Simple Auto Group

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
50%
Very Good
No votes
Good
No votes
Fair
50%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 2

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Simple Auto Group

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Simple Auto Group
Author: eviL<3
MOD Description: This is a very simple auto Groups MOD. It will add all registered users to a specified group.

MOD Version: 1.0.0
Tested on phpBB Version: 2.0.21

Download File: simple_auto_usergroup_1.0.0a.mod
mods overview page: View
File Size: 5246 Bytes

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
With this MOD installed, new registrants can be assigned to a pre-defined usergroup.
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

Finally :)

I hope this will be a good alternative to the Auto Groups MOD, as it works with the latest phpbb.

Demo:
Last edited by igorw on Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
kkroo

Post by kkroo »

Great mod! Im installing this! BTW: When a new user registers, will he/she be assigned to that group automatically or do you have to update from the admin panel?
My MODs

Need a coder?

Enjoy my Mods? - Image
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

kkroo wrote: Great mod! Im installing this! BTW: When a new user registers, will he/she be assigned to that group automatically or do you have to update from the admin panel?

Update what? I don't quite get it, sorry.
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
tempered007

Post by tempered007 »

Hello.
Quick question. On register, does the user choose which groups they want to be long to? Or is this an admin thing?
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

tempered007 wrote: Hello.
Quick question. On register, does the user choose which groups they want to be long to? Or is this an admin thing?

The admin specifies a group, that all new users become a member of.
kkroo

Post by kkroo »

eviL<3 wrote:
kkroo wrote:Great mod! Im installing this! BTW: When a new user registers, will he/she be assigned to that group automatically or do you have to update from the admin panel?

on registrationm, is there a query that adds the user to the group or do you have to add them manually?
My MODs

Need a coder?

Enjoy my Mods? - Image
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

kkroo wrote:
eviL<3 wrote:
kkroo wrote:Great mod! Im installing this! BTW: When a new user registers, will he/she be assigned to that group automatically or do you have to update from the admin panel?

on registrationm, is there a query that adds the user to the group or do you have to add them manually?

They are added automatically. Auto usergroup ;)
kkroo

Post by kkroo »

I have a request for the next version. When this mod is added, it only adds the users into the group if the users registered after the mod was installed. Could you add a way you can sync this group?

EDIT:

another request would to only add the user into the group during activation so you dont get all these spambots in the group.
My MODs

Need a coder?

Enjoy my Mods? - Image
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

kkroo wrote: I have a request for the next version. When this mod is added, it only adds the users into the group if the users registered after the mod was installed. Could you add a way you can sync this group?

EDIT:

another request would to only add the user into the group during activation so you dont get all these spambots in the group.

Good ideas! Ramon fincken is making a MOD to add all users to a usergroup! :)

I will probably have the activation on activation in the next release :)
slammin

Post by slammin »

Great little mod, Just what I was looking for, Thanks eviL<3
neal1st

Post by neal1st »

can you PLEASE make one so that people get auto grouped after a certain amount of posts??
igorw
Former Team Member

Post by igorw »

neal1st wrote: can you PLEASE make one so that people get auto grouped after a certain amount of posts??

I might be able to add something like this at the weekend ;)
Logical Nightmare

Post by Logical Nightmare »

Very nice, Question... Does it prevent the user from leaving the group?
I like pie!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”