Page 5 of 6

Re: Change Poster

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:36 am
by Wezzie
Opp's, Sorry... Messed up on that.... Here you go...

Image

Re: Change Poster

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:58 pm
by quahappy
Excellent MOD this one of which is currently installed on my Test Forum. As I have five Administrators (because of time zones and inability of Moderators not being to manage Members using Admin User List MOD), I was initially concerned about one of them inadvertently clicking on the Change Poster icon by mistake and going a bit too far. Well, anything is possible!

Is it possible so that only the founder of the board can have this option available (Change poster) to them, therefore not showing for all other Administrators?

Re: Change Poster

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:08 pm
by marian0810
quahappy wrote:and inability of Moderators not being to manage Members using Admin User List MOD)
The Admin User List works fine for moderators on my forum, so it's possible.

Re: Change Poster

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:42 am
by Joe Belmaati
quahappy wrote:Is it possible so that only the founder of the board can have this option available (Change poster) to them, therefore not showing for all other Administrators?
Sure it is. Just got back from a vacation but will conjure up something for you soon.

Re: Change Poster

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:42 pm
by quahappy
Joe Belmaati wrote:
quahappy wrote:Is it possible so that only the founder of the board can have this option available (Change poster) to them, therefore not showing for all other Administrators?
Sure it is. Just got back from a vacation but will conjure up something for you soon.
Thanks for responding and hope you had a great holiday. 8-)

I do have the BBCode HTML MOD which can be set so that only the founder (me) can use it (again, on my phpBB2 test site), and was trying to work out how to tie the code from that MOD with the Change Poster MOD but not got very far because of limited time on PC at the mo (Well, five kids + school holiday = mayhem lol).

Anyhow, I (and probably a load of other Members too) look forward to hearing back from you. Much appreciated!

marian0810 wrote:The Admin User List works fine for moderators on my forum, so it's possible.
It is? I'm intrigued! What file(s) requires code change for this? I'm using phpBB2.0.22. Maybe you could PM me to stop this Topic going Off-Topic? Thanks! :D

Re: Change Poster

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:08 pm
by marian0810
I PM'd you.

Re: Change Poster

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:38 pm
by quahappy
marian0810 wrote:I PM'd you.
Received and many thanks! :D

Re: Change Poster

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:58 pm
by marian0810
quahappy wrote:I was initially concerned about one of them inadvertently clicking on the Change Poster icon by mistake and going a bit too far. Well, anything is possible!
You could also delete this code from change_poster.tpl:

Code: Select all

	<tr>
	    <td class="row2" align="center"><input type="checkbox" name="move_all" /></td>
	    <td class="row2"><span class="genmed">{L_MOVE_ALL}</span></td>
	</tr>
That would make the risk considerably smaller :D

Re: Change Poster

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:21 pm
by Joe Belmaati
quahappy wrote:I do have the BBCode HTML MOD
In that case

Code: Select all

OPEN

viewtopic.php

FIND

	$change_poster = ($userdata['user_level'] == ADMIN) ? '<a href="' . append_sid("changeposter.$phpEx?post_id=" . $postrow[$i]['post_id']) . '" class="gensmall"><img src="' . $images['icon_change_poster'] . '" alt="' . $lang['Change_poster'] . '" title="' . $lang['Change_poster'] . '" border="0" /></a>' : '';

REPLACE WITH

	$change_poster = ($userdata['user_id'] == FOUNDER) ? '<a href="' . append_sid("changeposter.$phpEx?post_id=" . $postrow[$i]['post_id']) . '" class="gensmall"><img src="' . $images['icon_change_poster'] . '" alt="' . $lang['Change_poster'] . '" title="' . $lang['Change_poster'] . '" border="0" /></a>' : '';

OPEN

changeposter.php

FIND

if ($userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN)
{
	redirect (append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=changeposter.$phpEx?post_id=$post_id"));
}

REPLACE WITH

if ($userdata['user_id'] != FOUNDER)
{
	redirect (append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=changeposter.$phpEx?post_id=$post_id"));
}

Re: Change Poster

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:51 pm
by quahappy
marian0810 wrote:You could also delete this code from change_poster.tpl:

Code: Select all

	<tr>
	    <td class="row2" align="center"><input type="checkbox" name="move_all" /></td>
	    <td class="row2"><span class="genmed">{L_MOVE_ALL}</span></td>
	</tr>
That would make the risk considerably smaller :D
It certainly does. Very useful that marian0810 and prevents all posts by one poster being switched to another selected. Believe me when I say I have put in my Admin and Moderators section step-by-step guides for other Administrators and they still get things cocked up! If in doubt about something, always ask first. ;)
Joe Belmaati wrote:In that case

Code: Select all

OPEN

viewtopic.php

FIND

	$change_poster = ($userdata['user_level'] == ADMIN) ? '<a href="' . append_sid("changeposter.$phpEx?post_id=" . $postrow[$i]['post_id']) . '" class="gensmall"><img src="' . $images['icon_change_poster'] . '" alt="' . $lang['Change_poster'] . '" title="' . $lang['Change_poster'] . '" border="0" /></a>' : '';

REPLACE WITH

	$change_poster = ($userdata['user_level'] == FOUNDER) ? '<a href="' . append_sid("changeposter.$phpEx?post_id=" . $postrow[$i]['post_id']) . '" class="gensmall"><img src="' . $images['icon_change_poster'] . '" alt="' . $lang['Change_poster'] . '" title="' . $lang['Change_poster'] . '" border="0" /></a>' : '';

OPEN

changeposter.php

FIND

if ($userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN)
{
	redirect (append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=changeposter.$phpEx?post_id=$post_id"));
}

REPLACE WITH

if ($userdata['user_level'] != FOUNDER)
{
	redirect (append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=changeposter.$phpEx?post_id=$post_id"));
}
Excellent. Having the BBCode HTML MOD makes it easier for the Change Poster MOD only to be accessed by the founder of a forum. Thanks Joe! :D

Re: Change Poster

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:09 pm
by Joe Belmaati
Whoooops! Too fast there. Please change each instance (2) of

Code: Select all

$userdata['user_level'] == FOUNDER
to

Code: Select all

$userdata['user_id'] == FOUNDER
...apologies.... :oops:

Re: Change Poster

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:47 pm
by quahappy
Joe Belmaati wrote:Whoooops! Too fast there. Please change each instance (2) of

Code: Select all

$userdata['user_level'] == FOUNDER
to

Code: Select all

$userdata['user_id'] == FOUNDER
...apologies.... :oops:
LOL. It's ok. I haven't made the changes yet.

Thanks again! :D

Re: Change Poster

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:43 pm
by bhoopalan
is it wrking for phpbb v 3???

Re: Change Poster

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:30 am
by igorw
phpBB 2.0 MODs are not compatible with phpBB 3.0 and vice-versa ;)

Re: Change Poster

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:37 am
by bhoopalan
but i suppose som mods do work.... like birthday and all... thats why wanted to know.....

any how... am eagerly waiting for this mod for PHPBB3... please upgrade