Approval MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
65%
Very Good
25%
Good
10%
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 20

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Approval MOD

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Approval MOD
Author: uncle.f
Modification description: This MOD makes it possible to prevent users from viewing the unapproved posts until the contents has been approved by the moderator(s). The MOD can be used to combat spam bots that make random posts in the public forums or for extended moderation in any forum with sensitive topics (religion, politics, etc.) where post screening is required to maintain forum integrity. The MOD is quite flexible in its settings and allows you to configure various approval options per forum.
Modification version: 2.0.0
Tested on phpBB version: See below

Download file: approval_mod_2.0.0.zip
File size: 20431 Bytes

Modification overview page: View

Selected tags:
  1. category
    1. Add-Ons
  2. phpbb
    1. 2.0.21
    2. 2.0.22
Support for this modification needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Team is not responsible or required to give anyone support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
With this MOD, users' posts can be moderated before viewable by other members.
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

Some more useful links:

FAQ / Readme First: Link

Detailed Info / Documentation: Link

Demo Board: Link
Demo Usernames: user or user2 for an ordinary user, mod for a moderator, admin for an admin
Demo Passwords: same as the user names
Last edited by uncle.f on Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 9 times in total.
igorw
Former Team Member
Name: Igor Wiedler

Post by igorw »

Looks very impressive! I havn't looked at the code, but judging from the screenshots, this looks very powerful!
Igor Wiedler | area51 | GitHub | trashbin | Formerly known as evil less than three
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

Thanks!

This MOD is not really a lot of code. I am currently developing this MOD further into another one that will allow approval by groups. See the info in this topic.
Gregminimum

Post by Gregminimum »

If I install the currently released Approval mod, and then when the new version (with approval by groups) comes, I try to install that one, will it be a simple process? Will the new one automatically replace the old one?
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

To make this MOD "upgradable" to the Approval Groups MOD will mean additional development. I never planned this, to be honest. Approval Groups MOD is really another MOD there is a lot of new code in it and the code from this MOD is not really used one-to-one. So I would say treat them as two completely different MODs.
Gregminimum

Post by Gregminimum »

OK, I'll wait for the Approval Groups MOD. Please let me know.
Gregminimum

Post by Gregminimum »

After installation of the Approval MOD, can it be uninstalled, and then the Approval Groups MOD be installed without problems?
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

Gregminimum wrote: After installation of the Approval MOD, can it be uninstalled, and then the Approval Groups MOD be installed without problems?

If you made a backup of all modified files (EasyMOD does this for you, for instance) AND you have not installed any mods after the Approval MOD, then you can just replace the modified files later on, which will do a "rollback" for you. After that Approval Groups MOD can be installed without any problem.

There may be a couple of extra SQL commands needed too, but that should not be complicated (if you know how to execute SQL commands) :wink:
Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

Can this be configures that only a special group can approve the posts? and not moderators.
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

EY wrote: Can this be configures that only a special group can approve the posts? and not moderators.

At this stage - no. Maybe it will be eventually implemented in the Approval Groups MOD.
x2k10

Post by x2k10 »

Hi, I was just wondering if it's possible to make this mod so that only new topics require approval and not every post?

Thanks in advance.
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

I was just wondering if it's possible to make this mod so that only new topics require approval and not every post?

this in development now
acharabia

Post by acharabia »

I think this MOD quite complicate which I like...
But there is error msg like below... Unfortuantely,
this mannual not very clearly or formal. So I can't
follow so easy along this mannual. Could you give
another mannual here?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_RETURN in /..../includes/functions_post.php on line 484

Code: Select all

#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
#
$meta
$message

return false;
#
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]-----
#
	// approval mod
	$approve_hide = (($post_data['forum_approve'] & (APPROVE_ON|APPROVE_HIDE)) == (APPROVE_ON|APPROVE_HIDE)) ? TRUE : FALSE;
	$approve_warn = (($post_data['forum_approve'] & (APPROVE_ON|APPROVE_WARN)) == (APPROVE_ON|APPROVE_WARN)) ? TRUE : FALSE;

What's mean that?

#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]-----
#
. (($mode == 'newtopic') ? ", forum_topics = forum_topics $sign"
#
#-----[ IN-LINE BEFORE, ADD ]-----
#
 . ($post_data['approve'] == APPROVE_OFF ? ", forum_last_post_approved = $post_id" : '')
#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]-----
#
 . ($post_data['approve'] == APPROVE_ON ? ", forum_topics_unapproved = forum_topics_unapproved $sign" : '' )

This is viewforum.php... But there are already some editing in my file.
e.g. Global announcement, or topic-calendar... etc. How do I do?
So I got a problem about this MOD.

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
#
$sql
FROM
WHERE
AND
AND
AND
AND t.topic_type = " . POST_ANNOUNCE
ORDER
#
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]-----
#
// sql replaced by approval mod
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]-----
#
$sql = "SELECT t.*, u.username, u.user_id, u2.username as user2, u2.user_id as id2, p.post_username, p2.post_username AS post_username2, p2.post_time, p2.post_approve
	FROM " . TOPICS_TABLE . " t, " . USERS_TABLE . " u, " . POSTS_TABLE . " p, " . POSTS_TABLE . " p2, " . USERS_TABLE . " u2
	WHERE t.forum_id = $forum_id
		AND t.topic_poster = u.user_id
		AND p.post_id = t.topic_first_post_id
		AND p2.post_id = $sql_approve_where
		AND u2.user_id = p2.poster_id
		AND t.topic_type = " . POST_ANNOUNCE . "
	ORDER BY $sql_approve_order";

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”