Approval MOD

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
65%
Very Good
25%
Good
10%
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 20

fabiomaticus

Re: Approval MOD

Post by fabiomaticus » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:47 am

is this mod compatible with attachmnet mod?

fabiomaticus

Post by fabiomaticus » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:52 am

!!!

dellsystem
Former Team Member
Name: Wendy

Post by dellsystem » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:49 pm

fabiomaticus wrote:is this mod compatible with attachmnet mod?
Yes.
This MOD is fully compatible with the Attachment MOD.
Former moderator and website team member | My MODs, and more (GitHub)

fabiomaticus

Post by fabiomaticus » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:57 pm

if a user attaches an image, the image appears to everybody even if the post has not been approved.

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:14 pm

fabiomaticus wrote:if a user attaches an image, the image appears to everybody even if the post has not been approved.
Thank you for reporting the issue. The above quote "This MOD is fully compatible with the Attachment MOD" referred to the fact that the MODs do not conflict with each other and can be installed on the same phpBB instance without causing serious issues.

I will have a look into the attachments being visible issue ASAP.

ElegantSol

Post by ElegantSol » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:01 pm

Out of the clear blue, the label 'Approval options' and the text for each of the check boxes has disappeared from the General Forum Settings.

I have no idea where to look. My other administrator said he touched nothing and I have not either.

Any idea of where to look?
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

Thanks
Steve

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:50 pm

ElegantSol wrote:Out of the clear blue, the label 'Approval options' and the text for each of the check boxes has disappeared from the General Forum Settings.

I have no idea where to look. My other administrator said he touched nothing and I have not either.

Any idea of where to look?
Yes, check your language\lang_xxx\lang_admin.php file. there must be a section that starts with

Code: Select all

//
// Approval
//
$lang['Forum_approval_options']  =  ...

ElegantSol

Post by ElegantSol » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:39 am

Thanks for getting back so soon.

Code: Select all

//
// Approval
//
$lang['Forum_approval_options']  =  ...
Does not exist anywhere in that file. This forum was working properly just a few days ago. I have to believe that one of us two admins touched the wrong thing without knowing it.

Should I just reinstall the mod or perhaps deinstall / reinstall the mod. Is that the simplest solution.

Thanks
Steve

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:01 am

ElegantSol wrote:Should I just reinstall the mod or perhaps deinstall / reinstall the mod. Is that the simplest solution.
I am afraid is not as simple as just installing the MOD again. We do not know which files have changed. If you are seeing the checkboxes but not the text next to them it means at least *some* files are OK, which in turn means that if you re-install the MOD changes to certain files will be done twice and that is not going to be pretty.

Also I am not sure how you are going to de-install the MOD (unless there were no MODs installed after the Approval MOD and you have a backup of your files before installing the Approval MOD -- then you could roll back and re-install it). Otherwise I do not see any other solution than completely rebuilding your board from scratch.

Of course you could try to fix your lang_admin.php file only and see if that works. Good luck!

ElegantSol

Post by ElegantSol » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:33 pm

Additional Info:

I said that this board is running, but just in test mode to train the moderators before it goes live. My new question therefore is:

I do not have a recent enough backup because that was to happen before I went live. Therefore, it appears that the effort to fix the forum may be excessive. In you expert opinion should I just move on to phpBB 3.0 RC2 ? Do you think its stable enough to start over with instead of fixing 20.22 plus adding the mods?

Looks like we are running it here and aparently with few problems.

Thanks
Steve

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:05 am

ElegantSol wrote:should I just move on to phpBB 3.0 RC2 ? Do you think its stable enough to start over with instead of fixing 20.22 plus adding the mods?
That is entirely up to you. Yes, RC2 should be stable enough (although I never tried it personally), but since you are asking about it in this thread I think I have to mention that MODs for phpBB2 will not work with phpBB3 (including the Approval MOD). There is a limited (compared to the Aproval MOD) approval functionality in phpBB3 but it could be enough for your board. So if that is OK with you I see no reason why not moving forward with phpBB3.

TWH

Post by TWH » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:04 pm

Being a rookie, I'm not thinking that it would be a good thing to install something that isn't supported. Thanks anyways.

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:06 pm

TWH wrote:Being a rookie, I'm not thinking that it would be a good thing to install something that isn't supported. Thanks anyways.
What exactly is not supported? As far as I am aware full support is given for all phpBB3 Release Candidates.

nims

Post by nims » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:55 am

Hi I am using Post Control MOD and would like to shift to this MOD. Is it possible. I am using many other MODs like attachment MOD, FAP 1.4.1 (full album pack), extreme styles etc. on phobb 2.0.21
Outsource content writing - Freelance Content Writers
*** Everything related to kids - Kids ***
SEO- search engine optimisation melbourne

uncle.f

Post by uncle.f » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:16 pm

nims wrote:Hi I am using Post Control MOD and would like to shift to this MOD. Is it possible. I am using many other MODs like attachment MOD, FAP 1.4.1 (full album pack), extreme styles etc. on phobb 2.0.21
With all honesty, a short answer would be "I don't know". I have never actually tried Post Control MOD, but I can tell you that the way it operates with regards to the phpBB database is different from the Approval MOD, so you definitely cannot expect your present database to automagically work with the Approval MOD instead of Post Control MOD.

I have said it many times before and I will say it again - because of its nature (i.e., totally changing the concept of posting and viewing) the Approval MOD is very intrusive in phpBB's code, so it is most likely not going to work with any other mods that change posting or viewing behaviour (even slightly). The attachment MOD is OK. Not sure about the FAP MOD, because I do not know what it does or how it works. Extreme styles is OK.

Anyway, if you are planning to try the Approval MOD I suggest you start building a test installation first. Also, may I suggest checking the new much improved version of the Approval MOD v2.0. Please read the FAQ and documentation thoroughly before proceeding with it.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”