[2.0.21] Delete User MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
76%
Very Good
12%
Good
5%
Fair
5%
Poor
2%

Total votes: 41

smartteapantz

Re: [2.0.21] Delete User MOD

Post by smartteapantz »

I installed the Delete User Mod which is working fine...except for the following error messages:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/s/c/h/schoolofscrap/html/language/lang_english/lang_main.php:1068) in /home/content/s/c/h/schoolofscrap/html/includes/sessions.php on line 254

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/s/c/h/schoolofscrap/html/language/lang_english/lang_main.php:1068) in /home/content/s/c/h/schoolofscrap/html/includes/sessions.php on line 255

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/s/c/h/schoolofscrap/html/language/lang_english/lang_main.php:1068) in /home/content/s/c/h/schoolofscrap/html/includes/functions.php on line 957

What is going on? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
smartteapantz

Post by smartteapantz »

Does anyone know why I would be getting the errors listed above after I put the MOD in my site? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
ycl6

Post by ycl6 »

The error msg is not very informative, maybe you can try checking the lang_main.php file.

~Mac
Roslyn

Post by Roslyn »

Having problems. :(

EDIT: Version 2.0.22

I've modded before successfully, though I don't consider myself anything like competent.

I installed the mod as instructed, following all instructions exactly as best I can see, substituting the Theme we enforce for SubSilver as usual for modding.

Now, when I click Memberlist I get an empty page with the "Go to Administration Panel" link and beneath it the usual intellectual property messages.

When I click a Forum, I can see the message threads, but if I try to read a thread I get the same message as shown above.

Needless to say this is not good. I'm trying not to fret, but.

Any help would be very, very much appreciated thanks!
Last edited by Roslyn on Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycl6

Post by ycl6 »

If you get a blank page, it means there's a PHP syntax error in your PHP file.

However, since you either didn't enable phpBB's debug mode, or did not have the proper error output setting for your PHP (not phpBB), therefore, you did not get a proper error message (but a blank page).

Either check your phpBB's debug mode setting or your PHP setting (ask your web host if you are not using your own PC/server). If you have the PHP error message, it will tell you which line in which file has syntax error.

~Mac
Roslyn

Post by Roslyn »

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I normally do get debug code when something is awry.

When I say a blank page, to be clear, it's not a white page or whatever. It looks as the rest of the theme, just not users or post at all.

To be sure, how do I set my phpBB's "debug settings?" I went looking and can see nothing relating to that in my admin panel.

I apologize for being dense.
Roslyn

Post by Roslyn »

By which I mean I am sorry for being dense, but I still really need help if someone here can?

The problem appears to be in the (theme)memberlist_body.tpl; the moment I change that, it goes blank. But I have done this several times now today, I am /certain/ I have the right lines.

Code: Select all

<td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gen"><a href="{memberrow.U_VIEWPROFILE}" class="gen">{memberrow.USERNAME}</a></span></td>
becomes

<td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gen"><a href="{memberrow.U_VIEWPROFILE}" class="gen">{memberrow.USERNAME}</a></span>{memberrow.DELETE_USER_IMAGE}</td>
Am I missing something?
ycl6

Post by ycl6 »

So, if you revert it back, your memberlist shows up normal again?

That's very strange! Do you have problem with other pages that shows the delete icon?

~Mac
Roslyn

Post by Roslyn »

It was doing the exact same thing with the other pages that were supposed to have the Delete Icon, so I restored the original files on them. The only place I want to have the icon is on the Memberlist anyhow.
ycl6

Post by ycl6 »

In that case, give me your edited lang_main.php, memberlist.php and memberlist_body.tpl.

Either send me via email, or PM me a download link to your files.

~Mac
Roslyn

Post by Roslyn »

Sent. Let me know if you don't get it, please?
ycl6

Post by ycl6 »

Hi,

I checked your file, there's no problem with it. And when I use your file on my test forum, it works fine too. I see all the registered users and their info.

To answer your previous question, phpBB's debug mode setting can be found inside includes/constants.php

// Debug Level
//define('DEBUG', 1); // Debugging on
define('DEBUG', 1); // Debugging off
~Mac
Roslyn

Post by Roslyn »

So if I understand you, the following, which is the code I found in my Constants file, means debugging is enabled?

// Debug Level
//define('DEBUG', 1); // Debugging on
define('DEBUG', 1); // Debugging off
If not, what do I change?

And do you have any other ideas? I am sorry to be a pain but this is maddening.
illinoisandback

Post by illinoisandback »

I have added the Mod but when i try to delete a user I recieve this message:

Could not delete group for this user

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2

DELETE FROM phpbb_groups WHERE group_id =

Line : 215
File : delete_user.php

Does anyone know what I may have messed up?
ycl6

Post by ycl6 »

Roslyn wrote:And do you have any other ideas? I am sorry to be a pain but this is maddening.
Not really

I guess if you removed the added codes, your forum will work fine right?

~Mac

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”