Stop Spambot Registration

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
13%
Good
5%
Fair
4%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 91

Martian

Re: Stop Spambot Registration

Post by Martian »

Doug Wellington wrote:I installed this mod, but I almost immediately got two registration attempts that didn't fill out the profile information.
If this happens, then I advise installing the MOD Better captcha next to this MOD.

I did that, and I haven't had any spambot registrations since then (Nov. 2006). Note: the MOD Better captcha doesn't stop all spambots on it's own either.
tarotamerica

Post by tarotamerica »

I use this MOD with Textual Confirmation:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5&t=472940

and I have had no problems with BOTS getting through.
Coincidences are God's way of remaining anonymous
—Albert Einstein
Martian

Post by Martian »

tarotamerica wrote:I use this MOD with Textual Confirmation
Does MOD Textual Confirmation on its own not stop all bot registrations either?
diabolic.bg

Post by diabolic.bg »

Martian wrote:
tarotamerica wrote:I use this MOD with Textual Confirmation
Does MOD Textual Confirmation on its own not stop all bot registrations either?
The Textual Confirmation stopped bots 100% but more security isn't bad... :D The Textual Confirmation stopped the fools too. :lol:
Coroner

Post by Coroner »

Coroner wrote:Thanks for a great mod! I have been using it for over 6 months with great results.

I have developed an issue. Today I received an email from a person that said that they were recognized as a bot? So I went in to have a look and for some reason, the red spam bot line telling folks not to enter anything below is gone. I double and triple checked the codes and all is wright.

Any ideas?

Please let me know!
Can anyone help me with this? I installed a profile mod a\called easyUCP and I'm wondering if the edits for the usercp_register.php could have killed just that one part of the mod? As I said above, I have checked the edits and there perfect. Could there be a data base issue? If there is, what should I look for using phpmyadmin?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
markasey

Post by markasey »

This MOD has worked flawlessly for me and saved my sanity! Thank you x 10000. I have put it on every board I admin for.
MojoRyzen

Post by MojoRyzen »

This mod is working well for me. However, I noticed that my board now says "We have 0 registered users." I'm not saying it is the result of this mod. I just noticed it after I performed the mod. Did I do something wrong?
rgds,
-MR-
-mojo-
OnY_cOoL

Post by OnY_cOoL »

Awesome Mod.... it can be easily installed via Easymod & its working fine..

thanks for such an excellent mod :D

But If BOT put any information in Language,Board Style and dont put any information in PROFILE INFORMATION Panel then BOT can easily Register :cry: :cry: :cry:
gavpedz

Post by gavpedz »

I have installed but the warning only shows up in subsilver and not in any other styles ? will i have to enter code i to each style
diabolic.bg

Post by diabolic.bg »

gavpedz wrote:I have installed but the warning only shows up in subsilver and not in any other styles ? will i have to enter code i to each style
Yes you must do it manually.
BlueSpace

Post by BlueSpace »

Thanks Martijn, for this useful mod
i've been using Orion (heavily moded phpbb) with inbuilt ctracker, though crackertracker blocks the attmepted postings by spam bots, this one has just stoped them from being registered, great idea, and simple stuff

by the way, is it possible to make the email system a text or databased log system which can be accessed from the ACP

once again thanks :)
beki

Post by beki »

Hi
I have added this Mod to my forum and I get this message when I a go to my forum page http://faqaboutlife.com/forum/.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '\'' in /homepages/24/d173025824/htdocs/forum/language/lang_english/lang_main.php on line 1028

What have I done wrong?

Beki
Raimon
Former Team Member
Name: Raimon Meuldijk

Post by Raimon »

beki wrote:Hi
I have added this Mod to my forum and I get this message when I a go to my forum page http://faqaboutlife.com/forum/.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '\'' in /homepages/24/d173025824/htdocs/forum/language/lang_english/lang_main.php on line 1028

What have I done wrong?

Beki
You have making a mistake when you add the language entry on the line ; 1028
it would be wise to check the language entrys what you must add on this mod on the file language/lang_english/lang_main.php .
Need phpBB installation, extenstions, Styles or integrate phpBB with you website?
Contact me @ www.raimon.nl for fair prices and good service!
beki

Post by beki »

Thanks Raimon I went back and checked the language and I was missing // in a couple of places.

I hope this Mod keeps all those bots away.

Beki
gavpedz

Post by gavpedz »

Hay guys this mod has suddenly stopped working i have checked all file edits they are all still there and fine i have not done anything to effect this so why would it just suddenly stop working?

PLEASE HELP!

*Edit* My mistake it is working fine if any field is filed out other than icq number if just icq number is filled out it will let the registration go through is that right

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”