Template Expansion

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
100%
Very Good
No votes
Good
No votes
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 1

deejaybet

Post by deejaybet »

you should make this mod appear normal on all screen sizes

who_cares

Post by who_cares »

EY wrote: Im actualy using the 1024 x 768
don't think this is the "normal" one :oops:

I'm using it now.
It looks like that isn't a bug with the MOD, but with my site. But thanks for letting me know, I'll have to get that fixed.

Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

I know it wasen't a bug. Just telling you :wink:
And no probleme :)
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

who_cares

Post by who_cares »

deejaybet wrote: you should make this mod appear normal on all screen sizes

it's not really a problem with the MOD.
It's just a pair of missing tags from the page I wrote that uses the MOD

deejaybet

Post by deejaybet »

ah right ok care to share what you mean exactly so some of us dont do the same thing :)

who_cares

Post by who_cares »

deejaybet wrote: ah right ok care to share what you mean exactly so some of us dont do the same thing :)

it's just a <br> tag I forgot

ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG »

Looks interesting.

Does this need to be run from inside the same subdomain as the forum, can it span a main www with the fourm in a forum subdomain.

Does it provide any 'blocks of code' to code up the website pages.

====

I think what I am saying is could you expand on its abilities and shortcomings etc.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing

who_cares

Post by who_cares »

ChrisRLG wrote: Does this need to be run from inside the same subdomain as the forum, can it span a main www with the fourm in a forum subdomain.

to use it normally you do need to be on the same subdomain (not my fault, php doesn't include from another server)
ChrisRLG wrote: Does it provide any 'blocks of code' to code up the website pages.

once you set $phpbb_root_path correctly you should be able to write code as if you were in the phpbb folder.
So all the headers and includes would be used

A few good integration links:
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=143
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=200

Silver9990

Post by Silver9990 »

I got this mod to work once, but now I can't figure it out, I can't even find the files I used when I did have it working, anyone feel like helping?

[Edit]

Ok, I found the file and got most of it to work, but the problem now is that it's not pulling the images from the forum directory, it's tried to load them from the directory the files is in:

http://www.hostmine.us/temp/test.php

Ok, how do you get this thing to work without having to copy the templates directory to the directory where the file is, which is what I ended up having to do.

who_cares

Post by who_cares »

Looks to me like you forgot to edit {FORUM_ROOT} into your includes/page_header.php file

Silver9990

Post by Silver9990 »

Nope, I made all of the required edits, I just forgot that you can't use this mod on a page that resides in a directory using ../phpBB2/ as a path. Now my only problem is is making a page that uses it, I'm not much of a coder.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”