Simple Colored Usergroups

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
18%
Good
7%
Fair
2%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 44

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Simple Colored Usergroups

Post by Extensions Robot » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:19 pm

MOD Name: Simple Colored Usergroups
Author: kkroo
MOD Description: Replaces the current username coloring with a group based system like in Olympus (phpBB3).

MOD Version: 1.0.1
Tested on phpBB Version: 2.0.21

Download File: Simple_Colored_Usergroups_v101a.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 21575 Bytes

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:01 pm

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This MOD allows admins to define colors for the usergroups.

One thing to take note of is that the colors need to hex encoded, without the leading # (eg. 00FF00 or 0F0 for green).

igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:32 pm

Congrats! Great MOD! :)
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three

Saeru

Post by Saeru » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:44 am

I have an issue. Any members I add to the groups after this mod was added don't display. A new group shows "This group has no members" even when one is added, and trying to add the same name gives an error that it's already a member. Plus the users names are turning to the color set for the group, but the group still says theres no members.

.......this is growing annoying :(

also can I ask why viewforum.php is listed twice in the colors add on? I don't mean in the files to edit list, I mean in the edits. It's listed twice, the first few edits are different, but then it goes into the same stuff again.
"Naku ga yousuru ichidanto tsuyosa kyaku ga icchuu wo yusuru."[/size]

kkroo

Post by kkroo » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:00 pm

Thanks evil<3 :)

Saeru, could I have a link to your forum?
Is this problem happening to all groups? If not, what is different about these groups?

Thanks
My MODs

Need a coder?

Enjoy my Mods? - Image

skullie

Post by skullie » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:53 pm

Is there a demo available?

kkroo

Post by kkroo » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:11 pm

I've got a screenshot:
My MODs

Need a coder?

Enjoy my Mods? - Image

Saeru

Post by Saeru » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:03 pm

http://bbs.crystalmemoirs.com/

But yeah.. the Global Moderatorr group shows who I added in before I added this mod. Anyone new added will not show. And the new group, NPC, that holds my two testing accounts, that group still says "This group has no members" Yet they are clearly in it cause there names are colored, and trying to add them again gives the error that they are already members.

That is the only issue I have found. And I did double check the file and even re-did it using the back up I make before each mod addiction, and I got the same thing.

kkroo

Post by kkroo » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:33 pm

do you have any other usergroup mods?

btw im getting a different error than you are getting:

That user group does not exist

I think that the problem is that you have the groups set to hidden.
My MODs

Need a coder?

Enjoy my Mods? - Image

Saeru

Post by Saeru » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:46 pm

None of the groups are set to hidden, they are all set to Closed group, cause I rather not have any old person try and join them. And there are no other mods that touch user groups.

kkroo

Post by kkroo » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:59 pm

I dont think you can add users when a group is closed. try opening it, adding the users, and close it again
My MODs

Need a coder?

Enjoy my Mods? - Image

Kinfule

Post by Kinfule » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:26 pm

Nice Mod, good work :)
My Mods:
Show Voters || Moderate Own Topics || Thanks Mod || Tibian Char BBcode || Tibian Guild BBCode
Working on:
Ajax Shoutbox
I don't support by PM

Saeru

Post by Saeru » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:28 pm

Admins can add users to closed and hidden groups. All the groups I had were closed and I was able to add members to them before I added this mod.

But like I said, now it says there are no users/not showing any new ones, but they ARE being added, they just are not showing up on the page. Their names are being colorised, there gaining the moderator stats, and the group says "User is already a member of this group" if you try and enter them in twice.

So they are being added, but are not being listed. Plus not being listed, they can't be removed from the groups either.
They add fine and are displayed when the group is open and you add them then. But closed and being added, there not being shown. And you can't add a user in twice.

So this is a huge issue for me at the time. I NEED away to fix this.

kkroo

Post by kkroo » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:58 pm

I just installed the mod on a fresh install of phpbb, made the group closed added users and everything works fine. I dont think that this problem that you are having is coming from this mod.

it also looks like you have made some modifications to this mod, your legend looks different than the standard comma separated one. maybe when you made these modifications you did something wrong to get these errors
My MODs

Need a coder?

Enjoy my Mods? - Image

Saeru

Post by Saeru » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:43 pm

That would not have effected this. All I did was add the brackets around the code for the link. And remove the common at the end. That would not effect how the code works. Just how the legend looks.

All I did was turn this

Code: Select all

$grouplink = '<a class="gensmall" style="font-weight: bold; color: #' . $group_color . '" href="' . append_sid("groupcp.$phpEx?g=" . $group_data['group_id']) . '">' . $group_data['group_name'] . '</a>';
into

Code: Select all

$grouplink = '[ <a class="gensmall" style="font-weight: bold; color: #' . $group_color . '" href="' . append_sid("groupcp.$phpEx?g=" . $group_data['group_id']) . '">' . $group_data['group_name'] . '</a> ]';
And besides this was happening before I did that.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”