[2.0.21] User Shield

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
52
79%
Very Good
8
12%
Good
4
6%
Fair
1
2%
Poor
1
2%
 
Total votes: 66

User avatar
Quuipo
Registered User
Posts: 191
Joined: Sun May 05, 2002 8:15 pm

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield

Post by Quuipo » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:56 pm

Wo1f wrote: 8O That's quite the load of MODs there. But if you're confident that this could not potentially be the source, as they were installed before User Shield (which worked ok for a while) then let's no go there. :wink:

Deleting through the ACP "User Administration" panel will give you exactly the same result. Remember, this was not caused by User Shield, but rather missing info in the db. Have you recently restored or added users via a backup, affecting the "users" table only. This scenario could also explain what's happening right now.


now you mention it, i have manually restored one user through a mysql query since he had somehow disappeared . (all his posts where still there). I only did an user_id query and didn't do anything with the groups.

again this was before i added the usershield mod but we might be on to something here.

i'm going to look up this user and see if he has any group data.

edit: I checked but the user does have a group ID.

RicardM
Registered User
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:59 pm

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield

Post by RicardM » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:51 pm

Thanks for getting back so quick.
Yes, it was a manual install. I thought I might have missed the database too as I was interupted during the install. I tried running update_config_v1_2_1.php again and got:
Error : Duplicate entry 'username_hide_inac' for key 1
So I assume that means I had already done it.

Wo1f
Registered User
Posts: 2039
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:20 am

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield

Post by Wo1f » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:42 pm

RicardM wrote: Error : Duplicate entry 'username_hide_inac' for key 1
So I assume that means I had already done it.

Yes, that's correct. It does confirm that the database entry is there. Have you rechecked the edits for these 2 files:

1] admin/admin_board.php
2] templates/subSilver/admin/board_config_body.tpl

Looking good?

Wo1f
Registered User
Posts: 2039
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:20 am

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield

Post by Wo1f » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:37 pm

Quuipo wrote: i'm going to look up this user and see if he has any group data.

edit: I checked but the user does have a group ID.

He has a "group_id" in the "user_group" table? Did you also check that he had a personal group in the "groups" table matching that same "group_id"?

I also have a script that I tested last night to find missing user_group data and has worked flawlessly in my test environment. If you're interested in trying it out on your problematic forum, just let me know and I'll pm you the script along with the "simple" instructions on how to launch it... but only after you've made a backup of your database. This script will make changes to your database if any group_id is missing.


Best regards,
Wolf

moontree
Registered User
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:10 pm

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield

Post by moontree » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:10 am

I love this mod. :) Since I set my board setting to have admin activate accounts, we no longer have problems with spam, and this mod makes the whole process of activating or deleting accounts much simpler.

I have just one problem. When I activate accounts using the memberlist, the new users don't get an email letting them know their account is active. Is there a fix for this?

ken0069
Registered User
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: Concord, Va

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield

Post by ken0069 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:09 pm

MOD Database Manager wrote: Classification: 57 Security

MOD Name: User Shield
Author: Wo1f
MOD Description: Hides usernames and corresponding profile data from all except the Administrator until activated. Manage (activate or delete) non-activated members from the memberlist.


MOD Version: 1.2.1
Installation Level: Easy
Installation Time: ~ 10 Minutes

Download File: user_shield_v1_2_1a.zip
File Size: 19909 Bytes

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version in the topic title. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.



So why don't these links to downloads work? This makes two that I've tried to download and I got 404 Error on them both?
:evil:
Site Admins ain't nobodys hero!

www.motorsportsvillage.com

User avatar
Duvaren
Registered User
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:50 am

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield

Post by Duvaren » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:25 pm

ken0069 wrote: So why don't these links to downloads work? This makes two that I've tried to download and I got 404 Error on them both?
:evil:


Read THIS post ;)

Wo1f
Registered User
Posts: 2039
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:20 am

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield

Post by Wo1f » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:45 pm

Hi moontree,
moontree wrote: I have just one problem. When I activate accounts using the memberlist, the new users don't get an email letting them know their account is active. Is there a fix for this?

Yes, that's correct for v1.2.1a but... v1.4.2 has corrected this. It has not been submitted to the MODs database for validation yet, as more time is needed for the phpBB teams to take care of issues due to the migration to phpBB v3. As soon as the MOD team accepts submittals, I'll submit it then.

moontree wrote: I love this mod. :) Since I set my board setting to have admin activate accounts, we no longer have problems with spam, and this mod makes the whole process of activating or deleting accounts much simpler.

Thanks for the kind words and you are most welcome. ;)


Best regards,
Wolf

User avatar
Duvaren
Registered User
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:50 am

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield

Post by Duvaren » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:39 am

Wo1f wrote: Yes, that's correct for v1.2.1a but... v1.4.2 has corrected this. It has not been submitted to the MODs database for validation yet, as more time is needed for the phpBB teams to take care of issues due to the migration to phpBB v3. As soon as the MOD team accepts submittals, I'll submit it then.


Ooh... New version. I can't wait!

moontree
Registered User
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:10 pm

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield

Post by moontree » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:24 am

Excellent. I look forward to the new version. :)

King of Chatalot
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:46 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield

Post by King of Chatalot » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:33 pm

Ok..........It took me MONTHS..........but I finally got this mod installed..........

..........Then..........at the very very end............

It says "The following cannot be automatically installed and must be installed manually"

(This was obtained by using Easymod to install this mod)

Then it gave a URL that led to something called install/update_config_v1_2_1.php and said I had to execute that seperately.

Then, when I did by typing that address in the address bar it said:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /admin/mods/install/update_config_v1_2_1.php on line 35

Then it wouldn't do anything but when I looked at my board, it appeared to have installed correctly.

But now when I view the membership list, the top title bar has shifted to the left...

At the top it says: Username Email Location Joined Posts Website just like it did before except it is shifted one row to the left so that Username is over the PM column, the Email is over the Username column, and the location is over the email column etc

How can I fix that?

This only happened to 3 of the 6 styles I have I think............

4040
Registered User
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:29 pm

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield

Post by 4040 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:52 pm

Hello! I have just installed this mod, and upon running the update_config_v1_2_1.php I get a page that says:


Error : Duplicate entry 'username_hide_inac' for key 1



Now, the thing is, the mod actually seems to work, and I've not encountered any problems when actually using the forum. What should I do?

Thanks for a great mod!

Wo1f
Registered User
Posts: 2039
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:20 am

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield

Post by Wo1f » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:36 am

Hi King of Chatalot,
King of Chatalot wrote: It says "The following cannot be automatically installed and must be installed manually". (This was obtained by using Easymod to install this mod)

Then it gave a URL that led to something called install/update_config_v1_2_1.php and said I had to execute that seperately.

Then, when I did by typing that address in the address bar it said:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /admin/mods/install/update_config_v1_2_1.php on line 35

Then it wouldn't do anything but when I looked at my board, it appeared to have installed correctly.

The URL you were sent to by EasyMOD in your description above, was actually the last step of the installation process and was only to be followed by those who chose to install manually.

I believe it's this one...
User Shield's installation template wrote: #
#-----[ DIY INSTRUCTIONS ]------------------------------------------
#
IMPORTANT ***** If you are NOT using EasyMOD to install User Shield, you MUST update the CONFIG table by following these instructions ***** IMPORTANT
IMPORTANT ***** Remember to change the default TABLE PREFIX in file "update_config_v1_2_1.php" if your board does not use " phpbb_ ". ***** IMPORTANT

1] Run this file: update_config_v1_2_1.php - located in the install folder off the root of your forum ( eg. In your browser URL field, type the following: http://yoursite.com/yourforumroot/insta ... v1_2_1.php )

Once done a message confirming a successful update will be displayed along with a reminder to delete the "install" folder including it's content, before returning to your forum.

#
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------
#
# EoM

There was no need for you to follow that last step. EasyMOD has already done the database update for you. But it's nothing to worry about as running the database update more than once will only display an error message without making any changes. In your case, the error message you were served with had nothing to do with the database update, but rather not being able to find the file (object) where it was suppose to be. :wink:
King of Chatalot wrote: But now when I view the membership list, the top title bar has shifted to the left...

At the top it says: Username Email Location Joined Posts Website just like it did before except it is shifted one row to the left so that Username is over the PM column, the Email is over the Username column, and the location is over the email column etc

How can I fix that?

This only happened to 3 of the 6 styles I have I think............

When dealing with multiple installed styles, it is recommended to revert back to subSilver, at least until the MOD has been installed and confirmed to work as advertised with this default style. If you take a look at the 3rd post on the 1st page of this thread, there's a series of screencaptures that you can use to confirm that you have indeed installed User Shield successfully. You'll need to log in to your forum as a "user" and also as an "administrator". Did all your hard work bear fruit?? If yes, read on.

What style are you talking about? I can take a look at it if you downloaded it from phpBB's styles database. If not you'll have to link me to it. Or you can attempt the modifications yourself, but only after you've made a backup of the 3 files you are about to modify.
A previous post in this long thread :wink: wrote: then you need to edit all TPL files for each and everyone of your installed styles.

The TPL files are the following:
a] templates/yourTemplate/index_body.tpl --> 3 actions to integrate
b] templates/yourTemplate/memberlist_body.tpl --> 4 actions to integrate
c] templates/yourTemplate/admin/board_config_body.tpl --> 1 action to integrate

The actions to integrate for each of your styles are to be found in the installation template --> "install_user_shield_v1_2_1.txt".

Hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Wolf

Wo1f
Registered User
Posts: 2039
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:20 am

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield

Post by Wo1f » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:46 am

Hi 4040,
4040 wrote: Hello! I have just installed this mod, and upon running the update_config_v1_2_1.php I get a page that says:


Error : Duplicate entry 'username_hide_inac' for key 1



Now, the thing is, the mod actually seems to work, and I've not encountered any problems when actually using the forum. What should I do?

Nothing! :wink:

... The error message means the database update was already there. If you installed User Shield using EasyMOD (which would make sense in this scenario) and you also ran the database update file by following the 'DIY" instructions, meant for users installing manually, then the error message is the end result. No biggie, and your original database update was not disturbed in any way.

4040 wrote: Thanks for a great mod!

You are most welcome and good luck to you.

Best regards,
Wolf :wink:

King of Chatalot
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:46 pm
Contact:

Re: [2.0.21] User Shield

Post by King of Chatalot » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:11 am

It looks like it deleted this line from the membership.tpl file:

Code: Select all

  <th height="25" class="thCornerL" nowrap="nowrap">{ROW_NUMBER_TITLE}</th>
	
So I put it back I dunno.........works now...............

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”