it! :wink:

sen8

Post by sen8 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:33 am

Wo1f wrote:
sen8 wrote:Not too sure what you mean, this is where it's located:

No, I can't review the file this way. I should of been more specific. My bad. Here's a simpler way of going about it. Post the content of the above mentionned file into a code tag (bbcode) here, and I'll be able to review it then.

Is this what you need?

http://www.rotahavik.co.nz/index_body.zip

Wo1f

Post by Wo1f » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:37 pm

Yes, that worked fine.

There's no problems finding that line of code with the zipped version you packaged for me.

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
# this is a partial line match
#

#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
{TOTAL_USERS}

#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
{NON_ACTIVATED_FOR_ADMIN}
This is the line in question from your index_body.tpl:

<td class="row1" align="left" width="100%"><span class="gensmall">{TOTAL_POSTS}<br />{TOTAL_USERS}<br />{NEWEST_USER}</span>

And this is the end result after modification:

<td class="row1" align="left" width="100%"><span class="gensmall">{TOTAL_POSTS}<br />{TOTAL_USERS}{NON_ACTIVATED_FOR_ADMIN}<br />{NEWEST_USER}</span>
I'm not sure why EM did not pick this up, but I imagine it has to do with the other installed themes for some reason. I'm willing to take a look at the "index_body.tpl" from these themes --> BlackSoul, DustyGreen, paraMilitary and subBlack3d - if you can zip'em all together, that would be great. In the meantime, feel free to modify "index_body.tpl" from the subSilver theme yourself as I've demonstrated above. Then, I would suggest you do a test run with the "subSilver" theme to confirm User Shield is installed properly. You did go through the EM installation process to completion?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”