Forum Sponsors

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
50%
Very Good
23%
Good
14%
Fair
9%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 22

Tony B

Re: Forum Sponsors

Post by Tony B »

Yes I understand that, but which one would I have to look at to find the ad code that I pasted in?
Martinrazk

Post by Martinrazk »

Hi Guys.

I am testing this mod right now, and have 1 question..

is it possible to have the sponsor mod show a small "thumbnail" sponsor note on the forum index on the same line as the forum that the individual sponsor supports...

let me show you..
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Martinrazk wrote:Hi Guys.

I am testing this mod right now, and have 1 question..

is it possible to have the sponsor mod show a small "thumbnail" sponsor note on the forum index on the same line as the forum that the individual sponsor supports...

let me show you..

It is possible, but it would require a different mod.
dankybett

Post by dankybett »

Hey, thanks for the mod. I have a problem though, I recently upgraded to 3.2 so this mod no longer works. I now get an error when trying to create a new forum:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Field 'forum_sponsor' doesn't have a default value [1364]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_forums (parent_id, forum_type, forum_status, forum_parents, forum_name, forum_link, forum_desc, forum_desc_uid, forum_desc_options, forum_desc_bitfield, forum_rules, forum_rules_uid, forum_rules_options, forum_rules_bitfield, forum_rules_link, forum_image, forum_style, display_subforum_list, display_on_index, forum_topics_per_page, enable_indexing, enable_icons, enable_prune, prune_days, prune_viewed, prune_freq, forum_flags, left_id, right_id) VALUES (0, 1, 0, '', 'test', '', '', '', 7, '', '', '', 7, '', '', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 7, 7, 1, 32, 285, 286)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_forums.php
LINE: 1029
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_forums.php
LINE: 176
CALL: acp_forums->update_forum_data()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: acp_forums->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
If i just enter:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_forums` ADD `sponsor` TEXT NOT NULL;
into mysql will it solve my create forum problem? I dont need this mod to work anymore, I just want it undone really.

Would really appreciate your help, as my board is live.
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

dankybett wrote:Hey, thanks for the mod. I have a problem though, I recently upgraded to 3.2 so this mod no longer works. I now get an error when trying to create a new forum:
What exactly have you done, in what order?
Converting from 2.0.x to 3.0.2 would NOT have transferred the this MOD into the new board.
Did you try to install this MOD into phpBB3?
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
dankybett

Post by dankybett »

ric323 wrote:
dankybett wrote:Hey, thanks for the mod. I have a problem though, I recently upgraded to 3.2 so this mod no longer works. I now get an error when trying to create a new forum:
What exactly have you done, in what order?
Converting from 2.0.x to 3.0.2 would NOT have transferred the this MOD into the new board.
Did you try to install this MOD into phpBB3?
Oops sorry, posted in the wrong topic :oops: There is a forum sponsor mod for phpbb3 which I Installed, I searched for the mod so I could post this, and it directed me to this topic and I did not realise this was in phpbb2. Sorry for wasting your time, and thanks for the really quick response.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”