Approval MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
65%
Very Good
25%
Good
10%
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 20

uncle.f

Re: Approval MOD

Post by uncle.f »

babuyagu wrote:Thanks for a great mod -do you have any indication which piece of code could be causing this post reporting error? I have installed on a heavily modded board and therefore cannot us EasyMOD and all works perfectly apart from the post and comment counts (only in approval required forums). Link.
The problem is caused by the fact that for those forums where approval is required the posts numbers are not taken from the standard SQL fields but from the new fields added by the Approval MOD. Which database are you using? Which version? Did you try the admin panel special scripts that reset and resynchronize all the posts counters? (the scripts are included with the Approval MOD in the contrib/scripts/admin directory)
babuyagu

Post by babuyagu »

Thanks for the quick reply - much appreciated :D

MySQL - 5.0.45
PHP - 4.4.8
phpBB 2.0.23

Resync and the scripts work fine until another topic for approval is posted, then needs doing again - obviously not feasible long term.
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

babuyagu wrote:Resync and the scripts work fine until another topic for approval is posted, then needs doing again - obviously not feasible long term.
If that is so, it would be possible to debug what intends to go into MySQL database, what ends up there, and what is displayed afterwards. Do you have the possibility to temporarily modify your board so it displays some debugging output?
babuyagu

Post by babuyagu »

Sure if I can ask you to advise - reaching my limits!
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

babuyagu wrote:Sure if I can ask you to advise - reaching my limits!
I've looked into this and I think the easiest way to do it is if you send me your index.php and includes/functions_post.php files. I can modify them for you to enable some debugging and then we could possibly pinpoint the problem.
JayWee

Post by JayWee »

This may have already been asked, but how do I configure it?

I installed this on a heavily modded phpbb 2.0.23 board using EasyMOD (the most recent build) and it said it was a successful install, minus a couple warnings about language files that I don't have. No critical errors, everything said it was complete at the end.

I don't see any change in my ACP, unless I'm missing something.

If I click on "moderate this forum" on the main forum pages, I can select, and approve posts, but how do I tell it what posts need approval?

Thanks, sorry for being a noob. I haven't really played with phpBB for about 3 years now.
-Jay
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

JayWee wrote:This may have already been asked, but how do I configure it?
Please RTM and FAQ. They contain all the necessary info together with the screenshots.
JayWee

Post by JayWee »

Thanks. I looked through, but didn't read it very clearly at first. I got it working now.

Great script. Thanks for all the time you've put into it.
scitrek

Post by scitrek »

Hi, I have a problem with my mod: I've updated my board to version 2.0.23 and I lost the "Needs approval" and the other things of your mod from the users permissions panel. How can I recover them?

Thanks a lot!
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

scitrek wrote:Hi, I have a problem with my mod: I've updated my board to version 2.0.23 and I lost the "Needs approval" and the other things of your mod from the users permissions panel. How can I recover them?
How exactly did you "update" your board?
Dogs and things

Post by Dogs and things »

A very nice MOD indeed, thanks a lot for all the work done,

I managed to get it installed on a heavily modded board without mayor problems. That is, once I had read
ChunkyBananas wrote:This is a fantastic mod! thanks a bundle! :D

I have this installed with the Last Topic Title on Index mod, and it didn't work with the straight included fix.
Looks like it leaves a missing open parens after the FROM in index.php. It gave me an sql syntax error on the forum index until I changed the FROM (((... to FROM ((((...
Figured I'd let ya'll know :)
because without this fix it was giving problems on my index.

But now it´s all okay. ;)

Fiddlin' about a bit with the install.txt I managed to get EasyMod do the install for me, which I think is pretty good, due to the heavilly modded code I have.

I have some requests though:

- I would like to make it so that only my ADMIN (me) receives notifications of new unapproved posts, not all of my mods.

- I´d also like to be able to specify who has authorisation for approval, I mean, I would like to be able to determine which mods can or can´t approve posts, but I guess this would requiere quite a bit more coding than my first request.

Greetings.
For phpBB2 support visit phpBB2refugees.
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

Dogs and things wrote: - I would like to make it so that only my ADMIN (me) receives notifications of new unapproved posts, not all of my mods.
That is easy to implement. Give it a couple of days and I'll post the required code changes here. Do you want all admins to receive the notifications or just one particular account?
- I´d also like to be able to specify who has authorisation for approval, I mean, I would like to be able to determine which mods can or can´t approve posts, but I guess this would requiere quite a bit more coding than my first request.
That is changing the concept this MOD is based on quite dramatically and therefore would require significant effort which I am currently not prepared to take. If I may say that is quite strange request considering that the users who have moderators rights normally can delete and edit posts anyway. Why would you not give them permission to approve? I guess your forum must be quite special :-)
Dogs and things

uncle.f wrote:Do you want all admins to receive the notifications or just one particular account?
One Admin in particular, please. ;)
uncle.f wrote:Why would you not give them permission to approve?
Well, it´s not so that I don´t want them to approve but as it will turn out that only me will be able to really decide whether a certain post can be approved the Mods won´t approve any post, even if I want them to.
As you say, the nature of my board and in particular the posts I want to need approvment are a bit special.
So why bother them with notifications and such if they are not gonna be able to do anything with it?

But as I you confirm my fear that this will requiere mayor coding I'm happy to take your MOD as it comes. If you can make the Admin_only_notify request work I´d be very happy. No hurries though, I'll wait and see what you can do. ;)
uncle.f

Post by uncle.f »

Dogs and things wrote:One Admin in particular, please. ;)

Then you have to tell me that admin's user name which will have to be hard-coded.
Well, it´s not so that I don´t want them to approve but as it will turn out that only me will be able to really decide whether a certain post can be approved the Mods won´t approve any post, even if I want them to.
... but you are aware that all Mods, by definition, can approve posts if they wanted to, aren't you? And that cannot be disabled.
Dogs and things

The Admin user_id is 4, is that good enough?

Yes I´m aware they can, that´s fine, no probs, I have good Mods.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”