Change Poster

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
86%
Very Good
7%
Good
No votes
Fair
No votes
Poor
7%

Total votes: 14

igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:14 pm

I don't think that's possible, as it uses the user id (correct me if i'm wrong).
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three

angelp1ay

Post by angelp1ay » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:26 pm

I'd be interested in an option to change the poster of the first post of every thread within a forum. Would this be a viable tweak?

I'd also be interested if maybe another database field could be added "original_poster" which included the username of the original owner of the post. It would also be nice if it was possible to slip this into the post text eg. "Posted by original_poster" at the top.

For reference my usage would be similar to the mod announcer on this board.

...perhaps I should be approaching this from a different angle - setting up the posts the correct way when they are posted instead and fixing previous posts with a bit of SQL... Still, this might make interesting reading :)

Dr. Mabuse
Name: Mikael

Post by Dr. Mabuse » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:13 pm

This is an utterly cool MOD.

However, I'm concerned and hesitate to install this mod because of the risk of making user-accounts FUBAR.
More than once, I've clicked on the wrong button, 'Edit' instead of 'Quote', or 'del' by accident. Is there a warning that pops up when I click on the change poster-button, stating that this is an extraordinary operation?

Is it possible to make this option activated by a switch in the Admin Control Panel? Enable "Change Poster" where setting it to Disable will remove the button from posts, so an admin or moderator can't do this by accident.
"When the going gets tough, the tough gets Duct-tape(tm)" Dr. Mabuse moderator of:
Skeptic Friends Network and
Skepticality Podcast and Forum

Joe Belmaati

Post by Joe Belmaati » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:09 am

With this MOD you'd have to click the icon, then fill in the name of the new user in a new page - by that time it should be clear whether you were in the right place or not before hitting submit to commit the change.

Dr. Mabuse
Name: Mikael

Post by Dr. Mabuse » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:41 pm

It isn't clear from the MOD-description what userlevels this mod is available to.

What exactly does it take to change the user of a post anyway?
I went into the SQL server and tried to change the user in the post table, and in the thread table (it was a thread-opener...) but it just disappeared on me.
"When the going gets tough, the tough gets Duct-tape(tm)" Dr. Mabuse moderator of:
Skeptic Friends Network and
Skepticality Podcast and Forum

Joe Belmaati

Post by Joe Belmaati » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:04 pm

You'd have to be an administrator.

somsuj

Post by somsuj » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:26 pm

Need Help

this critical error occurs when I try to install this with EasyMod (and fail)

Code: Select all

Critical Error

IN-LINE FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/viewtopic_body.tpl] could not find:

{postrow.IP_IMG}

MOD script line #113

Joe Belmaati

Post by Joe Belmaati » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:21 am

You or a MOD you have installed must have removed {postrow.IP_IMG}. I recommend doing that change by hand.

somsuj

Post by somsuj » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:01 am

Sorry Boss - I am completely illeterate in these matters ( I am a physician actually )

I need a little bit more help . . . please . . .

How do I write that manually - please advise.

Many thanks in advance.

Joe Belmaati

Post by Joe Belmaati » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:27 am

somsuj wrote: ( I am a physician actually )
So is my wife, and I am a music producer..
You simply open the file in question and look paste in the code where it seems to fit. If you open up a standard phpBB file for the file in question you will be able to find the missing code, and that should give you some idea where to paste in the new code that comes with my MOD.
Best,
Joe

WarriorPrincess

Post by WarriorPrincess » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:49 am

I just quickly installed this... however there is no icon appearing in my view topic...

I installed using easymod... and the only error I got was to a find on the lang_main... which I corrected...

why would it not show?

Hekate

Post by Hekate » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:57 pm

Joe Belmaati, this is a fine mod. Installed it on v.21 and works alright.
WarriorPrincess wrote: can this mod be used to re-assign guests posts to a user....

say if we delete a member... they rejoin and we want to reassign those posts to the new user name... would that be possible??

WP

I noticed that the change poster icon appears also at the posts of the deleted user. When I clicked, I got the usual window with something like "check this box to move all the posts of Anonymous ..."

The problem is that all deleted users get the same profile number, e.g.:

profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=-1

So I do not know what would happen if I checked it, selected the desired username and clicked sumbit. Would it transfer all the posts of all the deleted users? Or only this particular deleted user's?

There should be some way though, for this to be done. Although all deleted users get same profile number, their usernames still remain on their posts. So somewhere the script does keep track of the messages and has assigned them under the username of the deleted user.

I wonder if Joe Belmaati, or someone else, could help here, with some more code modification. :roll:

Tltus

Re: Change Poster

Post by Tltus » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:50 am

Hi,

Just wondering if itd be easy enough to add functionality to the admin so when they are creating a post they can allocate the poster they want it to go to also?

Awhile ago you wrote me code so that i could assign the post to a name that does not exist so i can begin to recreate a forum on phpbb this has worked fine but has proved to take far longer than i had wished as each time i post a message i then have to open the message and then edit poster name as well as go in and edit the date - meaning i have to re open one post atleast 3 times to complete it.

I have a guy helping me to change the date side of things but if you could help on the editing of poster that would be so awesome!

All it would need to be is instead of having to click on the icon - that if you are admin as you post a message it gives the option to type the name you want the messgae to be posted under.

In advance thanks so much and if this is going to be to much work then i will totally understand if you dont want to help,

Kind regards,

Titus

Joe Belmaati

Post by Joe Belmaati » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:19 pm

Hi,
I will not be able to do this for you. You're asking for changes to the posting process which is not really what this MOD is about and not something I will have the time to do for you.
Best,
Joe

Tltus

Post by Tltus » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:24 pm

That's totally fine,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, and again thanks for what you have offered in the past and in the time youve spent developing these mods! really appreciate it,

Titus

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”